PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Shotgun Michigan, Plz help

Shantino
08-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi, My father said i could have his old shotgun if i could figure out what needs to be done in order to make it mine. The things i have no idea where to begin to figure this out so i came here. What process (if there is any) would I have to go through in order to make my fathers shotgun mine. I live in Michigan and am older than 18.

aresbykes
08-28-2010, 07:52 AM
There's a chant you have to sing, Lots of dancing, fire, the usual.

Or you can do it the way my dad did. He bought a few boxes and some clay and we went out and had a great time. At the end of the day, it went into my safe, not his.

Hearts and mind's people!

Shantino
08-28-2010, 07:58 AM
that was funny, but im looking for a serious answer please.

Ruger
08-28-2010, 08:03 AM
You don't have to do anything! A father or anyone for that matter can give a long gun to anyone he chooses except a convicted felon. Or at least that's the way I see it. Carry on soldier!!!! :pistols:

PhotoTom
08-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Does your father live in Michigan also? If so...there is nothing required different than any other "gift" (tools, etc).

aresbykes
08-28-2010, 08:05 AM
There is no " requirements" other than you being old enough and not a felon. If you meet those criteria( you are old enough ) you should be good to go. Michigan has no transfer for longguns, only pistols.

Shantino
08-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you all for your responses =D you just made my day.

GPintheMitten
08-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Keep in mind, hand guns laws are very different. So if someone wants to give you a hand gun, come back here and ask about that. Enjoy your new to you shot gun.

Leader
08-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Actually....
You need to get your father to read this forum at least once a week. Then he will know that all he had to do was say it's yours & it would have been done.
We would welcome a new participant.

Toledo Kid
08-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Thank you all for your responses =D you just made my day.:welcome: to MGO!!!
When you get a chance go here>>> http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154 (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)and introduce yourself!!!

michigan_rkba
08-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Slow down, guys, we're getting ahead of ourselves and forgetting the most important part of this process: I think that in order to make this transfer legit, he has to take his dad out for a nice steak.

Leader
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Slow down, guys, we're getting ahead of ourselves and forgetting the most important part of this process: I think that in order to make this transfer legit, he has to take his dad out for a nice steak.

Ahhhhh...... I thought that part was alresdy understood.

nozol
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Haha definitely... or better yet, he has to field dress and cook the game taken for at least the first couple hunting trips :-D