PDA

View Full Version : HB 6410 CPL to SoS

Tallbear
09-02-2010, 08:32 AM
HB 6410 of 2010 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2010-HB-6410)
Weapons; licensing; processing, approval, and maintenance of concealed pistol permit applications; establish as responsibility of secretary of state.
Last Action: 9/1/2010 referred to Committee on Tourism, Outdoor Recreation and Natural Resources

Tallbear
09-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Read carefully not only the things being added/changed but also the areas being struck out.

hopeitsfast
09-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Can you give us a 'english version' instead of a lawyer version?

Tallbear
09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Can you give us a 'english version' instead of a lawyer version?

What you see is what you get. It is the way the "law" will be when/if the bill is passed.

Most of it just transfers the responsibility to SoS. There are a couple changes that are not as obvious. One is that "only" class certificates containing the prepare "wording" ( "complies with subsection ......") will be accepted. No longer will the "old" versions be accepted.

hopeitsfast
09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
What you see is what you get. It is the way the "law" will be when/if the bill is passed.

Most of it just transfers the responsibility to SoS. There are a couple changes that are not as obvious. One is that "only" class certificates containing the prepare "wording" ( "complies with subsection ......") will be accepted. No longer will the "old" versions be accepted.
OK, i just finished reading this whole thing. The way i read this, the gunboards seem to not be eliminated it that correct? If that is correct, how would that work?

Tallbear
09-02-2010, 10:02 AM
OK, i just finished reading this whole thing. The way i read this, the gunboards seem to not be eliminated it that correct? If that is correct, how would that work?

Gun Boards are established by the county. It would be the county that would dissolve the board at their discretion.

Quaamik
09-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Several concerns:

If, as outlined in section 7, the Secretary of State required an applicant to appear, where would they have to appear? The local office? Or Lansing?

I tappears that the wording has been altered wherever it reffered to "pistols" or "weapons" (plural) to the singular. Can this be construed as changing the intent of the law to restrict CPL holders to carrying only one pistol at any given time?

Gun Boards are established by the county. It would be the county that would dissolve the board at their discretion.

If a gun board was not dissolved, what powers would it / could it have?

I did notice the additioon of slef defense "foam". I wasn't aware that the foam devices were not allowed under the prior law (I thought that what prohibited most of them was the laughable limits on size and concentration we have to deal with).

dpgperftest
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
WACO gun board will be dissolved is how I read it and the SOS in 2012 will be in control.

ricbak
09-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I would say we have to do our Due Diligence to do and compare HB 6410 by Scott/Pavlov and HB 6048 introduced by Rep Sheltrown and other in April, 2010.

Check this link to a thread in here: migunowners dot org/forum/showthread 89212
back in the spring.

Toledo Kid
09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Are they looking to regulate this like they do driver license??
At the state level??

malignity
09-10-2010, 04:27 PM
How do I know what's been added and such? I guess I'm not seeing something.

NickS
09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
WACO gun board will be dissolved is how I read it and the SOS in 2012 will be in control.

ALL gun boards would have to be dissolved, not just WaCo and I don't think that is going to happen. Too much involved.

dpgperftest
09-10-2010, 05:05 PM
ALL gun boards would have to be dissolved, not just WaCo and I don't think that is going to happen. Too much involved.
thats sad becouse thare are some good ones out thare

dpgperftest
09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
we it states by dec 2012 to be done ????I think its a good thang just my 2 cents

45/70fan
09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
thats sad becouse thare are some good ones out thare

True, but there are also some out there that are just plain dictators. When the shall issue was passed it was supposed to make all boards the same and do away with arbitrary rules. Didn't happen too many of the county gunboards are treating applicants like criminals when the boards are actually the criminals.

dpgperftest
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
True, but there are also some out there that are just plain dictators. When the shall issue was passed it was supposed to make all boards the same and do away with arbitrary rules. Didn't happen too many of the county gunboards are treating applicants like criminals when the boards are actually the criminals.
I agree

dpgperftest
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
+1 Waco being one of them oakland Co is another one :lipseal: