PDA

View Full Version : Bald Mountain

unclejoe
09-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Anybody been out to the Bald Mountain shooting range lately? I was there many-moons-ago but heard some good things about it now. Any thoughts?

Signess
09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Anybody been out to the Bald Mountain shooting range lately? I was there many-moons-ago but heard some good things about it now. Any thoughts?

Strict rules, nice place! About sums it up in a nutshell IMHO.

JohnJak
09-30-2010, 07:31 AM
RO's are on ego trips. Safe range when I was there sometime ago. 1 round in chamber only.

Signess
09-30-2010, 07:39 AM
RO's are on ego trips. Safe range when I was their sometime ago. 6 round in chamber only.

He meant that ^^^

kkolodsick
09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
RO's are on ego trips. Safe range when I was their sometime ago. 1 round in chamber only.

Don't know when you were there last but that has not even been close to my experience there.

RO's do indeed enforce the rules: one shot every ~2 seconds and 6 rounds in mag.

JohnJak
09-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Don't know when you were there last but that has not even been close to my experience there.

RO's do indeed enforce the rules: one shot every ~2 seconds and 6 rounds in mag.
It's been awhile. That's why I stopped going there.

kkolodsick
09-30-2010, 08:31 AM
It's been awhile. That's why I stopped going there.

I've only been going there for a year or so and my experience has been very good. Respect them and their rules and you get a little leeway.

RO's have been great, Pete (the main RO)is on the boards here. Stand up guy.

unclejoe
09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
. . . from the Bald Mountain firing range, great experience especially since it has been @25 years since I was there last!

Anyway, I wouldn't trade the safety rules in force today for some of my previous experiences there in years past. I think you know what I mean in regards to a totally unsupervised range.

Yes, the 6-round/magazine can be a pain but this isn't a blast-away type of place.

Overall a very good & safe experience there. Definitely would go back.

(My 'spotter' liked the hairspray and goodies in the restroom too!)

pberishaj
10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
thanks again keith for the kind words

seeker01
10-02-2010, 05:00 PM
and the range guy is safety conscious, but reasonable
as long as you are NOT making a donkey out of yourself, he'll work w/ you

i love the place!

they did major remodeling - can't wait to get some time to try their clays set-up

dramey82
10-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I was there last week and go about every two weeks, never any problems and very nice people, 6 rounds as stated before, I seem to get away with a double tap every once and awhile, I don't abuse it so it seems to slide, these guys are nice and I'm sure they know, just follow the easy rules and you will never have a bad experience. 8)

Joerockhead
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I was there last week and go about every two weeks, never any problems and very nice people, 6 rounds as stated before, I seem to get away with a double tap every once and awhile, I don't abuse it so it seems to slide, these guys are nice and I'm sure they know, just follow the easy rules and you will never have a bad experience. 8)

I have had :yeahthat: the same experience there.....
The guys are just doing their jobs.... Better safe than sorry !!!
Once you get to know them they lighten up... just like anything else...

I bring my 11 year old there all the time and the guys treat him great... They get a kick out of young shooters following ALL the rules.............

Plus... 7 bucks and you can shoot all day !!!

dramey82
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Me and the wife went again today, I had to try out my new M&P9c, the little woman was shooting her Sig, perfect day to shoot, guys at Bald Mountain were great, Thanks.

Signess
10-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Me and the wife went again today, I had to try out my new M&P9c, the little woman was shooting her Sig, perfect day to shoot, guys at Bald Mountain were great, Thanks.

Let me know the next time you're heading out there. I'll try to get out there with ya. :salute:

dramey82
10-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Let me know the next time you're heading out there. I'll try to get out there with ya. :salute:
Will do. :thumbup:

Batman
10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Is the clays course up and running? 5-stand? I used to shoot there once a week back in the late '90 but ever since Larry Woo ran it into the ground I haven't been back.

Signess
10-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Is the clays course up and running? 5-stand? I used to shoot there once a week back in the late '90 but ever since Larry Woo ran it into the ground I haven't been back.

Sporting Clays only. IIRC, there was talk of a mini 5 stand course coming. But I'm not for certain.

USAntigoon
10-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I visited the range today and I like the set up, layout, strict protocol and procedures..Very friendly "reception"..

This will become my practicing range as soon as I am ready.. (CPL class next week, etc...)

pberishaj
03-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Bald mountain will be offering Cpl course beginning April/may taught by me. Hope to see you folks out there.

Pete Berishaj

Dabears!
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
did the walk through the woods with a couple buddys a few weeks back and it was great
lil expensive for clays but it was fun

Funk55
03-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Been there twice in a few months. Nice place to shoot, just follow the range rules and I enjoyed it. I would reccomend it to anyone. I thought the ROs were professional and took the job serious! As they should!

seeker01
03-25-2011, 06:48 AM
Bald mountain will be offering Cpl course beginning April/may taught by me. Hope to see you folks out there.
Pete Berishaj
i knew you were 'certifiable' :rofl:
but...when did ya get yourself certified to teach cpl
-Rod

pberishaj
05-02-2011, 10:49 AM
rodrigo i just got certified to teach recently. Classes should start around mid may early June.

Garymac
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I've been shooting out there off and on for the last 3-4 weeks. Nice range and nice people. Probably will be out there for some more shooting this week.