PDA

View Full Version : WaCo CCW... WTF?!?!

goldwing2000
11-16-2004, 10:26 AM
I just spoke with WaCo Road Patrol on Henry Ruff and they said that their whole CCW department has been axed and that they are no longer doing prints!!

WTF?? So how are we supposed to apply for our permits and renewals??

The only advice that he had was to call the county commissioner and ask them what we're supposed to do!

This is getting out of hand!!! :x :hot: :poed: :cuss:

goldwing2000
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Update:

After talking to the Sheriff, the Commissioner's office, the Commissioner's personnel office and two different people in the clerk's office, I was told that any local PD can do your prints, not just the one for the city you live in.
I was advised to get mine done at the Dearborn PD but I have yet to call them to verify that this is an option.

And, of course, WaCo Sheriff will still get their $15 whether they print you or not.

What a bunch of :bs: !!!!

edit: Just found this on Dearborn PD's web site (http://www.cityofdearborn.org/police/records_license.shtml):
Fingerprinting
Tuesday and Thursday (by appointment) 8 a.m.-noon.
Revised fees for fingerprinting $20 residents $30 non-residents, including Dearborn teachers.
CCW Permits $15.00 for Fingerprinting, residents only.
Verified by telephone.

Kouger
11-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I dont know of any city thats printing non residents

Kimber45
11-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Livonia only prints residents. This might be interesting since the WACO sheriff also does Detroit. And, if it was their entire CCW group who is doing background checks?

Kouger
11-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I Just got off the phone with CPL. KOCHAN of the Wayne County Sheriff, Road Patrol Division on Henry Ruff

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are still doing finger prints but down to one tech and the apppointments are into FEB of 05

call was made at 16:12:00 Hours

goldwing2000
11-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Ok, now it's a serious WTF. When I called, they said that they aren't taking any new appointments and that they're only finishing up the appointments that have already been made.

Somebody needs to get their **** together!!

goldwing2000
11-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Good grief.

Well, I called WaCo back and they said they are still doing them but the wait is huge.

HOWEVER... I also called Dearborn Heights PD and they said that they are doing them, as well, for $15.

*sigh*

PhotoTom
11-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Ok, now it's a serious WTF. When I called, they said that they aren't taking any new appointments and that they're only finishing up the appointments that have already been made.

Somebody needs to get their ***** together!!

There have been some serious cutbacks/reassignments in the department as of last week (mainly effective last Monday). There is a lot of frustration, concern and confusion as a result.

When the economy goes south, population continues to grow, crime increases (due, in part, to bad economy) and tax dollars diminish due to lost jobs and/or pay cuts...the result is BAD for public safety departments.

So, for clarity....are you saying that DHts. IS doing non-resident CCW fingerprinting??

:?:

goldwing2000
11-17-2004, 10:39 AM
No, I'm a Dearborn Heights resident so I didn't ask about non-resident prints.

If you want to call and ask, the number is 313-277-7474.

Kouger
11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Dearborn Heights is only doing residents prints.talked to them twice on this matter already. trying to talk them into non residents as an income source 15 bucks a shot ya know.

NO GO.........sorry to say

Dave D
11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
A year and a half ago, I was looking for someone to do my prints, as my city Police Dept. refused to do them for CPL purposes. In the many phone calls I made, I found that the very few municipalities that would even consent to do prints for a CPL, would only do so for their own residents. I found one city in eastern Wayne County that would do my prints for me... Grosse Pointe Farms. I did find two cities in Macomb County that would do them for me, and one officer even told me that they would not charge me. They were Mt. Clemens, and East Pointe. The officer I spoke to at East Pointe, did advise me however, that when my prints got to the gun board, they might be rejected because of the fact that I went outside of Wayne County to get them. I hadn't thought of that point, and had to agree with him that is probably what they would do. I thanked him, and went ahead and made my appointment with Grosse Pointe Farms, which at that time was a 30 day wait. They were only doing prints once a month... still better than the 4 month wait that the WaCo Sheriff's Dept. was telling me. I'll be selling before I have to renew in 4 more years, and I will most definately be out of Wayne County. It'll be Macomb or Oakland for me.

ultrarider
11-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Good grief.

Well, I called WaCo back and they said they are still doing them but the wait is huge.

HOWEVER... I also called Dearborn Heights PD and they said that they are doing them, as well, for $15.

*sigh*

That figures! The last time I spoke with the firearms officer, (which is also a nearby neighbor) he said they were no longer printing. I explained to him that they needed to continue printing, if for nothing more than bringing money to the city. Besides, they do have a new PD/city hall to pay for right? Anyway, I was forced to go to WaCo back in Aug. and I'm still waiting for them to process my prints.

Oh well, at least it's good to know that Dea. Hts. is printing again.