PDA

View Full Version : Double Action revises CPL policy

jpeos
10-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Stopped by Double Action on Dequindre this afternoon for a little shootin' with the family and was surprised to see signs scattered about the place announcing their new CPL policy. Basically says CPL carry is A-OK as long as it STAYS concealed in the store area. Guns to be repaired or fitted to holsters must be unloaded and cased. Even a line in there that the same rules apply to all, including LEOs (nice to see, IMO).

Maybe the squeaky wheel finally got the grease!

- John

Scoop
10-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Stopped by Double Action on Dequindre this afternoon for a little shootin' with the family and was surprised to see signs scattered about the place announcing their new CPL policy. Basically says CPL carry is A-OK as long as it STAYS concealed in the store area. Guns to be repaired or fitted to holsters must be unloaded and cased. Even a line in there that the same rules apply to all, including LEOs (nice to see, IMO).

Maybe the squeaky wheel finally got the grease!

- John I'll take as much time RETURNING to DA as it took them to (finally) change their policy ... :)

On the last part - are you telling me that they are trying to force all LEO's, including uniformed, on-duty officers, to conceal ??

M1911A1
10-11-2004, 07:14 PM
I am glad to hear of this change in policy.
I am a bit curious as to what the final impetus was in the change.

LivoniaDan
10-11-2004, 07:27 PM
WOW... they move almost as fast as the Wayne County Clerks office......

Three years........ finally......

mkls0
10-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Thats good .... BUT he will not get my cash!!!!!! Way to long to fix it ...

ANIMAL
10-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Three years........ finally......

been more than three years friend. I didn't buy my kimber from tehm because of thier policy and that was about 7or 8 years ago I believe.

jpeos
10-11-2004, 09:56 PM
On the last part - are you telling me that they are trying to force all LEO's, including uniformed, on-duty officers, to conceal ??

No, I'm not, nor would I think such a policy a good idea. I am happy to see, though, that off-duty LEOs are reminded that they are subject to the same rules we are.

Red Sector A
10-12-2004, 06:13 PM
I agree.. way too long to fix... I havent gone there since I found out they didnt allow CPL in their establishment... I dont like hypocrites!

mkls0
10-12-2004, 06:20 PM
I agree.. way too long to fix... I havent gone there since I found out they didnt allow CPL in their establishment... I dont like hypocrites!

He need us now O well I do not need him....

Brian
10-13-2004, 01:24 AM
mklso wrote;

He need us now O well I do not need him....

This is just what the anti's want, if we hang each other they wont have to hang us, we'll do it to ourselves.

Double Action made a mistake and we made the decision not to go there. They corrected the mistake and we're still going to hang them? come on folks, they seen the error of their ways and fixed it. We can all hang together or we will surely all hang separately. Seems I read that somewhere.

With all the attacks we are under from the "other side" we should welcome one of our own back into the fold and count the numbers in our favor.

Next year the UN votes on a treaty to eliminate civilian gun ownership, this is not the time to stand divided.

Red Sector A
10-13-2004, 07:46 AM
This is just what the anti's want, if we hang each other they wont have to hang us, we'll do it to ourselves.

Double Action made a mistake and we made the decision not to go there. They corrected the mistake and we're still going to hang them? come on folks, they seen the error of their ways and fixed it. We can all hang together or we will surely all hang separately. Seems I read that somewhere.

With all the attacks we are under from the "other side" we should welcome one of our own back into the fold and count the numbers in our favor.

Next year the UN votes on a treaty to eliminate civilian gun ownership, this is not the time to stand divided.

As far as DA is concerned .. they joined the anti's when they denied me my rights to carry in their shop.. and somehow I doubt their sudden reversal has anything to do with a change of heart about CPL.. more money than anything.. JMO ...

As for the UN vote... who cares what they vote.. it has no relavance here... they have no control over our Constitution.. never have.. never will.

