PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Range in Traverse City Area

kimberlady
09-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Anyone know of an indoor range in the Grand Traverse area or near by? There used to be a decent place called Zeroed In that I guess is now closed. Willing to drive a little bit.... thanks guys!!!

Jay870
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes Zeroed In is now closed unfortunately. As far as Indoor Ranges go I am not aware of any that are open to the public in the area.

The nearest indoor facilities that I am aware of are both at private clubs (Northland Sportsmen's Club (Gaylord) & Bellaire Conservation Club (Bellaire)), and are only used for organized events so far as I know.

rifle guy
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Can't speak for Bellaire but I've been to Northland quite a few times. Nice club, holds well runs events. They happen to have an NRA HP match scheduled this Sunday too.

HTH,

rifle guy @ LSC

RevDerb
09-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Why don't you give Discerning Shootist a call or email? He/they should be able to direct you.

email: wsracer { at } hotmail.com

kimberlady
09-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Not familiar with Discerning Shootist.... will look into it. thanks everyone! Usually hit the beach when up this way but this weekend poses a new situation!

Smokepole
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
"Discerning Shootist" is a shop that recently relocated to the "Commons" area. (The old State Hospital). The owner is a poster on this site, but I have forgotten his name. They sell products for both open and concealed carry, but there is no range available.
...I know every club up here, and every shooting range, and with the exception of the two already mentioned, there are no others, unfortunately.
...Weather forecast is for improving weather for Sunday and Monday.
...Depending on where you are staying I might be able to guide you to some clubs that have non member shooting available, all outside.
...E mail, or "PM" me.