PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get used to glock triggers!

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Any advice? I just cannot get used to the trigger pull, I don't know why, It seems so rough!

hopeitsfast
09-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Their terrible, now sell it cheap to me.

Fuel Fire Desire
09-18-2010, 12:53 PM
What are you comparing them to? 1911's?

Go shoot a Sigma, then tell me how bad glock triggers are. :brow:

MY629SW
09-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Ya know what you mean I'll give you $200 and take it off your hands and you won't worry about them again :-D

Will-IB-Ready
09-18-2010, 01:08 PM
We kid Tyler, but in all reality, they aren't great out of the box.
Don't give up, just keep shooting it. Once you put a few thousand rounds through it, she'll smooth right out. The stock trigger in my 19 feels like it has the 3.5lb disconnector in it. Of course it's had about 11,000 rounds through it...

OX SMASH!!
09-18-2010, 01:09 PM
i dont care for the trigger either, not because of the pull, but the plastic feel, ive seen aftermarket triggers made from aluminum, a direct replacement, uses stock spring i believe, i will probably get one in the future

cumminatcha
09-18-2010, 01:09 PM
It's all what you get used to. I didn't like the trigger on my G22 when I first got it. It wasn't like the trigger on my Beretta so it must have been wrong, right? Not so much. Now that I've put four to five hundred rounds through it, I'm thinking I like the way it feels.

crowens
09-18-2010, 01:18 PM
get an XD

007bondjamesbond007
09-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Sell it and get a 1911. My shooting buddy is a Glock nut. I am a 1911 snob. we go to the range and bring newbies to get them familiar with firearms. He lets them shoot his Glock and I let them shoot my Kimber Gold Match. They all prefer the Kimber. Don't tell him I think Glocks are great defensive piece. I have shot a very nice IPDA Custom Glock a guy had at my range that had a sweet trigger and very accurate.

007bondjamesbond007
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
What are you comparing them to? 1911's?

Go shoot a Sigma, then tell me how bad glock triggers are. :brow:

The Sigma is not bad after you do a trigger job on it. I shot one after S & W worked it over.

hopeitsfast
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
We kid Tyler, but in all reality, they aren't great out of the box.
Don't give up, just keep shooting it. Once you put a few thousand rounds through it, she'll smooth right out. The stock trigger in my 19 feels like it has the 3.5lb disconnector in it. Of course it's had about 11,000 rounds through it...
For sure. My 19 only has 4-5K through it, but it has definitely gotten smoother over time. Plus the reset is great.

OX SMASH!!
09-18-2010, 01:26 PM
really? your comparing a 400 dollar gun to a 1000+ dollar gun and are suprised the trigger feels better?

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
i have never shot a 1911. It isn't the weight of the trigger, just the feel of it if that makes sense. The only other handguns I own are a ruger p89 and a taurus model 85, and believe it or not, I like those better! weird.

Glocker326
09-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I have A glock grave yard in my safe I will put it to rest for you

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Still love the gun! I promise! but my accuracy isn't the best with it to say the least. It just isn't "smooth".

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 01:54 PM
ohh, and I have no idea how many rounds are through it because it was a dpd trade in 27.

hopeitsfast
09-18-2010, 01:55 PM
ohh, and I have no idea how many rounds are through it because it was a dpd trade in 27.
Probably not many.

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 01:57 PM
well i guess it is time to go nuts and buy a ton of ammo instead of another gun and shoot some stuff! haha jk.

But really. I think i will go on a couple dedicated range trips for just this gun and break it in!

mikeb32
09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
How hard are these trigger jobs you speak of? Can you do them yourself or do you have to take to a gunsmith?

shurhouse
09-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Sell it and get a 1911. My shooting buddy is a Glock nut. I am a 1911 snob. we go to the range and bring newbies to get them familiar with firearms. He lets them shoot his Glock and I let them shoot my Kimber Gold Match. They all prefer the Kimber. Don't tell him I think Glocks are great defensive piece. I have shot a very nice IPDA Custom Glock a guy had at my range that had a sweet trigger and very accurate.

At $1400.00 vs $550.00 I would hope so.

Fuel Fire Desire
09-18-2010, 04:24 PM
well i guess it is time to go nuts and buy a ton of ammo instead of another gun and shoot some stuff! haha jk.

But really. I think i will go on a couple dedicated range trips for just this gun and break it in!

It took ~500 rounds for my M&P to really break in and get smooth. My first few trips out I had some real buyers remorse. The trigger was gritty, sticky, and the slide release was unusable with one finger. Now everything is silky smooth, and I love it.

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 04:28 PM
even if I have just the frame in hand, not even with the slide and I pull the trigger, it gets about halfway back, then clicks and moves the rest of the way, if that makes sense. Is that normal? or should it pull back smoothly? That is just the frame.

