PDA

View Full Version : Mag-Na-Port testimonials, please.

joen
11-30-2004, 07:32 AM
I have been thinking about having Magnaport install their muzzle brake on a Remingtom 700BDL(7MM mag). I would appreciate any comments from those who have had this type of work done. Thanks.

Tallbear
11-30-2004, 08:01 AM
20 some years ago I had them do a custom job to my Ruger Balckhawk. I've hunted with it for deer, hogs, and buffalo and it has never failed me.

It has the Mag-na-port, trigger job, timing, crown, etc. I think they still sell the complete gun.

karcent
11-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Magna-Port barrel porting is very effective. Thousands of satisfied customers.
You might also look at the Answer System.
http://www.answerrifles.com/

Fair warning! Any porting/muzzle brake system will make your rifle incredibly loud.

RSF
11-30-2004, 08:55 AM
i have used both and the answer system is much better! nice looking and lot more effective

ZIPGRAVER
11-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Magna-port did my Tikka O/U and it really helped for skeet. They do excellent work and I would have no problem sending anyone to them. :P

ultrarider
11-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I have been thinking about having Magnaport install their muzzle brake on a Remingtom 700BDL(7MM mag). I would appreciate any comments from those who have had this type of work done. Thanks.

Had my Ruger .45LC ported last year because it was uncontrollable when shooting hot loads. Shooting hot loads now, is almost as comfortable as it was shooting target loads before.

I made an appointment with Mag-na-port in Mount Clemens (586) 469-6727 to have mine done on a Saturday morning and I waited while they did the work. I won't say that everyone will get that kind of service, but it won't hurt to ask. Now that firearm deer season is over they may not be too busy to accommodate you.

BTW, I wouldn't get my gun ported unless it was done at "Mag-na-port ®" - they invented it and they're the only people I'd let do the job. YMMV!

RSF
11-30-2004, 08:19 PM
he is talking about there brakes i gather! larry and crew do a good job but do some homework i have seen the barrel erosion that occurs from there use over time! and had to have 300 win mag re barreled after 3k rounds do to errosion due to magnaporting then i swithced to the answe muzzlebrake wich has the contracts with kriegroff to due there double guns as an exclusive, and even built up bo dereks 375 H&H. and some gund for the general stormin norman. there brake at answer is proven to out preform all others. the porting isnt as bad on handguns due to velociteies and wall thickness of barrels iam happy with there work on my handguns and shotguns but i would never have a rifle done by them have seen to many foul up, i can also put you in touch with a guy who worked ofr magnaport and agrees that the answer system is better

joen
12-01-2004, 02:44 PM
I hadn't thought about residual effects of adding a brake or porting ie; the erosion thing. I hadn't heard about the Answer System, either, since I thought MagnaPort was the only such commercial outfit. Pays to ask directions when traveling into new areas. Thanks for the heads-up, responders'.

The Remington is probably the last rifle I'm gonna buy(well...maybe)and I want to do it right. Some comparison investigation is in order on my part.

GLOCKME
12-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Had them Magnaport my 30.06 several years ago..Muzzle jump reduced greatly :D ,loudness increased :shock: Very nice flash at dusk too.. :lol:

Would recommend highly..