Brian
10-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Red Sector, It was very likely about money, everything in our society is about money. We have some creative ways to get it from each other. All I'm saying is this fight isn't going away and the UN does matter because they're going to try and shove a global gun ban down our throat and we need everyone concerned about 2A to be as vocal as possible. Nobody wants it to come to fighting in the streets.

mkls0
10-13-2004, 04:06 PM
This is about Double Action NOT the UN. Double Action need more money so now he thinks it's ok for us to have are 2A rights now ...

Ok thanks. My cash gos to ALL the other gun shops that NEW I had 2A rights from the start!!!!!

Slatherd
10-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Thats good .... BUT he will not get my cash!!!!!! Way to long to fix it ...

I started to agree with you then I thought.. Why even try to change these people? If there is no intention of going back to them if they do? We all know this is about money. In the beginning these businesses say, "We want our stores safe" So, they put up a no gun sign. then, when they realize how much bad mouthing and money they are losing they go pull down the sign. Double Action is no different. do you really think anyone in business that pulls down their sign was suddenly changed into a progunner? "I saw the light and I love guns" No, it's all about money for ALL of them. Who cares. I'll give my money to Double action now. reguardless of their motives.

As for the UN vote... who cares what they vote.. it has no relavance here... they have no control over our Constitution.. never have.. never will.

If you believe the UN will never have pull here.. check again. They will not only have relavance here but they will control us. the UN already has foriegn troops here. This is no secret. Why bring in foriegn troops? Because our regular military would have trouble firing on its own people in case of emergency. Do you think your average French UN soldier would think twice? Dont think so.

Red Sector A
10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
...Why even try to change these people? If there is no intention of going back to them if they do? ....... No, it's all about money for ALL of them.

I guess I could be called resentful... my good opinion once lost is lost forever ... a gun shop that doesnt respect my 2A rights shouldnt be in the gun business ... I let DA know that they were loosing my business when they put up those signs.. they didnt care then.. and I dont care now.. I stopped trying to change them so I dont care that they have change now .. each person's decision is their own .. I respect yours and understand your reasoning.. I just dont personally agree with it in my case. :)

If you believe the UN will never have pull here.. check again. They will not only have relavance here but they will control us.

I havent seen UN troops marching down the streets here... and I dont believe I ever will .. I dont buy into the UN troops taking over idea... I dont think it will happen here .. I think the UN will be kicked out of the country before that happens... but I dont want to argue about it since no one can fortell the future.. I just hope you are wrong on this one... but believe I will keep a wary eye open just to make sure it doesnt sneak up on me :)

Do you think your average French UN soldier would think twice?

French soldier? .. I thought those were extinct! :lol:

mkls0
10-13-2004, 08:10 PM
3 yr's is to long to fix it !!!!!!!!

Slatherd
10-13-2004, 10:44 PM
I havent seen UN troops marching down the streets here... and I dont believe I ever will .. I dont buy into the UN troops taking over idea... I dont think it will happen here .. I think the UN will be kicked out of the country before that happens... but I dont want to argue about it since no one can fortell the future.. I just hope you are wrong on this one... but believe I will keep a wary eye open just to make sure it doesnt sneak up on me

Your right you havent seen them. But those blue helmets are here. Matter of fact, My mother living in North Carolina was told by a sargent they are training UN troops in the USA. The USA is to intertwined in the UN to kick them out. While I wish this wasnt the case, thats how it is. There is too many people in this country that see the UN as a good thing. French UN troops do exist. As do many other oversea countries

jbindt
10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
I am glad to see that they changed their policy.
We guit going there because of their no ccw rules.
And every body said fine we wont spend our money in their store.
So our reasoning. that if they saw a drop in profits they would change their policy WORKED.
I will return to their establishment. I really liked their range.
Prices on firearms seemed a little high though.

