PDA

View Full Version : Lake St. Clair

CalebL1911
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Going bass fishing on lake St. Clair in a few weeks. Its my first time on the "lake" and I am just looking for some pointers on whats been working in terms of bait set-up/technique. Also favorite spots are welcome as I'll be fishing the Big Ten bass tournament. don't worry I'll put them back after I'm done.

screagles
09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Close to the shore spinners work great. I havent fished off shore but the bass always seem to be at the corner of a inlet/outlet.

1173jared
09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Now i usually wont tell someone my fav bass lure/worm but, Gander mountains brand, 5'' rubber trick stick worm crawlfish orange color on a nice size bass hook *no weights/sinkers*. the bass just slam em every time ive been out there. One of my favorite spots is 20-50 yrds out from bouies on metro beach. just cast and let it sink jigging/pulling it around. also any shad type lure work good (silver/white rapala, or rubber shad w/ weighted head hook) closer to shore/ rock piles anywhere on the lake. If you need a deck hand/net guy/or an extra avid bass angler to help out just let me know:lol: :upto:

unclejoe
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
. . . can you carry while out on the lake?

CoponPatrol
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Try Black Creek near Metro Park-Flipping the docks and seawalls for Largemouths. Don't use anything too big. a 4 inch slider or crawfish imitation works real well on a 1/4 oz jighead.

On the northern side of the lake near Salt River near the boat ramp off M-29 there are a lot of sunken and partiallty exposed pilings. Tube jigs work real well there for smallies. You'll get hung up a lot and the boat will crunch a piling now and then but if the smallies are there, hang on because they'll be in the 4 pound range.

Have fun and good luck.

CalebL1911
09-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks for all the help guys!!! and in case you were wondering... GO BLUE!

jeff s
09-07-2010, 12:45 AM
. . . can you carry while out on the lake?make sure you do NOT cross into Canadian waters with a pistol.

sprinklerguy28
09-07-2010, 03:33 AM
. . . can you carry while out on the lake?

Yes you can. As stated do not cross that imaginary line into Canada.