PDA

View Full Version : Women's fun shoot Jan 29!

Fiddler
01-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Okay here are the details! In conjunction with The Firing Line, I am proud to announce an MGO women's fun shoot on January 29 from
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. at The Firing Line in Westland. This fun shoot will be for women of all experience levels. New shooters are welcome and encouraged to attend. I will be happy to assist as needed, and will even bring a variety of pistols for the women to try.

This will be a fun event for women to come out and shoot, and a great opportunity for new shooters to be introduced to the sport in a safe, friendly and non-threatening atmosphere.

For only $10 per person plus ammo, you can shoot for up to 2 hours. Compared with the usual range fees of $14 per hour, this is a real deal!
In addition, if you join MGO at the shoot, MGO will cover your range fees, and don't forget that with the MGO membership drive, if you join at The Firing Line, while supplies last, you will receive the following.

1 free 1/2 hour range pass
1 free gun rental
1 free Firing Line tactical knife

So, basically, if you join MGO at the ladies shoot, you get all the above plus 2 hours of free shooting, which works out to a $74 value for a $25 membership! I don't know about you, but this excites the bargain hunter in me! Either way you come out ahead. $28 worth of shooting for $10 or $74 worth of membership benefits for $25, and that doesn't even count all the wonderful MGO benefits that we can't put a price on. We will also go out for a bite to eat afterwards.

RSVP is not required, but if you know you will be coming, please let me know so I can give the guys at TFL an idea of how many lanes to reserve for us! Please bring your friends!

savedbydbelle
01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll be there with one or two of my co-workers

goldwing2000
01-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I wonder if I can talk my mom into it... hmmm...

mkls0
01-05-2005, 10:40 PM
I got one for you to Kathy will be there

paddy
01-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Trying to talk the current wife unit into going. Right now she said "maybe".

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 06:09 AM
I'll be there with one or two of my co-workers

That's great, Sandie! See you there!

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 06:11 AM
I wonder if I can talk my mom into it... hmmm...

She'd be more than welcome! I don't know if she's ever shot a pistol before, but experience is not necessary, and as you know, I have a few .22's she could try. I hope she can make it!

RSF
01-06-2005, 06:12 AM
sandi/ would that be barb your bringing! say yes!

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 06:12 AM
I got one for you to Kathy will be there

That's great, Mike! I will look forward to seeing her there! Is Lori coming too?

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 06:13 AM
Trying to talk the current wife unit into going. Right now she said "maybe".

That would be great, Paddy. I hope to see her there!

savedbydbelle
01-07-2005, 12:33 AM
sandi/ would that be barb your bringing! say yes!

Sorry Steve, I think you mean Brenda (the blonde nurse in the news clip), and no she will not be comming. She is not interested in shooting
:( Maybe you could go with us to church and meet her 8)

Kouger
01-07-2005, 12:42 AM
ROFL and have the walls cave in?

RSF
01-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Church! not intrested in shooting! what is wrong with her! lol bummer guess ill go kill something today! instead :lol:

Koug has it right if you like your church dont invite iam beyond saving

on a side note i got some more vension lunch meat made

Fiddler
01-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Okay, so far we have 4 that I know will be there for sure, as well as 3 or 4 maybes! The more we have, the more fun it will be! Who else is in?! :pistols:

cliffd
01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I was going to bring the Wife and Mother-in-law down, but other obligations prevent our attending. :x

Please post any other plans for future events and we will certainly make an effort to attend.

Fiddler
01-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Sure thing, Cliff! That makes three women I know of who were interested but unable to make the January shoot. If there is enough interest, I could always set up another one in the Spring. For future planning purposes, was it the idea of a women's shoot that you liked, or just a fun shoot in general?

prettyinpink
01-10-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm gonna try and be there if I can.

paddy
01-10-2005, 06:37 PM
My current wife will not be able to attend. She has plans that day and I will be out of town. I promised her that I would be there to defend her from all the gun nuts. :)

Maybe next time.

Fiddler
01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna try and be there if I can.

I hope to see you there.

Fiddler
01-10-2005, 07:06 PM
My current wife will not be able to attend. She has plans that day and I will be out of town. I promised her that I would be there to defend her from all the gun nuts. :)

Maybe next time.

I'm sorry to hear that, Paddy. I hope she can make the next one.

cliffd
01-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Sure thing, Cliff! That makes three women I know of who were interested but unable to make the January shoot. If there is enough interest, I could always set up another one in the Spring. For future planning purposes, was it the idea of a women's shoot that you liked, or just a fun shoot in general?

Actually it was both, and more.

They both have their CPL and the wife shoots with me more or less regularly. The MIL does not shoot regularly and currently does not carry because her son-in-law (me) has neglected to get her to a gun shop with a good selection that she can try. I have been meaning to get her to The Firing Line for a while but with kids and schedules it never seems to happen. I am not much for the whole New Years Resolution thing, but I think that this is something that I have to take care of soon.

That date happens to be bad for us because I will be taking my son and another to a cub scout outing to see the Harlem Globetrotters. My wife will be busy with our very active 17 month old daughter.

Cliff

Fiddler
01-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Okay. Hopefully we'll see them next time then.

Autumnlovr
01-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there Karen. I'm trying to talk my sis into coming along with me.

Fiddler
01-12-2005, 09:35 AM
That's great, Lauren. I hope to see you both there.

Fiddler
01-14-2005, 02:58 AM
I am getting a lot of interest in this shoot, including one or two 1st time shooters! (Some have communicated via email as well). It looks like we will have a great turn out, and we'll have a real blast! I will be bringing the following pistols to share.