Kouger
10-14-2004, 12:15 PM
never been there.not planning on going anytime soon......

several reasons involved

taurus92
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
I havent seen UN troops marching down the streets here... and I dont believe I ever will .. I dont buy into the UN troops taking over idea... I dont think it will happen here .. I think the UN will be kicked out of the country before that happens... but I dont want to argue about it since no one can fortell the future.. I just hope you are wrong on this one... but believe I will keep a wary eye open just to make sure it doesnt sneak up on me

Your right you havent seen them. But those blue helmets are here. Matter of fact, My mother living in North Carolina was told by a sargent they are training UN troops in the USA. The USA is to intertwined in the UN to kick them out. While I wish this wasnt the case, thats how it is. There is too many people in this country that see the UN as a good thing. French UN troops do exist. As do many other oversea countries

So what. When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton we had Russian troops, argentine troops and Columbian troosp train with us. SO they must of been here to take over as well.

We trained with Korean and Japaneese troops all the time. Top Gun and the AF's version ( 1st one ) always have foreign nationals training there. This is not a fluke or conspiracy just whet the military does

mkls0
10-14-2004, 01:17 PM

So what. When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton we had Russian troops, argentine troops and Columbian troosp train with us. SO they must of been here to take over as well.

We trained with Korean and Japaneese troops all the time. Top Gun and the AF's version ( 1st one ) always have foreign nationals training there. This is not a fluke or conspiracy just whet the military does

The Army is training XRussian here in Michigan and all over the USA like Mark was saying SO what..

Slatherd
10-14-2004, 03:12 PM
So what? These are the forces that will be used when the UN takes over.

But who cares right? They won't take away our guns here like thay did in Australia and the UK. It can't happen here. :roll:

taurus92
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM

But who cares right? They won't take away our guns here like thay did in Australia and the UK. It can't happen here. :roll:

Yea a few hundred troops will take over a country of 300 million. Get a grip.

Slatherd
10-15-2004, 12:53 AM
ok taurus. I'll nominate you for first in line when the gun confiscations come.

But, why worry. It'll never come.

taurus92
10-15-2004, 06:20 AM
ok taurus. I'll nominate you for first in line when the gun confiscations come.

But, why worry. It'll never come.

Fine then I will fire the 1st shot. But it will never come. Too many armed Americans will prevent it.

Damn consiracy theory nut case. How do you live fearing everything around you all day long?

Kimber45
10-15-2004, 07:50 AM

Once again we're mixing two separate and unconnected events. The fact that foreign troops train in the United States has nothing to do with the confiscatory gun laws in England and Austrailia. Their own elected governments did that to them.

Scoop
10-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Damn consiracy theory nut case. How do you live fearing everything around you all day long?
His favorite Twilight Zone episode was "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" ... :)

Slatherd
10-15-2004, 10:05 AM
nut case

I would have thought someone that sees all the anti-gun legislation out there would also see that the establishment doesnt like you. Matter of fact, as gun owners the establishment likes none of us. But I guess you can buy into one conspiracy theory but not another. You type likes to pick and choose.

I don't know what your problem is. But you're a jerk.

G22
10-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Once again we're mixing two separate and unconnected events. The fact that foreign troops train in the United States has nothing to do with the confiscatory gun laws in England and Austrailia. Their own elected governments did that to them.

Good point John.

I would also like to add that this thread has been throughly hijacked. What does Double Action's CCW policy have to do with the UN? :roll:

M1911A1
10-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I, for one, am glad that Double Action reversed their policy. Granted it is a bit late but better late than never, I guess. I am almost certain it was economic in nature as the purpose of business is to make money. They sell a legal product and have the legal right to set policy in their store. We, by the same token, have every legal right to spend our money where and when we wish. Double action does carry some items items that are hard to get elsewhere but apparently that was not enough to keep the customers that disliked their policies. I would never force anyone to spend money where they are not comfortable (I'm not with congress :lol: ) Engaging in friendly persuasion with others who seek to spend their money on the legal products and services available at Double action isn't force and, without doubt, those who choose to not buy those things there have every right to spend elsewhere. For me, it will make my getting certain products and services a bit easier.

sprink
10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
I stopped by there today. Their new sign is huge and reposted on the top of each isle. Glad they changed, but boy, someone is really paranoid there.

