PDA

View Full Version : Deer Tags - Combo?

Joeywhat
10-11-2010, 10:40 PM
It's been a while since I've bought deer tags...I'm hunting state land this year near Traverse City. I'd like to be able to take a buck and doe...or at least have the option for the doe as they're usually all I see. Will be doing the regular firearm season, not archery or ML.

Will the combo tag allow me to take a buck and/or doe on state land? If not, how can I do it?

Danke.

remingtondude58
10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
No, you can't take an antlerless during firearm season without a antlerless permit.

Ruger
10-11-2010, 10:55 PM
But you might be able to buy the unused ones (doe permit) check to see if the DMU in your hunting area has any left. You can access it by going to the MDNR site and looking it up. I got a doe permit for my area and its been years since they've had them available on public land.

pkuptruck
10-12-2010, 02:50 AM
not quite true folks....

as I understand it, you CAN take a doe with a combo license IN THE TB ZONE.
You must use the unrestricted tag ( meaning the next buck you see MUST have 4 points on one side)

see the dnre website or read the book.

Leader
10-12-2010, 04:58 AM
not quite true folks....

as I understand it, you CAN take a doe with a combo license IN THE TB ZONE.
You must use the unrestricted tag ( meaning the next buck you see MUST have 4 points on one side)

see the dnre website or read the book.

How does this apply to the original question about hunting around Traverse City?

pkuptruck
10-12-2010, 05:31 AM
How does this apply to the original question about hunting around Traverse City?

original question in the post...

Will the combo tag allow me to take a buck and/or doe on state land? If not, how can I do it?

the answer is as I described... yes and no.. Yes he can, but no...not where he is...

( I typed it slow for you.... hope you kept up! LOL. j/k)

Leader
10-12-2010, 07:05 AM
original question in the post...

the answer is as I described... yes and no.. Yes he can, but no...not where he is...

( I typed it slow for you.... hope you kept up! LOL. j/k)

Then it would also apply that he can't in IA.(with a MI. license), why didn't you also tell him that?

Joeywhat
10-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Well that sucks. I looked into it and it looks like there either weren't any doe permits left for the county I'm hunting in, or they weren't available in the first place. Lame.

From what I understand I can use the combo to grab a button buck if I don't take anything else, but I'd rather not...am I reading that correctly?

pkuptruck
10-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Then it would also apply that he can't in IA.(with a MI. license), why didn't you also tell him that?

do you really TRY to be an azzhat? Or is it something that just comes natural?

I dont believe I have EVER slighted you in anyway... and to get your
immature posts for no other reason, than "just because" is pretty annoying....

if you got a biitch to pitch.... please do so.... directly...

but to simply be annoying and childish really is pretty petty.

Hawgrider
10-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Well that sucks. I looked into it and it looks like there either weren't any doe permits left for the county I'm hunting in, or they weren't available in the first place. Lame.

From what I understand I can use the combo to grab a button buck if I don't take anything else, but I'd rather not...am I reading that correctly?

The regular tag must be for a buck with antlers 3 inches or longer during the firearm season or any size antlers during the bow season except for the upper peninsula and special DMU's .
The restricted tag must be used on bucks with 4 or more points one inch or longer on one side during the firearm season. You may use the restricted tag to take a doe during the bow season with a bow.

PDinDetroit
10-12-2010, 10:33 AM

You can also consider hunting multiple locations, which may afford you the opportunity to obtain a doe (antlerless) tag. Lapeer County still has 712 doe tags left and the Lapeer State Game Area could be a possibility (shotgun/handgun).

Ruger
10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
You can also consider hunting multiple locations, which may afford you the opportunity to obtain a doe (antlerless) tag. Lapeer County still has 712 doe tags left and the Lapeer State Game Area could be a possibility (shotgun/handgun).

As of last night Oscoda Co. had 2000+ left.

jimmi308
10-15-2010, 03:00 PM

you must tag a button buck with your antlerless tag.... 3" or less = antlerless
the only way you can take a doe with the combo is if its with a bow than you can shoot a buck with no minimum pts just be over the 3" rule