PDA

View Full Version : IDPA STATE MATCH HAT CAM 8-29-10

jeepinrrt
08-29-2010, 08:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woA4q4dEmOY

There she is.... More of the same, all show no go :thdown:

I am working on a second try with better edits. I think Youtube took out sections with my F-Bombs I was dropping at myself.

wJAKE19
08-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Good job Brad, its hard running a major match with a 26, you did good for using the smallest gun in the field.

Will-IB-Ready
08-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Yep. Looks like you did a pretty good job. :thup:

What stage did you RO Jake?

Troubleshooter
08-30-2010, 06:38 AM
I liked your WOW after shooting the revolver.

It was fun running that stage. There were a lot of shooters that had no idea how to operate/shoot a revlover.

But there were no ftn's and very few down 3 hits.

I think there was only one miss in the whole match.

miked
08-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Cool. I like the hat cam vids.

cl76
08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Video looks great.

jeepinrrt
08-30-2010, 09:00 AM
I liked your WOW after shooting the revolver.

It was fun running that stage. There were a lot of shooters that had no idea how to operate/shoot a revlover.

But there were no ftn's and very few down 3 hits.

I think there was only one miss in the whole match.

lol, I think that was a "Wow I HATE revolvers" I wasn't used to it, but it was still a fun element to the stage, mixed things up a bit.

Big_Jim
08-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Nice job on the video. Very cool.

Love the cornstalks as a prop.

jeepinrrt
08-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Good job Brad, its hard running a major match with a 26, you did good for using the smallest gun in the field.

Well when you put it that way I don't feel so bad, but 196 points down is unacceptable, no matter what you are shooting :bfg2:

At least I move fast enough to make up for some of the bad things...

wJAKE19
08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
are the scores posted online or did someone get an email with scores? I want to take a look at them again.

jeepinrrt
08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Tina sent them out in an e-mail. I tried to attach the file here but its is too big. I have not checked the site yet to see if they were up.

On a side note does anyone know why Vogel was DC'd I imagine that means disqualified but maybe its a Did not Compete? Maybe just giving it to someone else, realizing he is the best??

Arbor_Shooter
08-30-2010, 11:06 AM
DC = Division Champion

This is awarded to the top place finisher in each classification. So, in theory, if a marksman was first overall, they could still be awarded DC, but usually it goes to the top master, and sometimes the top expert, but rarely.

Vogel always wins DC. He was shooting in the slowest autoloader category (CDP) and trounced everyone by a huge margin. The only person who was even close was another top national competitor, Morgan Allen, and he was still well behind him.

It isn't a coincidence that Vogel was also the most accurate shooter in terms of lowest points down.

Still, many local shooters did amazing, and it was a great match that Tom and Tina and all the other volunteers put a ton of time and effort into.

jeepinrrt
08-30-2010, 11:50 AM
DC = Division Champion

This is awarded to the top place finisher in each classification. So, in theory, if a marksman was first overall, they could still be awarded DC, but usually it goes to the top master, and sometimes the top expert, but rarely.

Vogel always wins DC. He was shooting in the slowest autoloader category (CDP) and trounced everyone by a huge margin. The only person who was even close was another top national competitor, Morgan Allen, and he was still well behind him.

It isn't a coincidence that Vogel was also the most accurate shooter in terms of lowest points down.

Still, many local shooters did amazing, and it was a great match that Tom and Tina and all the other volunteers put a ton of time and effort into.

This makes a ton more sense, thank you.

Jay870
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Love to watch Bob shoot. He's arguably the best iron-sight shooter in the country and how he has not been picked up as a full time pro by an industry player is beyond me.

MichiganShootist
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the video.

F Y I-- You start every stage looking at the ground. Try focusing on where you are going:)
The scores were e-mailed last night.

MichiganShootist
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
An earlier post said Bob Vogel... "aways wins DC"....

He damn near always wins low score over all---- regardless of what he shoots.

(Yeah - - Yeah-- I know - - IDPA doesn't have a HOA.... but any experienced competition shooter wants to know ---who was tops.!!!

I had lunch with him at the match on Sunday and he said that he's even been playing around with the idea of shooting revolver in a couple of the big stakes matches where $100K is on the line...and is tuning up a S & W wheelgun for that.

This guy is THE REAL DEAL. He has great values, is very approachable, and can shoot anything.

Mark

BigBadAllis
08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Nice job with the video. It was a pleasure shooting with you on Sunday.

Jason

jeepinrrt
08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the video.

F Y I-- You start every stage looking at the ground. Try focusing on where you are going:)
The scores were e-mailed last night.

You know, I didn't even notice that. I grew up racing motocross and that is how you start, head down to look at the gate. I guess I just sub-consciously just reverted back to that for IDPA starts. Thanks for pointing that out.

wurm
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Cool video jeepinrrt! There was a guy on my squad running one and I was thinking I might want to pick one up eventually. Nice job running that tiny little Glock by the way. No wonder you had 196 points down. There were a lot of pretty far shots at this match which would be pretty challenging with that short sight radius. Makes me want to go and get good at 50 yard shooting so the 25 yard shots don't seem so bad. Do you always run a Glock 26 in IDPA or was this something new you were trying?

jeepinrrt
08-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Cool video jeepinrrt! There was a guy on my squad running one and I was thinking I might want to pick one up eventually. Nice job running that tiny little Glock by the way. No wonder you had 196 points down. There were a lot of pretty far shots at this match which would be pretty challenging with that short sight radius. Makes me want to go and get good at 50 yard shooting so the 25 yard shots don't seem so bad. Do you always run a Glock 26 in IDPA or was this something new you were trying?

I always run the 26, but for some reason I have been in a funk and can't hit crap the past two weeks. There were a lot of long shots compared to the monthly matches as well, but I still need to work on trigger control, thats 90% of it I think. When I pulled the trigger on every shot, my front sight was clear as day and center mass, So I don't think I'm trying to go too fast in that respect, just in the trigger control side of things. I am going to do a otn of simple marksmanship work. My draw, movement, and split times are all fast enough but hitting the target is where I stall, go figure, lol.

wurm
08-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey, we've all got something to work on. Recently I spent a ton of time learning to get my eyes as fast as possible on the target if I'm transitioning or on the next spot I'm running to. Just let my eyes dictate how fast I go. No more following the front sight after the shot breaks and taking my sweet time. It has really sped me up and hasn't cost me in the accuracy department.

This match showed me that I have come a long way but I have plenty to work on. Swingers for example. Didn't do too hot on them and never really do. I know the theory on how to shoot them correctly but I just haven't spent the time. Then there is shooting past 20 yards. Definitely needs work. I can shoot a pretty good group at 20 yards but when I speed it up the shots drift low. Just like you said, it is all in the trigger press.

I got to shoot in the squad behind Bob Vogel and we finished a few times before he shot so my squad got to watch him run. Man was that amazing. No hesitation, no wasted movement. Hit the center every time. Just how it looks in my head when I run a stage through my mind. Then reality has to go and get in the way :)

Will-IB-Ready
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Just how it looks in my head when I run a stage through my mind. Then reality has to go and get in the way :)
Amen brother...
Good post.