PDA

View Full Version : My #1 Personal Homeland defense rifle

ROOKIESHOOTER
12-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Hello all

Here is 1 of my many "Homeland defense Rifles"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/rookieshooter/BushmasterCarbine.jpg

Anyone have and advice on a good place to do barrel threading it needs a flash suppressor/muzzle brake and it will be perfect :)

Prices would also be great if possible!

Thanks
Rookie

Knimrod
12-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Anyone have and advice on a good place to do barrel threading it needs a flash suppressor/muzzle brake and it will be perfect :)

I'll let you know... I sent my upper/barrel assy. out a couple weeks ago to a machine shop in Warren for the same thing. They were going to do a CNC program in a mill for cutting down and threading the muzzle for a reverse flash hider. He thought he could do it without disassembling the barrel from the upper receiver.

lee
12-31-2004, 08:52 PM
As I stated before, I'm not an AR fan but that sexy gun might just entice me. In your pix it appears you take her to bed with you. :shock: My wife won't let me take my VEPR K to sleep with us :lol: Who makes the red dot? What barrel twist do you have? I bet you it weighs a whole lot less than my heavy barreled VEPR with red dot that weighs in at 9 pounds---10 pounds when fully loaded :evil:

ROOKIESHOOTER
12-31-2004, 09:12 PM
As I stated before, I'm not an AR fan but that sexy gun might just entice me. In your pix it appears you take her to bed with you. :shock: My wife won't let me take my VEPR K to sleep with us :lol: Who makes the red dot? What barrel twist do you have? I bet you it weighs a whole lot less than my heavy barreled VEPR with red dot that weighs in at 9 pounds---10 pounds when fully loaded :evil:

The red dot was made by Hakko I was skeptical at first but it has proven to be a good sight I may in the future upgrade to a eo-tech but this one keeps me on a 8 1/2"x 11 sheet of paper at 100+ YDS so it works GREAT

I payed around 150.00 for the sight brand new in box it's very durable my clumsy butt dropped it once (sight only) it never made any difference.
Did not even scratch it.

My G-friend won't let me sleep with mine either but she is not always here lol

Barrel twist is 1 turn in 9" Right hand

Weighs in at 6.1 lbs empty with a 30 rd empty mag inserted

ROOKIESHOOTER
12-31-2004, 09:13 PM

I'll let you know... I sent my upper/barrel assy. out a couple weeks ago to a machine shop in Warren for the same thing. They were going to do a CNC program in a mill for cutting down and threading the muzzle for a reverse flash hider. He thought he could do it without disassembling the barrel from the upper receiver.

Please keep me informed if you don't mind sir

Knimrod
01-05-2005, 08:27 PM
My barrel is done! :D I should have it in my hands tomorrow. I talked with the machine shop and they now have a jig and cnc program to cut the barrel without disassembly. He said it should be about $35. tops to thread the muzzle. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, talk to Dennis at Kinetic Racing Engines: 734-595-7593 . They are in Westland in close proximity to The Firing Line.

ROOKIESHOOTER
01-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Thank you sir I will call them tomorrow :D :D :D

Knimrod
01-06-2005, 08:39 PM
The pictures are terrible but you get the idea...

New threads
[siteimg:7a3cbc58fd]73[/siteimg:7a3cbc58fd]

New "reverse" flashider installed
[siteimg:7a3cbc58fd]74[/siteimg:7a3cbc58fd]

ROOKIESHOOTER
01-07-2005, 05:44 AM
What about the black barrels

BHP
01-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Knimrod,

Once you have had an aopportuity to fire it, let us know the results (i.e. is accuracy still good, has point of ipact changed much, etc.).

I read on jouster.com, of mixed results regarding the installation of a flash hider.

Thanks

Knimrod
01-07-2005, 10:23 AM
What about the black barrels
???

Knimrod,

Once you have had an aopportuity to fire it, let us know the results (i.e. is accuracy still good, has point of ipact changed much, etc.).

I read on jouster.com, of mixed results regarding the installation of a flash hider.

Thanks
I didn't install it with accuracy in mind but since they left the crown intact and this particular flashider is pretty open all the way to the crown, I don't expect the accuracy to change much. But I'll let you know.