PDA

View Full Version : The Drag And Draw Gun Vault

Godfather JAM
09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.myquicksafe.com/

Was concidering this but the price is a bit up there. Anyone have it ?

ColonelKurtz
09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I might have been able to take this guy seriously is it wasn't so obviously a do-it-yourself video production. IMO this looks like alot of other similar products that are out there, this just may be shallower and "biometric" while the others (that I've seen, of the same size) have keys. And this one is more $$ so what's the real advantage?

x98myers7
09-11-2010, 05:37 PM
because the unit requires two hands to open once unlocked, i would not consider it at that price. for traveling purposes, a $30 manual locking box works perfectly. they need to make the product as easy to open as possible in a hurry and focus marketing on people who use pistols for home defense and have kids. i bet most people who CC have their pistol on them.

the top needs to be spring assisted, or have a handle integrated into the top so you can scan and lift with weak hand, then retrieve pistol with the other.

really slick concept. i like it, but seems like they missed out on making it a great product.

gltucker
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I was turned off by the site, no offense. It looks like a biometric lock. I have one of those on my work lab-top. Safe to say I enter my password everyday to log in. I would not by this type of safe without borrowing someone elses lock box. It's pretty hard to keep working at 8 in the morning.

Sxynerd
09-12-2010, 02:30 PM

jmanz6
10-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Interesting idea. Would be easy enough to modify with a spring assist on the lid, but the price is pretty high for what it is.

45 acp
10-26-2010, 10:21 AM
http://www.myquicksafe.com/images/childwithgun.jpg
MY PRECIOUS!!
Nothing wrong here. Finger is off the trigger, muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Someone taught her well at such a young age.

oldskoolford427
10-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I used to have a time clock that had the same (similar)type of system and it was not always 100%, dirty fingers, dry skin, cuts, dirty sensor, would give me a hard time. I am just saying, I would want something that I was certain that it would open when I wanted it to every time under stress. IHMO

larryjones715
06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
For shotgun's their is a product called the Shotlock. You can google it. It is fantastic as it allows me to mount my shotgun on the wall next to my bed. I know, I know...... you are thinking that the last thing that the wife would allow mounted on the wall of her bedroom is a shotgun. But I have designed a way around this and covered it with a picture in a frame. Instant access, total secrecy, and as safe as a gun safe, as without the floor space of a gun safe and the fact that it is entirely secret. You could put one of these on the wall next to your main entry door and your friends and family would have no idea that you have a 7+1 pump 12 gauge hanging on the wall next to your door. Awesome.