PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Co renewal: A+ for helpful Clerks

jmoser
10-25-2004, 12:24 PM
My CPL expires 2/26/05, allowed 4 months to be on the safe side.

Turns out my local PD gave me the obsolete form package, Oakland Co clerk was very helpful, had the new paperwork and let me fill it out right there without going to end of the line.

Then it turns out that the photo size changed so the pix I had per the 'old' instructions were no good. No problem, they took a digital photo of me right there (extra $10 but well worth my time.)

They also made a point that they would call the White Lake PD and warn them about the new/old forms.

Took my credit card and sent me across to the sheriff, quick no-ink fingerprinting and off I went.

Was told '8 - 10 weeks' is the current average.

BTW - this was Friday afternoon around 2 PM, might be a good time as the lines were pretty short in both buildings.

If you are renewing make sure your form has the place where you certify that you have taken the refresher training - that is the only obvious difference between the new and old forms. You could lay them side by side and not see the difference right away. A couple of the Yes/No questions are different too, also the photo size.

Divegeek
10-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Sounds like they treated you pretty well. I got treated almost as well in Monroe for my renewal in June/July.

joen
11-30-2004, 07:46 AM
I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism of the Oakland clerks when I renewed last spring.

I came in expecting a 'Wayne County attitude' and didn't know how to act when the clerks confronted me with smiles and helpful attitudes. I appreciated their courtesy and told them so.