POWER FACTOR HANDGUNNERS
2004 Fall Bowling Pin Matches

October 3
October 17
October 31
November14
November 28
December12
Power Factor Pin Shoots are held a Peter's Indoor Range, Gratiot, South of 12 Mile Rd., in Roseville. Sign-up starts at 2:45 PM with the match starting at 3 PM. Entry fee is $15 ($10 for club members). All shooters must be signed in by 4:30 PM. Matches are limited to 42 shooters. Eye and ear protection is mandatory. All safety rules will be strictly enforced.
For more information contact:
Alex (586)-759-2256, E-Mail: alexvit@ix.netcom.com
Roger (313)-521-1937, E-mail: RwRoney@Gatecom.com

What is Pin Shooting?
A two tier table, with three pins on the bottom and two on top, is set 25 feet from the firing line. At the start signal the shooter tries to knock all of the pins completely off the table within 15 seconds. Your elapsed time for the table is your score. The procedure is repeated for a total of six tables. Your worst score is deleted and the remaining five are added up for your total score.

There is a Sportsman class. It is intended for shooters new to pin shooting. Any centerfire revolver or auto 9mm or larger can be used. Five pins are set on the lower level of the table and on the back edge. All other rules are the same as 5 pin. This event can be shot on any night, except during the league, in place of the standard 5 pin event.
Events other than 5 pin
9 pin - at the back of the table on the lower level, centerfire only 9mm and above.
22 rimfire - 5 pins on the back of the lower level. Use can use a pistol or rifle.
Big Bore - full 44 loads only.

The favorite firearm and caliber is a 1911 in .45 ACP. The smallest reliable auto caliber is the 40 S&W. For revolver fans a .357 Magnum is the smallest reliable caliber. There is no limit on magazine capacity or number of reloads for auto shooters. Revolver shooters can use a second revolver rather that reload.

The POWER FACTOR HANDGUNNERS is a NRA and MUCC affiliated club. We have been hosting pin shoots since 1988. It is not necessary to be a member to compete in our matches. Stop by and give pin shooting a try.

G22
09-29-2004, 09:50 AM
See you guys the 31st. I'll be small game hunting and salmon fishing every weekend till then.

For everyone who wants to give this a try, It's extreemly fun and addictive. I was one of the new guys last year and everyone was very friendly and helpfull. I shot on and off through the non-league season and made every league shoot after that. Its a good time with great people.

Oh ya, if you make all the League shoots theres a banquet to follow with great prizes and food. I ended up with a Bagmaster range bag, a new set of Peltor ear protection, and a knife sharpining kit. :mrgreen:

Roger Roney
09-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Please note that Peter's is closed on Sundays, so even when we are there, they do not answer the phone.

If you are planning to come, and for whatever reason, may arrive after 4, email or PM me for a cell phone # a day or two ahead, that way we can hold a slot. We are somewhat flexible, but this time of year we may be done and start to tear down exactly at 4:30.

Roger

alex-vitek
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
See you guys the 31st. I'll be small game hunting and salmon fishing every weekend till then.
That match on the 31st is what we call our Big Bore match. It is a side match that takes place after the main event. The gun has to be a major bore diameter, like those magnum revolvers over .400. This is a perfect match to shoot with your hunting handgun, provided it is a 41 Mag or larger. And, the ammo must be of a major power factor. No wimp loads.

alex-vitek
11-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Another match this coming Sunday. Some of the regulars will be up at deer camp already but the rest of us will be around.

Roger Roney
01-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Only two more matches, this Sunday and February 6, until the League starts on February 20.

We will still accomodate non-league shooters, but it will be in major caliber, 5 pin only. No sportsman or 9 pin during league.

Alex resurrected his old "OutDoors LinX" page and added a Power Factors page. I would suggest just bookmarking Alex's page, and scroll to click on the PFH page, as Alex tells me its address may be changed from time to time. (Something to do with being "free." :D :D )

Alex's page; http://home.ix.netcom.com/~alexvit/outdoor/amv.htm

PFH (current) page; http://home.ix.netcom.com/~alexvit/outdoor/pfh/pfh.htm

Roger

alex-vitek
01-22-2005, 08:36 AM
After the match we have several cases of bowling pins that we will be throwing away. These pins have been pretty well shot up but they will still stand and can take many more hits. They would make excellent reactionary targets. Put them on a log or railroad tie and try to knock them off by shooting against a timer. Lot of excellent target shooting ideas for them.

Anyone who shoots the match and stays till the end can take home a case or two of these pins after we sort them. Otherwise, they will end up in a dumpster before long.