PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870...model, value?

Langford
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm looking at this shotgun right now, but I want to know what model it is and the approx value of it before I commit to buy.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/imagehosting/54954c5f8821d48b6.jpg

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/imagehosting/54954c5f884e5da0b.jpg

I assumed it was a wingmaster, but the guy said it doesn't say that on it anywhere...just Remington 870 12 gauge. It does have a gold trigger and blued finish with some etching on it, so obviously it isn't an express model...and the stock looks good from the pictures. Anybody have any idea what this is, or what it may be worth? The owner took it in on trade, and doesn't want it and doesn't seem to know much about it, but he did say it still looks new. I turned my old 870 express into a HD shotty, so I wouldn't mind picking this one up for a hunting gun.

Thanks for any help,

Kyle

Langford
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Nobody?

The only 870 that I can find that looks like this is the 50th Anniversary edition 870 Wingmaster Deluxe, and if that's the case...I did very well with my purchase :biggrin:.

I ended up making the drive and picking it up last night, and when the seller said "like new", he wasn't kidding...there are a few very small marks on the stock, but it is in VERY good shape overall. The inside of the receiver really does look new still. I would still like to know exactly what year/model it is...but either way, I'm happy with it.

JohnJak
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.remington.com/product-families/firearms-history/shotgun/pump-action-shotguns.aspx

dramey82
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
$300.00 - $350.00

ajmorell
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
That is a wingmaster engraved model. They sell at Gander for about $800 new. I tried to buy that gun from the guy on GL4x4 but he was non-committal as far as setting up a time and place and then sold it out from under me, despite the fact that I was the first one to tell him I wanted it.

Langford
09-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't know what was said between you two in private, but there were no committed buyers on that post for everybody else to see...I made an offer, and went and picked it up that same night. I didn't try to steal it out from anybody else, just saw a good deal and went for it.

The gun is in better shape than I expected, a few light marks on the stock but overall probably 95% new condition...

ajmorell
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't know what was said between you two in private, but there were no committed buyers on that post for everybody else to see...I made an offer, and went and picked it up that same night. I didn't try to steal it out from anybody else, just saw a good deal and went for it.

The gun is in better shape than I expected, a few light marks on the stock but overall probably 95% new condition...

No worries, there's no hard feelings between us, I just feel I got a little screwed by the guy since I told him on the 1st of September that I wanted it, he just wouldn't commit to a time and place. You got a great deal on a gun that is probably worth $400-$500, congrats. :cheers: