PDA

View Full Version : Archery Season Opening Weekend Success-Videos

riversedgetaxidermy
10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
We had a very successful weekend in Antrim County for the opener. Below are the video links. Hope you enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4L_U1whMnM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi7YqP_1Rv0

miked
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Cool. Congrats and thanks for sharing. I always like watching hunting videos.

AMSR22
10-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Cool Vids. What make and model camera are you guys using? Quality is awesome.

jackle1886
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Great videos. Definitely enjoyed watching them. My GF video'ed my spring turkey hunt, and hopefully we'll get some deer action this weekend.

riversedgetaxidermy
10-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys...We upgraded this year to a Sony FX7 HD camcorder. We wanted to have more control over the setting on our camera and this one does an awesome job from what I can tell!! I can tell we still have a little bit of work to do but I am loving the results so far!!

RSF
10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
you killed the mommy the poor little one behind it....

Tom Fineis
10-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Ironic coming from you...

Lets compare schedules and shoot some bambi soon...

:D

jackle1886
10-06-2010, 01:18 PM

I did happen to think of this as well. The little one looked like this year fawn, and not a yearling. Myself as a hunter, I do not shoot does who have fawns. The chance that the fawn makes it is pretty small now w/o it's mother. Not trying to cause a stink, just MHO.

riversedgetaxidermy
10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
I did happen to think of this as well. The little one looked like this year fawn, and not a yearling. Myself as a hunter, I do not shoot does who have fawns. The chance that the fawn makes it is pretty small now w/o it's mother. Not trying to cause a stink, just MHO.

Everyone does have an opinion on this however my opinion is that the button bucks this time of year are seperated from there mother anyway so if he can make I so can the young does but to each his own I guess!!

RSF
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I was teasing usually if the spots are gone they are fair game to many

Tommy no **** dude soon as we can

Ruger
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I'll take a yearling anytime over a mature doe! In Da U.P. we called them veal!

My uncle would always take a young buck and my aunt a yearling.... She said the best ones were just after the spots fell off!

If your a serious meat hunter you'll go with the biggest one you can legally harvest, but if you like your venison to be fork tender and flavorful ya have to take the yearling.

EricF517
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I was teasing usually if the spots are gone they are fair game to many

Tommy no **** dude soon as we can

I thought the spots were aiming points?

Good job you two and thanks for sharing the videos

SuperSeal110
10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Bad@$$, Congrats. Sweet video and awesome editing.

SuperSeal110
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM

I disagree, JMO.