PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for AR15

ken loftus
11-08-2004, 06:23 AM
I have a post ban AR15 from Bushmaster. Now that the illogical AWB has been allowed to sunset, I am “accessorizing” to get the most out of my AR.

Does anyone know whom I can ask to tap the muzzle end of my barrel to add a muzzle brake/flash hider? I tried one of the aftermarket muzzle brakes that are attached with four set screws, that brake never did stay put. What a POS :x .

What other accessories are recommended for an AR that will be used primarily for self defense? I would like to attach a stream light, but I have read that the battery life is only about an hour.

Thanks for the input.

enfield
11-08-2004, 07:27 AM
That's sufficient battery life for the intended use, unless you're going to use the light to read books.

Slatherd
11-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Battery life is only an hour if you leave it on countinous. If its on and off the life tripples.

I agree with enfield here. If your using it as a night light then yes.. get another light. But if you need a few seconds of light to blind someone you cant get a better light.

Scoop
11-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know whom I can ask to tap the muzzle end of my barrel to add a muzzle brake/flash hider?
www.adcofirearms.com

Just a couple miles south of the Michigan/Ohio border off of US-23 (Sylvania, OH).

Great guys. Great service. Tell 'em Scoop sent ya ... :)