Fuel Fire Desire
09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
even if I have just the frame in hand, not even with the slide and I pull the trigger, it gets about halfway back, then clicks and moves the rest of the way, if that makes sense. Is that normal? or should it pull back smoothly? That is just the frame.

Is the trigger safety catching the frame? Ive handled a few NIB glocks that did that, but that was just due to sharp edges on the moldings. After a few hundred rounds that should go away (if thats what it is).

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't think so, although I haven't even thought of that. I will check when I get back home. If not, could you think of anything else?

Will-IB-Ready
09-18-2010, 05:00 PM
What you're describing sounds right to me. You take up the slack, and then the trigger "breaks" to the rear, the gun fires and cycles. Then you slowly let out the trigger until you hear/feel it click. (That's the reset.) You squeeze and feel it "break" again.

That's typical of most semi-autos, but the Glocks seem to have a more pronounced "break" than some others.

You'll get used to it.

cmike
09-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Glock 34 has an easy trigger pull.

Shyster
09-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Glocks suck and a crappy trigger is just one symptom of it.

cmike
09-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Glocks suck and a crappy trigger is just one symptom of it.

Yo momma wears combat boots.:tsk:

cmike
09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Glocks don't need to be broken in.

Fuel Fire Desire
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM

Or cleaned. :hick:

TylerPearce
09-18-2010, 06:02 PM
What you're describing sounds right to me. You take up the slack, and then the trigger "breaks" to the rear, the gun fires and cycles. Then you slowly let out the trigger until you hear/feel it click. (That's the reset.) You squeeze and feel it "break" again.

That's typical of most semi-autos, but the Glocks seem to have a more pronounced "break" than some others.

You'll get used to it.

Im saying when it is just the frame!

Will-IB-Ready
09-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Im saying when it is just the frame!
I know. I'm telling you it's normal. It's just more pronounced with the bare frame. If you press down on the trigger bar, you will be able to reset the trigger and it will be a lot smoother when you are just holding the frame.

This is kind of difficult to describe i guess, but there's nothing wrong with your glock...

Glocker326
09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
just give it to me for a week I will fix it. just kidding, just take it out and shoot the hll out of it and it will fix it's self.

intheburbs
09-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Glock 34 has an easy trigger pull.

The 34 (and 35) comes from the factory with a better trigger - it's designed to be a competition gun. It's noticeably better than other Glocks.

Start with this - the Glock $.25 trigger job (http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/)

That should help smooth things up a bit. I've done it to all my Glocks. All you need is some cotton swabs and polishing compound. Plus, you'll learn about your Glock and see how simple it is to fully disassemble.

If you still don't like it, a lot of companies make drop-in triggers for Glocks in the $100-$200 range. I have the Glockworx tactical trigger in my G20 - crisper break and less slack in takeup.

If you don't want to spend any money on parts, spend the $100-$200 on ammo and shoot the crap out of it and get used to the trigger.

cmike
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
As was said just press back to take up the slack before you actually pull the trigger.

Shyster
09-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Nope, just broken up for scrap!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I crack myself up sometimes...

russianblood
09-19-2010, 12:08 PM
If it was a Detroit Police Glock, then it probably has the NY1 trigger spring in it along with the standard connector bar. Add the fact that the G27s were probably not fired as often as the standard service G22s were, will all make for a rather stiff trigger pull.

In my G38, I have a NY1 trigger spring and a Glock OEM "-" connector and it makes for a much nicer trigger pull than a standard spring/connector combo or the NY1 with standard connector. My DPD G22 has the NY1 and standard connector but it's fairly smooth as I'm sure it's been fired thousands of times before I bought it.

whitehawk
09-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Glock trigger sucks??? Its a "two stage" trigger pull. When you're aiming, pull the trigger to the first point (you just bypassed the safeties), now 5.5 lbs of trigger pull later, the gun discharges. Practice this dry firing your glock, you'll have an "ah ha" moment.

Tom Fineis
09-24-2010, 05:13 PM

This shouldn't be used as any judgement for the quality (or lack thereof) of the Glock. The trigger pull with the slide removed is catching on the trigger safety then slamming itself to the rear. Inspect the moving parts a bit while doing this, if you're mechanically inclined at all, you'll see what's going on.

It's like saying my brakes are stiff when the car is off, because the fluid pressure has built up. Doesn't mean the brakes are bad.

TylerPearce
09-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I am pretty mechanically inclined when it comes to motors/vehicles, but my knowledge of the inner workings of individual guns is lacking. After a field strip of most guns, I am lost. I am here to learn from you guys, but pistols are a whole new ballpark for me. I usually an not too sensitive about triggers, and actually loved the feel of the trigger on my SAR-1 minus trigger slap, but I just don't like this one so far. I only have about 200 down the tube so far though, so maybe it gets better.