An idiot that doesn't know what's right already can't possibly understand the signs anyway.

No one there addressed me (they are still rude), so I never had the opportunity to thank them for changing their policy.

Rolex Dr.
10-15-2004, 10:53 PM
as a friend of the owners and workers at DA we have spoken at length regarding this situtation

I understand everyones problem with it I do

i also see their side

98% of CPL holders are responsible, but the other 2% are MORONS

how would you like to be behind the counter working with a customer and have some yahoo reachs under his shirt and draw a gun :(

dude i may be forced to draw on him myself, :wink:

now granted he maybe just pulling the gun to show someone how he carries, to check to see if it will if a holster he is looking at or Hell he may try to hold the place up--who knows

plus what if it is a hold up bad guy pulls his gun and you the good customer pulls draws in another isle un sen by bad guy but good guy worker doesnt know you are good and drops you by accident because he thinks you and badguy are a team :cry:

now granted this can and probably has / will happen at (insert favorite shopping place here)

but why take any other risks

now I have carried concealed in DA for years but i never once went to my gun for any reason and if i went to shoot there i always has my range bag with ammo and stuff and if i wanted to shoot my carry weapon i would wait until i was in a booth to drayw and prepare to fire

they get edgy when a guy comes in to try a holster and pulls a loaded piece from his waist and starts jamming it in hoplsters at will

or how about the yahoo that come in to shoot wiht no range bag or anything approaches the counter , when asked what are you shooting (cuz they ask so they can put you on the right range) the jerk draws a gun

c'mon guys see both sides too

i was pissed when i found out i could not carry there hell i quit shooting there and spending my $$$$ but once i got the story i understood

i may not have liked it but i understood why

Jamie

DA shooter and patron

PS ever have a gun pointed at you by an a**hole who did not knw any better I have it sux

Dave Edwards
10-16-2004, 07:35 PM
They reversed their 'policy' after all these years?

Oh, boy.

Next thing you know, they might even let people rapid fire! Heaven forbid!

We might even be able to practice how we might have to perform under stress for self defense!

Wonders never cease.

It's a baby step. We'll see if they take a larger one. Right now, I'm not impressed.

Rolex Dr.
10-17-2004, 09:26 AM
again im agree with most everyone has written here

hopefully things will change

JD

Slatherd
10-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Rolex Dr.

Those are all valid points in your post.

That policy only effected the 98% you spoke of. The other 2% are gonna do what they want either way. regardless of policy or not. They just aren't the type to look for signs.

or how about the yahoo that come in to shoot wiht no range bag or anything approaches the counter,

That's how I shoot when I goto outdoor world. I'm a yahoo? They have no problem with people that shoot that way. I go in but a box of UMC go up to the range and fire away.

Kouger
10-18-2004, 12:04 AM
I agre.there has been more than one time i have had some time on my hands nad eneded up walking in.hitting a lane and going for it......i have yet to have a problem with any range.having me shoot my carry

Rolex Dr.
10-18-2004, 06:46 PM
i agree

I have walked in to a range carrying and when asked what are you shooting i let them know i have it on my hip and they have no problems

but its the dumb***** that proceeds to pull it to show them and waves it all around

i have no problems with open or conc. carry but there will always be a person too stupid to know right from wrong.
I personally do not want to be there when Al (or other worker) drops a guy who willl not keep his loaded carry gun in the holster like it belongs

If I offended anyone sorry but sometimes you may break a few eggs.

JD

PS ever have a gun pointed at you (by accident) by some dumb***** who was too stupid to have proper safety training

I DID AND ITS NOOOOOOOOO FUN

Kurgan
10-18-2004, 09:03 PM
My biggest gripe was DA's hypocrisy.

For years they've been more than happy to accept everyone's $$$ for CCW classes, they just didn't want anyone utilizing their new legal rights within their walls.