Ruger Mk II in .22
Browning Buckmark in .22
Kimber in .22
Sig 228 in 9mm
Sig 230 in .32
Sig 239 in 9mm
H&K P7PSP in 9mm

I will also bring my Beretta Storm in 9mm, and I know of a few others who are going to bring a few pistols to share as well.

Remember, you don't have to RSVP, but if you know you will be there, please let me know so I can get a rough estimate of how many people to expect.

So, who's in? We still have room for more! :pistols:

Fiddler
01-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay, we are up to 6 women who will definately be there and several inquiries and maybies. There is a lot of interest in this event, and I am hoping we will have enough in attendance to reserve one side of TFL.

I was looking in the safe, and came across a beautiful S&W revolver, model 36LS (Lady Smith in .38 special). I almost forgot I had that beauty, since I am so hooked on my semi-autos. Nevertheless, she is a sweet firing gun, and everyone should try the lady smith at least once.
I will bring her for people to try as well.

Fiddler
01-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Well, I was at TFL the other day, and Tommy gave me a great deal on a bottom and side rail kit and vertical fore grip for my Beretta Storm. I installed the rails and forward grip and put my M3 tactical light on the side, and I am ready to rock and roll!

Fiddler
01-22-2005, 07:09 PM
It's looking like we are going to have enough to reserve one side of the Firing Line! :multi:

So far we have the following.

Michael is sending 2
Sandie and 1 or 2 friends
Autumlovr and sister
prettyinpink maybe
Barb maybe
4 confirmed not from this board
Plus - several who are going to try - not from this board

Anyone else?

fbuckner
01-25-2005, 06:28 AM
wish we could make it but not this time i do want to get out and shoot somewhere sometime. I gotta blow the dust of the old .45

Fiddler
01-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Yes, you do, Rick! I'm sorry you all can't make it this time, but any time you want to get a group together to go to the range, let me know! Bring Chris and Moe!

Fiddler
01-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Good news! We now have 20 women signed up! :multi: Several of the women I have heard from are new shooters, so I will be giving a safety orientation before we begin shooting. I have also had some wonderful offers of help (and more guns and ammo) from certified RO's and other experienced shooters, so there will be plenty of qualified help on hand for the ladies. This is going to be quite an event!

See you there!

Fiddler
01-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Just a reminder. Those who will be shooting might want to bring a sweatshirt. The Firing Line has a state of the art ventilation system, but it gets a bit chilly on the range in the winter.

Autumnlovr
01-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the tip (on the sweatshirt). I've got the camera charging up and am prepared to take lots of pics. I think it's wonderful that we have soooo many women showing up and all the offers of help! I've always found that when women are given the opportunity to learn to shoot from someone other than their significant other, they're much more relaxed. And....boy do they get geeked when they hit the target! Then, when they get their first bullseye, WOW! Be prepared to see women dance. So guys, if you're sending your ladies over for this shoot, be prepared to see some smiles when they get home! And, some of you should be prepared to spend some money......they aren't gonna want to shoot YOUR guns, they're gonna want their own! :D

M1911A1
01-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Lauren speaks a great truth! A lady learning to shoot exhibits much joy! Some women find many guns they like :!:
Seriously, it's great to get more women involved and this shoot looks like a winner!
I think us guys can handle a woman wanting her own gun(s).

prettyinpink
01-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this time. Found out at last minute that family will be in town over the next two or three days and they want to get together at the same times as events going on. Oh well, may not make those either...feeling a bit under the weather too.

Kouger
01-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I am working on being there but it will be for a very limtied time. There is a youg man that really wants me to be at his SOLO and there is NO WAY I will miss this.

Ken P
01-29-2005, 12:05 AM
I am working on being there .

glad to see the operation was successful.... :rofl:

paddy
01-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Bringing my Ruger Single Six SA 22cal with lots of ammo.
Also CZ P-01 9mm with a few 100 rounds.

Fiddler
01-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the tip (on the sweatshirt). I've got the camera charging up and am prepared to take lots of pics. I think it's wonderful that we have soooo many women showing up and all the offers of help! I've always found that when women are given the opportunity to learn to shoot from someone other than their significant other, they're much more relaxed. And....boy do they get geeked when they hit the target! Then, when they get their first bullseye, WOW! Be prepared to see women dance. So guys, if you're sending your ladies over for this shoot, be prepared to see some smiles when they get home! And, some of you should be prepared to spend some money......they aren't gonna want to shoot YOUR guns, they're gonna want their own! :D

Thank you, Lauren. I think it's going to be a really great event. Hopefully the ladies will learn a little more about shooting, have fun and gain more confidence! Most of all, I hope everyone has fun, and hopefully we'll get a few new members too!

Fiddler
01-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Lauren speaks a great truth! A lady learning to shoot exhibits much joy! Some women find many guns they like :!:
Seriously, it's great to get more women involved and this shoot looks like a winner!
I think us guys can handle a woman wanting her own gun(s).

I'm still finding guns I like! I just need to make more money to buy them! :lol:

Fiddler
01-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this time. Found out at last minute that family will be in town over the next two or three days and they want to get together at the same times as events going on. Oh well, may not make those either...feeling a bit under the weather too.

Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next time. I hope hope you feel better. There's been a LOT going around, and lots of kids absent from school.

Fiddler
01-29-2005, 08:38 AM
I am working on being there but it will be for a very limtied time. There is a youg man that really wants me to be at his SOLO and there is NO WAY I will miss this.

I hope you can stop by, Koug, but your son comes first.

Fiddler
01-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Bringing my Ruger Single Six SA 22cal with lots of ammo.
Also CZ P-01 9mm with a few 100 rounds.

That's terrific, Paddy. Thank you. See you there.