PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to help make Appleseed history? Be 1 of 300 shooters on the line!

intheburbs
08-26-2010, 11:30 PM
On September 11-12, there is an Appleseed event scheduled in Waterman, IL. We have a shooting line over 400 yards wide and have room for 300 shooters! The current record is 154 back in 2006. We already have pre-registered more people than that, so this will be a record-breaking event. 37 Appleseed instructors have already volunteered, and more are coming.

Think about it...300 rilfes shooting the redcoat target - that's 3900 rounds. We're going to do a 1 1/2-minute fun shoot - how many rounds will be fired in that time, 10,000?

:ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

Come on out and be part of history! Women, under 18 and active military/reserve shoot free. So a family of 5 would cost 70 bucks, plus $10 each to the range.

Click HERE (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10933.0)for more information,
or click HERE (http://www.eventbrite.com/event/617389629)to register.

shooter57
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=intheburbs]On September 11-12, there is an Appleseed event scheduled in Waterman, IL. We're going to do a 1 1/2-minute fun shoot - how many rounds will be fired in that time, 10,000?

Come on out and be part of history! Women, under 18 and active military/reserve shoot free. So a family of 5 would cost 70 bucks, plus $10 each to the range.

Or go buy six boxs of fed bulk 22's and take the family to shoot until they get blisters on their fingers for the same $120.00.

7.62 Nato
08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=intheburbs]On September 11-12, there is an Appleseed event scheduled in Waterman, IL. We're going to do a 1 1/2-minute fun shoot - how many rounds will be fired in that time, 10,000?

Or go buy six boxs of fed bulk 22's and take the family to shoot until they get blisters on their fingers for the same $120.00.
You obviously have no clue what Appleseed is about. It teaches shooters young and old about gun safety, proper shooting technique, and among other things some important AMERICAN history. That is still considered by some to be a value worth passing on.

hopeitsfast
08-27-2010, 09:31 AM
While i've never participated in any Appleseed events, it definitely sounds like a great .ORG, and i'd love to see MGO get together with them for an event.

But i sure don't understand why they would hold an event that will be remembered for years, in one of the most 'anti' states in the country. Screw Illinois. :twocents:

intheburbs
08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Some of the most successful/fastest-growing Appleseed states are states like California, New York and Illinois. They also happen to be the big population centers.

I think it reflects the desire by residents of those states to have more opportunities to use/practice with their firearms.

As a former NY-er, born and raised on Long Island, I can see and understand why there'd be a pent-up demand for something like Applseed.

HERE'S (http://appleseedinfo.org/300.html) a link with more info about the Appleseed 300. Impressive picture of the shooting line.

shurhouse
08-27-2010, 03:26 PM
While i've never participated in any Appleseed events, it definitely sounds like a great .ORG, and i'd love to see MGO get together with them for an event.

Funny you should mention it. There was a representative from the Appleseed Project at the BoD meeting last Friday night to explain the program and answer questions about how MGO can get involved.

hopeitsfast
08-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Some of the most successful/fastest-growing Appleseed states are states like California, New York and Illinois. They also happen to be the big population centers.

I think it reflects the desire by residents of those states to have more opportunities to use/practice with their firearms.

As a former NY-er, born and raised on Long Island, I can see and understand why there'd be a pent-up demand for something like Applseed.

HERE'S (http://appleseedinfo.org/300.html) a link with more info about the Appleseed 300. Impressive picture of the shooting line.
That definitely makes sense. See, because of my own hatred for those states, i forget that there are actual humans(non-politicians) that live in them. Thanks for pointing that out.

hopeitsfast
08-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Funny you should mention it. There was a representative from the Appleseed Project at the BoD meeting last Friday night to explain the program and answer questions about how MGO can get involved.Good to hear.

PhotoTom
08-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Moved from "General" forum to the new "Appleseed Project" forum!

- Admin

johnzilla
08-28-2010, 09:19 AM
But i sure don't understand why they would hold an event that will be remembered for years, in one of the most 'anti' states in the country. Screw Illinois. :twocents:

IMHO, that's exactly where they should be holding events...in the states where the most change is needed and the Second has been the most perverted and infringed.

Maybe "breaking the ice" so to speak in IL will wake people up, get them more involved. Perhaps even get a state lawmaker or two or three to change the way they vote, or at least start thinking about catering to the pro-2A voters.

I am excited about the event...I hope they crush the record! :D If it wasn't the same weekend as the Woods-n-Water show I would be there to help.

hopeitsfast
08-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Moved from "General" forum to the new "Appleseed Project" forum!

- Admin
Sweet....

intheburbs
08-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Cool. First thread in the Appleseed forum.

I hope we'll still have traffic viewing this thread.

Guys - I drive a Chevy Suburban, and I'll be going by myself (friends stiffed me :sad: ) It's about a 5-hour ride over there, and I'll probably be staying at a hotel, since there's no camping on-site. I'm open to taking a few passengers, if anyone wants to carpool. I've got plenty of room. Even if I take out the rear row for all the gear, it'll still be extremely comfortable for myself and 3 passengers.

Pipe in here, or send me a PM if you're interested. I live in Novi, so if you're willing to drive here, or if you live along the I-94 corridor, I'd be happy to have some company. Plan is to leave here Friday night, and get home Sunday night.

Rooster 308
08-28-2010, 10:29 PM
The current record is 154 back in 2006.

I was there in 06, Southern Indiana. We had rain, fog, sleet, snow and sunshine all the same day. A really good event with like minded folks. Taught me a ton and I've been shooting for years.

Gopher Boy
09-03-2010, 06:58 PM
The 300 shoot is now a week away.

This is going to be a record breaking event.

This will be a once in a life time experience.

There are over 200 patroits registered from all over the nation. Yes, I understand that it's in one of the most Anti-gun states in the union, but we are looking to change that. We have sent a message to Springfield and Chicago by way of Washington via the McDonald decision. Now let's send a message at the grass roots level. Let's set a new record with 300 patroit from across the nation. People that remember what happened just 9 short years ago. People that refuse to forget.

I know that Michigan can help us do it. Come be part of history.

G.B.