PDA

View Full Version : Jackson County CCW renewal

Divermaster
01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I went to the County Clerks office and paid for my CCW renewal on 10-4-04 I got finger printed the same day.

I called the State police on 11-29-04 the told me the prints were sent to the County Clerks office on 11-24-04.

I called the County Clerk office on 12-5-04 to see if they have received my print yet. No one there wanted to talk to me about it. they told me I should just wait. I keep being persistent and I finally got through to the County clerk and she told me she had received my prints. so I asked when will I be receiving my new permit. I was told I had to wait to have it reviewed. I called today to see if it had been reviewed yet. I was told I had to wait.

They have had my prints for a month how long does it take to review them? :cuss: :hot:

My permit expires on 2-7-2005
I am beginning to wonder if I will get my new one by then.

Jim Simmons
01-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Go to the first gun board meeting on or after 1-14. The clerk confirmed they had your print report on 12/5. The gun board is supposed to issue or deny you within 45 days. MCL 28.425b(13). Tell them that they are in violation, and if they won't issue you a CPL then and there, that you demand a temp per subsection b(14). (It's on page 17 and 18 of their own blue book.)

Roger Roney
01-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Jim, not to step into your area, but shouldn't he go to VERY NEXT meeting? They may only meet once a month. Let's say second Monday, which this month is the 10th, but in Feb. it is the 14th, past his expiration date.

BTW, If anyone is having trouble deciphering Jim's secretly encoded sublimal message in his post, it says "Call me if there are any problems!" :twisted: :D :D

Roger

Divermaster
01-05-2005, 05:43 PM
I finally talked to the County Clerk today. She told me my application would go in front of the gun board tomorrow. She told me to call on friday to see if gun board was going to renew my CCW.
If they weren't going to renew it had to go to the gun board meeting next month.

I asked why my application didn't go to the gun board last month and she didn't know why.

It seems like they would review them more than once a month.

So I guess I will know in a few days.

Hugle
01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, did you get it? Aaron Foster is very good to work with. The big hold up in Jackson is them getting the prints back from the MSP..... Once there, it is sent back to JSO for a background check, they DO NOT go fom the MSP directly to Aaron Foster.

Divermaster
01-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Yes I got it friday. :D