PDA

View Full Version : Women's CCW Class to benefit M2A Feb 18 & 19

Fiddler
01-04-2005, 10:19 PM
In conjunction with The Firing Line, I am proud to announce that I will be teaching a women's CCW class at The Firing Line on February 18 & 19 with profits to benefit the M2A Child Safety Program. If you are a woman or know a woman who has been considering getting a CCW, this is the perfect time! I specialize in providing firearms training for women in a positive and non-threatening atmosphere. In addition to meeting Michigan and NRA requirements for a ccw, this class will also emphasize awareness and concealed carry issues as they apply to women. While you are at it, you will be helping to fund the M2A child safety program, where we teach kids how to be safe around guns.

Please email me at kknoll@mgouc.com or pistolinstructor@charter.net for more info.

Fiddler
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Okay, so far I have one confirmed and three maybes for this class!

Marty will be helping me out and acting as RSO for this class, and so far, everyone who has gone through our classes has thanked us for being super thorough. We don't just go over the highlights. We really make sure you understand the material and get quality range time while also making it fun! The student/teacher ratio while on the range is usually no greater than 2:1, if not 1:1, so everyone gets all the individual attention they need.

I also bring a variety of my own pistols for students to try, which has been really popular in my classes so far.

Our very own Jim Simmons will be teaching the legal portion of the class, and he does the finest job presenting of anyone I have ever seen!

The class will take place Feb 18 from 6:00 - 9:00 and Feb 19 from
8:30 - 4:00 at one of the finest, state of the art gun ranges in the state! All this for only $110! I can offer it at that rate because the guys at The Firing Line are really bending over backwards to help us out because they believe in the child safety classes.

This is for a good cause, so if you know any women who are thinking about getting their CCW, this is the time to do it! I wish I had known of a woman teacher offering a women's class when I got my CCW. I would have been a lot less intimidated. Please tell your wives, mothers, sisters, friends, etc what a great opportunity this is!

Here is a link to The Firing Line if you'd like to see more details!

http://www.firinglineguns.com/

Send me a PM or email at kknoll@mgouc.com or pistolinstructor@charter.net with questions.

Fiddler
01-14-2005, 11:53 AM
This class is filling up fast, but I still have room for more, and it's for a great cause! I have had some feedback that women with less experience are afraid of looking foolish. A lot of women feel that way, and that is one of the reasons I offer women's classes. Everyone involved works hard at helping the students to feel comfortable so they can learn, so please pass the word along. Anyone who is unsure should feel free to attend my women's shoot. I already know of one beginner who is going to try to be there. They can also contact me to set up a one of one session before the class.

Fiddler
02-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Class went very well, and we received excellent feedback from the class participants. We raised $700 for M2A, which will help us reach more kids with the MiKidSafe program. A big thank you to the good folks at the Firing Line for the use of the range and classroom. Thanks also to the M2A Executive Board, Jim Simmons, and those who volunteered and showed their support in a variety of ways.

sprink
02-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear it Karen!

Barbara
02-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Excellent! That's wonderful. :)

If everyone did as much work as Karen does, none of us would have any problems.

LivoniaDan
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Excellent! That's wonderful. :)

If everyone did as much work as Karen does, none of us would have any problems.(emphasis mine)

I would.... I don't think I could keep up......

Barbara
02-20-2005, 01:33 PM
:D

She pretty much does just kick ass, though, doesn't she? :)

Kouger
02-20-2005, 01:49 PM
pretty much????????????

LivoniaDan
02-20-2005, 02:00 PM
:D

She pretty much does just kick ass, though, doesn't she? :)

Ya well... you're no slouch yourself.......

Barbara
02-20-2005, 05:18 PM
We're all in it together here. :)

Fiddler
02-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks guys. :D Barbara is right. We are all in it together, and what a great team!

mkls0
02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys. :D Barbara is right. We are all in it together, and what a great team!

Thats right there is no I in team!!!!!

BUT there is one in MIKE :D :D :D :D

Barbara
02-21-2005, 06:52 PM
I can think of some other words that don't contain an I.

:) :) :)