Other reasons I don't care for DA have already been mentioned by others and there's no sense in flogging a dead horse.

Kouger
10-18-2004, 10:35 PM
PS ever have a gun pointed at you (by accident) by some dumb***** who was too stupid to have proper safety training

yes.as a matter of fact I have.been swept a couple of times.......not fun and they heard about it as well.

dont know if it was bad training on one of them............ but i know for a fact....the other was trained very well.was just made a big time error in gun handling ( i know who instructed him)

in our own perfect little world.this wouldnt happen.but....its the real world we have to deal with

Rolex Dr.
10-18-2004, 10:57 PM
i know everyone can and has made mistakes it happens we are human, but when firearms are involved the safety of others is 110% most important.

you can never be to careful, one a trigger is pressed that bullet can't be stopped (damn there are no do overs in the shooting sports--if so i maybe able to finally shoot my 100 straight on the sporting clays course)

anyway we are beating a dead horse, discussing the same point

I am happy DA has changed their ways and I think it is a great step in the right direction

Jamie

taurus92
10-19-2004, 06:03 AM
i agree

I have walked in to a range carrying and when asked what are you shooting i let them know i have it on my hip and they have no problems

but its the dumb***** that proceeds to pull it to show them and waves it all around

i have no problems with open or conc. carry but there will always be a person too stupid to know right from wrong.
I personally do not want to be there when Al (or other worker) drops a guy who willl not keep his loaded carry gun in the holster like it belongs

If I offended anyone sorry but sometimes you may break a few eggs.

JD

I DID AND ITS NOOOOOOOOO FUN

Your argument is what the antis use to prevent ALL of us from carrying. PUnish all of us for the actions of the few.

Kimber45
10-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Rolex Dr. a couple of points. Double Action has been allowing the actions of, in your words, 2% of their customers to dictate how they treat the other 98%. Now, I agree that there can be no error when it comes to gun safety but it seems to me that instead of telling 98% of their customers they aren't welcome DA could take the opportunity to educate that 2% on safe gun handling. Win-win!

I guess, too, that I like Northwest Guns sign best. CCW welcome but if we see your gun we'll assume it's a robbery.

RSF
10-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Ackkkkk i need my tinfoil hat! damm were are my link to the nwo, and all those black chopter sight! :lol:

Rolex Dr.
10-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Kimber45

I agree the stupid people have a habit of making everyone suffer, and i as a business owner that deals with the public everyday, we have had to make consessions to protect all our customers due to the fact a few are not always as they way they should be. I have had to install may plicies due to the nature of the uneducated public (this is regarding lots of things not only guns and safety) Now my business is retail jewelry, and we do not have a NO CCW sign. I do carry everyday. and i use the same policy as Northwest Guns. CCW welcome but if we see your gun we'll assume it's a robbery.

Now granted i will not put that in writing on the wall because that will send most jewelry customers away

You will never please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we have to do the best we can with the customer he have and the customer we are trying to keep or gain.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Opinions they are like *****holes everyones got one and not everyones is the same.

If a person chooses to not support DA thats there choice, but please form a opinion based on soem thought not on he said she said

JAmie

bluethunder
10-20-2004, 08:24 AM
You will never please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we have to do the best we can with the customer he have and the customer we are trying to keep or gain.

If a person chooses to not support DA thats there choice, but please form a opinion based on soem thought not on he said she said

JAmie

Right, Rolex Dr. So why did DA drive away the "98% of the people" who did things the right way, to please themselves or the other 2%? IMHO, it made no sense then, and their reversal now I believe to be purely for monetary reasons. If it were so they could "do the right thing" it would of happened long ago. Seems to be " throwing out the baby with the bath water", for lack of a better euphinism. But that's just my ass......, er I mean opinion. :D And I agree with the wording on Northwests sign, and your rules about concealed carry.

karcent
10-20-2004, 09:40 AM
They used to claim that is was an insurance issue.
Did they change insurance companies or did there insurer change their policy?