PDA

View Full Version : Jap Type 99.

durus5995
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I was contacted by an old Scout lead of mine and he said he was going to be getting rid of some WWII items of his step dads. He has a type 99 that his Dad picked up from a pile of captured weapons. It has the monopod, no mum, anti aircraft sights, and a bayonet with a small piece of bamboo which has some Japanese writing on it. was told is the name of the guy who the bayonet belonged to. I would love to make him an offer for it as well a some flags and stuff butI have no idea what to value it at seeing as I can I.D. who the vet who brought it back.

walldj45
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
If you cna post a pic of the Japanese symbol i can tell you what it means. (name, unit, toilet paper ration...)

Depending on wood/metal condition id say $2-300 is a good buy. I will give $200 for it, if you don't want it.

Mike in Michigan
10-06-2010, 08:13 AM
This is not the best place to get value info on collectibles. Better to search out the military forums where the real (???) experts are available. I recently sold a very nice Type 99, ground mum, without the extras you mention for $140 at the Birch Run gun show. Watch the action on gunbroker.com and the other online auctions to see what they are actually selling for.