PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Duels at WCSC

Shyster
09-17-2010, 10:18 PM
I just got back from shooting the Friday Night Duels at Wayne County Sportsmen's Club. Had a GREAT time and a really great bunch of people too. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for something more exciting than punching paper or shooting pins.

Will-IB-Ready
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I just got back from shooting the Friday Night Duels at Wayne County Sportsmen's Club. Had a GREAT time and a really great bunch of people too. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for something more exciting than punching paper or shooting pins.
I'm not familiar with it. How does it work?

Billetproof
09-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Head to head steel plate matches with a 2 loss format shooting 22lr pistols. Alot of fun!!

Shyster
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
There is a bank of 4"x4" steel plates all in a row with maybe 1/4" separating each plate. The plates alternate red/white/red/white and there are are 13 of each color.

Each shooter has a .22 pistol, unloaded on the table with two magazines. If you are shooting iron sights you get 6 rounds in each magazine but only 5 rounds if you are using a red dot. You also have loose ammo on the table at your station.

Two shooters line up at their station side-by-side about 10 yards away in the surrender position. The RSO calls ready and tells you what color you are to shoot just before the command to open fire. You then grab your pistol, load and shoot at your color plates. Drop your mag, reload and keep going.

After you empty your two magazines it gets REALLY interesting. There will always be at least 1 target still standing (unless you are lucky and your opponent shoots yours by accident). Now you can load as many rounds in your magazine as you wish. The guy next to you is doing the same.

The first to knock down all of their plates is the winner. If you take the time to reload your magazine fully then you are risking that your opponent will complete his reload and finish his targets first. If you have 3 targets standing and only load three shots and miss then you have to reload again-more than likely you are DONE.

This game is addicting and it really gets your adrenaline pumping.

dougwg
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
There is a bank of 4"x4" steel plates all in a row with maybe 1/4" separating each plate. The plates alternate red/white/red/white and there are are 13 of each color.

Each shooter has a .22 pistol, unloaded on the table with two magazines. If you are shooting iron sights you get 6 rounds in each magazine but only 5 rounds if you are using a red dot. You also have loose ammo on the table at your station.

Two shooters line up at their station side-by-side about 10 yards away in the surrender position. The RSO calls ready and tells you what color you are to shoot just before the command to open fire. You then grab your pistol, load and shoot at your color plates. Drop your mag, reload and keep going.

After you empty your two magazines it gets REALLY interesting. There will always be at least 1 target still standing (unless you are lucky and your opponent shoots yours by accident). Now you can load as many rounds in your magazine as you wish. The guy next to you is doing the same.

The first to knock down all of their plates is the winner. If you take the time to reload your magazine fully then you are risking that your opponent will complete his reload and finish his targets first. If you have 3 targets standing and only load three shots and miss then you have to reload again-more than likely you are DONE.

This game is addicting and it really gets your adrenaline pumping.
need to do this...

Batman
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I've heard of a similar game where you shoot hi-power pistols in-doors but instead of shooting at plates you shoot at different colored balloons. Same format as stated except if you break a color balloon that you were not supposed to shoot you get additional time added. Fun in the Winter, in-doors.:badass:

Shyster
09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
need to do this...
I probably won't go this Friday but I am going to go next Friday. Come on out!

whitehope77
09-21-2010, 10:53 AM
hey shyster let me know when ur going for sure would luv to give it a try might even shoot a round of trap

tjudge
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
here is my web site to promote the friday night shoot http://fridaynightduels.sports.officelive.com if anyone has any question feel free to send me a message or email thanks

David in MI
09-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Looks like a lot of fun!

mikeb32
09-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Are spectators welcome?

Shyster
10-05-2010, 05:57 AM
I am pretty sure they would welcome spectators with welcome arms. Great bunch of people.

HoldHard
10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
If anyone has any question feel free to send me a message or email thanks
Question e-mailed to your wowway account.

HH

johnzilla
10-22-2010, 08:59 AM
need to do this...

Agreed, sounds like a blast!

Shyster
10-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I was really torn--go to this or go to the Fun Shoot at Top Gun. Decided to do TG this week.

As an aside I joined WCSC after the last shoot. I went over and shot 100 rounds of 9mm on the pistol range Wednesday afternoon. This was the first time I have ever recovered ALL of my brass when shooting a semiauto. LOVE the indoor range!

GMAN12
10-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Is this open to the public? How much to shoot? I may try to make it this week.

HoldHard
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Is this open to the public?
Yes

How much to shoot?
$5 for the entry fee and $1 for cleanup which you can earn back if you help out with the range cleanup after the match is complete. Half of the $5 goes to the club and the other half goes to the winner. We had 16 competitors last week and that totaled $80. $40 went to WCSC and $40 went to the winner.

I may try to make it this week.
Excellent... may drive down again this week, depends on what's going on...

HH

GMAN12
10-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I was at the range this morn. with my .22 & shot some 6" targets @ 10 yards to see if I could hit them, did pretty good, but combine that with pressure, and reloading, and it being my first time, I will be glad to get 6 out of 13. Sounds like fun.

dirtyharry
11-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Will they be having the duels this Friday (11/26)?

GMAN12
11-24-2010, 04:34 PM
I just called them to make sure and they said yes.