PDA

View Full Version : Difficult Michigan Hunting Rules (amended from Tree Stand)

russianblood
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm reading over the hunting rules for 2010/11 and I noticed that you are no longer allowed to hunt deer with a firearm from a tree stand. When did this change?

Straight out of rulebook:
Raised Platforms and Tree Stands
The following persons may hunt from a raised platform or tree stand:
l All bow and crossbow hunters.
l Bear and deer hunters when using a firearm.
l Fox and coyote hunters from one-half hour before sunrise to
one-half hour after sunset.
All other firearm hunters are prohibited from using a raised platform
or tree stand.

Tallbear
09-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm reading over the hunting rules for 2010/11 and I noticed that you are no longer allowed to hunt deer with a firearm from a tree stand. When did this change?

Straight out of rulebook:
Raised Platforms and Tree Stands
The following persons may hunt from a raised platform or tree stand:
l All bow and crossbow hunters.
l Bear and deer hunters when using a firearm.
l Fox and coyote hunters from one-half hour before sunrise to
one-half hour after sunset.
All other firearm hunters are prohibited from using a raised platform
or tree stand.

I'd say you CAN hunt deer from a tree stand.

russianblood
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Doh! I'm so glad you cleared that up for me. I must drink more coffee before reading the hunting rules.

dpgperftest
09-03-2010, 07:30 PM
LOL LOL i do that all the time LOL

lotusexige
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
LOL LOL i do that all the time LOL
ya we can tell. most of your statements are incoherent ramblings.

dpgperftest
09-03-2010, 08:02 PM
ya we can tell. most of your statements are incoherent ramblings.
Only Commies and libtards don't understand them. SO what is it you DON"T understand???? :poke:

Toledo Kid
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
ya we can tell. most of your statements are incoherent ramblings.hahahahaha :clap:

Shoots2much
09-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Wow bunch of nice guys around here...

Wyoming
09-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Stick around. It gets better.

Greetings from Wyoming, BTW!

fr3db3ar
09-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Only Commies and libtards don't understand them. SO what is it you DON"T understand???? :poke:

I'm neither...and there are times I just can't figure out what you're trying to say.:hick:

dougwg
09-04-2010, 06:31 PM
We know eachother...we just like to :poke: our buddies. :peace:

dpgperftest
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
We know eachother...we just like to :poke: our buddies. :peace:
+1 on that one and welcome stay around there is some serous threads some bitching threads we have everything out here just remember this is the INTERNET never go away made . I have meet some people out here and i can say there is not one person out here that I would NOT call Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Leader
09-18-2010, 07:06 PM
+1 on that one and welcome stay around there is some serous threads some bitching threads we have everything out here just remember this is the INTERNET never go away made . I have meet some people out here and i can say there is not one person out here that I would NOT call Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

HummmmI haven't met many but can think of some I would question.

jackle1886
09-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't scare me like that guys. I just set two stands up yesterday. :sniper2:

RevDerb
09-18-2010, 09:22 PM
I sat down determined to read the rule book from cover to cover yesterday while my wife was in WW grocery shopping. By page 11-12 (somewhere in there) I gave up. I think that it would be easier to read and understand Maobama's health care bill. :deal2:

mikethepike
09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm glad there wasnt that change...I have several hundred dollars in stands and climbing sticks that would end up going to the scrapper.......whew!!!

enigmatical
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
I sat down determined to read the rule book from cover to cover yesterday while my wife was in WW grocery shopping. By page 11-12 (somewhere in there) I gave up. I think that it would be easier to read and understand Maobama's health care bill. :deal2:

It does seem to get worse every year doesn't it?

dougwg
09-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Can we get the tittle of this thread changed?

It's VERY misleading

russianblood
09-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Can we get the tittle of this thread changed?

It's VERY misleading

If you agree with me, please goto the OP and report the post to the mod's or click this ----> http://www.migunowners.org/forum/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/report.php?p=988815)

Changed.

dougwg
09-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Changed.
Awesome!

It's just that I'm sure many hunters in Michigan will do a search on the internet and come up with your tittle. Some of those will not research further.

Besides, I read it every morning and then catch myself and say ...oh yeah....it's that thread. This of course, before I've had my coffee.

westcliffe01
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Sorry to bring back this old post, but if one is allowed to hunt deer, bear and Coyote from a tree stand, what is the DNR trying to prohibit ?

1) night hunting of Coyotes ? I would have thought that hunting from a raised platform would improve safety by making the earths surface a "backstop" for the rimfire bullets if you are shooting downwards. That and the fact that one can see the quarry and anyone out wandering around would seem to Improve safety.
2) Hunting Elk or moose from a tree stand ?
3) Small game hunting (so shooting fox, possums, raccoon and squirrel from a tree stand is illegal ?)

Anything else ?

hillbillyinmi
08-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm glad there wasnt that change...I have several hundred dollars in stands and climbing sticks that would end up going to the scrapper.......whew!!!

If you're just into the hundreds, I may have to question how serious you are about deer hunting.:poke:

Deadman2000
08-03-2011, 08:45 PM

Merffme
08-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Awesome!

It's just that I'm sure many hunters in Michigan will do a search on the internet and come up with your tittle. Some of those will not research further.

Besides, I read it every morning and then catch myself and say ...oh yeah....it's that thread. This of course, before I've had my coffee.

Aawww CRAP! I just read the OP's tittle, and went and spread the word on the new laws, now I'm going to have to go back and tell them the tittle was changed, dammit!:drunk: