PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPK or Bodyguard 380?

steve126a
08-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I might have the opportunity pick up either one of these pistols for an amazing price, but honestly I would be looking to either trade it or sell it towards a 9mm carry pistol. Which one would yield a better price? Both would be BNIB.

The Walther is probably a nicer gun and has a higher MSRP, but it seems most people aren't really interested in them. The Bodyguard is the new kid on the block and might generate more interest because it is still so new.

Any dealers care to give me an idea of what the trade in value on one of these is?

steve126a
08-31-2010, 05:05 PM
No one???

lotusexige
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
ive got a SS PPK .380 and its a decent gun. feels heavy for its size. recoil is obnoxious. it really snaps back and can hurt in cold weather. if your going to buy and resell id go with the bodyguard .380 then ditch it. 380 is too expensive and hard to find.

tote'ngranny
08-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Shot the BG.380 some more tonight when I met with Dk's wife. I am liking this little gun more and more each time I shoot it! Way less recoil than the LCP.

Cost of .380 has really come down quite a bit. I have been buying from Cabela's

45/70fan
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I might have the opportunity pick up either one of these pistols for an amazing price, but honestly I would be looking to either trade it or sell it towards a 9mm carry pistol. Which one would yield a better price? Both would be BNIB.

The Walther is probably a nicer gun and has a higher MSRP, but it seems most people aren't really interested in them. The Bodyguard is the new kid on the block and might generate more interest because it is still so new.

Any dealers care to give me an idea of what the trade in value on one of these is?

If the PPk was mfg by S&W be very very careful, they do not have the best reputation for reliability.

lotusexige
09-01-2010, 08:59 PM
If the PPk was mfg by S&W be very very careful, they do not have the best reputation for reliability.

they are not are nice but they are defiantly built stronger.

lotusexige
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Shot the BG.380 some more tonight when I met with Dk's wife. I am liking this little gun more and more each time I shoot it! Way less recoil than the LCP.

Cost of .380 has really come down quite a bit. I have been buying from Cabela's
ive been buying remington from walmart for about $18 for a box of 50

007bondjamesbond007
09-02-2010, 03:28 AM
I got the S & W PPK/s and it is very reliable. Never had a a FTF. The recoil is a bit snappy but the LCP was much worse. The gun is highly accurate and fits in a pocket nicely. Yes it is a bit heavy it is not plastic but after carrying a full size 1911 you don't notice it. The gun has been around since 1935 and they are still making it.

007bondjamesbond007
09-02-2010, 03:31 AM
I got the S & W PPK/s and it is very reliable. Never had a a FTF. The recoil is a bit snappy but the LCP was much worse. The gun is highly accurate and fits in a pocket nicely. Yes it is a bit heavy it is not plastic but after carrying a full size 1911 you don't notice it. The gun has been around since 1929 and they are still making it. :007:

lotusexige
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I got the S & W PPK/s and it is very reliable. Never had a a FTF. The recoil is a bit snappy but the LCP was much worse. The gun is highly accurate and fits in a pocket nicely. Yes it is a bit heavy it is not plastic but after carrying a full size 1911 you don't notice it. The gun has been around since 1929 and they are still making it. :007:

Now this guy is biased. Look at his name. JK

Ive had several FTF in my PPK. It wont set off the Remington umc primers. Ive got to re-cock the hammer sometimes 2-3 times. This could be that I have not had the recall done on mine and that when I send it in I will notify them of the problem.

007bondjamesbond007
09-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Now this guy is biased. Look at his name. JK

Ive had several FTF in my PPK. It wont set off the Remington umc primers. Ive got to re-cock the hammer sometimes 2-3 times. This could be that I have not had the recall done on mine and that when I send it in I will notify them of the problem.

The gun is tight when I first got it but it did break in great. I shot most types of ammo in it and had no problems. You do have to let the slide slam back and not be gentle with it. I am not biased to the PPK/s it does have some drawbacks like weight and size compared to the LCP or Keltec.
It cost more then most 380's and could get a really great 9mm or 45 for the price.