PDA

View Full Version : The Gun Debate Results

Brian
11-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Voting Results

Should the United States Senate support the proposed United Nations treaty that bans ownership of guns?

No 68%
Yes 32%

Who do you think won this television debate?

Wayne LaPierre 68%
Rebecca Peters 32%

BigDaddy40
11-01-2004, 05:27 PM
lapierre lost. an inalienable constitutional right isn't open to debate. peters nor the un has any jurisdiction or authority to affect us one way or the other.

lapierre's going there and participating sent the opposite message

it's amazing how many times we shoot ourselves in the foot

Brian
11-01-2004, 06:39 PM
You're right BigDaddy, I didn't watch it for the score I watched to see what the other side was up to. Wayne should have looked her in the eye and said "Do you actually think very many Americans will stand in line to turn in their guns."

We'll see what happens when Kerry gets into the white house and starts signing treaties.

BigDaddy40
11-02-2004, 01:27 PM
kerry can sign any treaty he wants, they don't supercede the constitution. it remains to be seen if the american people will roll over or demand they follow the constitution.

we haven't yet demanded it.

as far as the nra goes, they did endorse bush who was in favor of the awb, supports all gun laws currently on the books and hasn't demanded the tsa arm the pilots. the tsa chief works at the president's pleasure and if bush wanted the pilots armed, they would be. it amazes me that the nra still endorsed him.

if lapierre would have told mizz peters that she's a moron with no authority in the u.s. along with her pals in the un, i would've been impressed. i see him going there and debating her as another sign of "go along, get along, don't give the anti's more fuel" crap so prevalant in the gun movement.

as long as we the people put up with this nitwittery, we only have ourselves to blame

Brian
11-02-2004, 06:49 PM
BigDaddy wrote
as long as we the people put up with this nitwittery, we only have ourselves to blame

No Dave, we have the majority to blame. There just isn't enough of us out there to make a big difference right now and I'm afraid there wont be. The majority isn't waiking up fast enough.

We got away from the original intent of the constitution nearly a century ago so it just doesn't meen what it once did and the powers that be will not follow it because they think they don't have too. Kerry and his cronies will sign the treaties and try to enforce them I just hope the American people see it for what it is.