PDA

View Full Version : IWB holster "concealed"?

Garandpa
09-30-2010, 12:44 PM
New to handgun ownership. My M&P 9mm came with an in-the-waistband type holster (Galco TR472) and I'm wondering if carrying it this way is considered concealed if it is not further covered up by anything (like a jacket, etc.)?

Roy

Juggernaut
09-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I carry a G19 everyday in an AIWB everyday....
un tucked Tshirt covers it....

who dat
09-30-2010, 01:28 PM
New to handgun ownership. My M&P 9mm came with an in-the-waistband type holster (Galco TR472) and I'm wondering if carrying it this way is considered concealed if it is not further covered up by anything (like a jacket, etc.)?

RoyIt is considered concealed if IWB. There have been several recent threads and case law cited for proof. Do not IWB unless you have a CPL.

Leader
10-10-2010, 06:23 AM
It is considered concealed if IWB. There have been several recent threads and case law cited for proof. Do not IWB unless you have a CPL.

By some people, others think common sense will keep it from getting to court on it's own.
I sure wouldn't try it in a state where open carry was restricted.
In FL or TX (where our CPL is honnered) you WILL be arrested for carrying that way.

esq_stu
10-10-2010, 08:26 AM
I don't recommend risking one's freedom on the whims of a jury. Since a LEN and a prosecutor will probably consider IWB to be concealment, why take that chance?

Leader
10-10-2010, 09:16 AM
I don't recommend risking one's freedom on the whims of a jury. Since a LEN and a prosecutor will probably consider IWB to be concealment, why take that chance?

And in fact, I can not remember EVER seeing an attorney that did anything except recommend AGAINST open carry by IWB holsters.