PDA

View Full Version : SAFR Family Firearms Day May 14

Fiddler
01-05-2005, 12:09 PM
SAFR, in cooperation with MGO and M2A will be holding a Family Firearms Day at the Howell Gun Club on May 14. This is going to be a fun filled day for the entire family. We will have certified instructors running the range, .22's for kids to shoot, food and fun.

Benefit4Kids has also agreed to be there with archery equipment, and instructors to introduce the kids to archery!

We will also need donations and volunteers. Below is a list of just a few areas we need covered. Please volunteer to help out or donate where you feel comfortable.

Instruction/Range Detail

RSO's to explain the range safety portion of the lesson
RSO's to assist students - 1:2 RSO/pupil ratio mininum
Volunteers to put up targets

Guns and ammo

non scoped .22 rifles (Ruger 10/22's or bolt action)
.22 pistols
ammo

Miscellaneous

ear plugs
safety glasses
targets
poster board for targets
staple guns and staples
EZ-Up or other shelter canopy
tarps

Food

Donations of food and beverages (hot dogs, buns, pop, chips, etc)
Barbecue - We will have the use of the club barbecue, but if anyone has an extra they can bring, that might be helpful

Cooks
servers

We are also in need of a few volunteers from MGO to help with planning of this event. There will be a meeting to discuss details at the Copper Pickle in Howell on January 30 at 1:00.

RSF
01-06-2005, 06:13 AM
that is benefit for kids

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Oops! :oops: That was a typo. Thanks for catching that, Steve! Spell checker would not have caught that one. It is corrected now.

Here's a link to the Benefit4Kids Website. Check it out!

http://www.benefit4kids.org/

G22
01-06-2005, 07:13 AM
non scoped .22 rifles (Ruger 10/22's or bolt action)
.22 pistols
ammo

bolt action only?

If not, I can lend a .22 rifle and donate some ammo.

I can donate some ear "plugs" & targets too as long as "regular" 8.5x11 or 11x17 paper is ok. Just regular bullseye targets?

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks, Kevin! We'd love to have at least 10 guns of the same type if possible, preferably Ruger 10/22's or bolt action, just to keep them consistent and easy for the kids to use. However, all offers are welcome! Just out of curiosity, what type of .22 do you have?

Regular targets are great! We just want the kids to be safe and have fun shooting!

Thanks again!

G22
01-06-2005, 09:10 AM
It's a MagTech with 9rnd mag. No scope. The other mag only holds 8 (i think Kouger was chewing on it!!!) ROFL!!

http://www.magtechammunition.com/buttons/7022manual.pdf

How many targets would be sufficient?

bluethunder
01-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I should be able to help out, along with my son and hopefully the wife and babygirl. How about using paper plates, there good enough for CPL qualifications, and a lot cheaper.

G22
01-06-2005, 12:12 PM
How about using paper plates, there good enough for CPL qualifications, and a lot cheaper.

Now how the heck am I supposed to load plates in the paper tray of my printer?!!! :shock: :lol:

Tallbear
01-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I have two 10/22's and can print targets.

Guess that means I'll be there.

Kouger
01-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I dont knwo if I will make it or not however i will be glad to print out 500 targets and donte them. will make sure they get to someone that will be there

bluethunder
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
How about using paper plates, there good enough for CPL qualifications, and a lot cheaper.

Now how the heck am I supposed to load plates in the paper tray of my printer?!!! :shock: :lol:

In case you didn't know, the theory behind the paper plates is to just give them a target to shoot at, not for accuracy like a bulls-eye target. Kinda takes off the pressure. They (we) can always improve our shooting. But nothing will turn off a new shooter quicker than having somebody start bragging about how many bulls-eyes they got, while the other new shooters are just trying to put hits on the target.

Kouger
01-06-2005, 12:55 PM
and besides paper plates feed just fine in 2 or my inkjets ( ok im kidding.havent even tryed it )

G22
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
I was just kidding Kent, I think plates would be a good idea. 8)

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
It's a MagTech with 9rnd mag. No scope. The other mag only holds 8 (i think Kouger was chewing on it!!!) ROFL!!

http://www.magtechammunition.com/buttons/7022manual.pdf

How many targets would be sufficient?

That's great, Kevin. Thanks!

What? Kouger was chewing on your mag? Aren't we feeding him enough? :lol:

I'm not sure how many targets we will need printed up. We may want to wait until we are a little closer to the event and get an idea of how many kids we are expecting. This has the potential to be a really big event!

Thanks again, Kevin!

Kouger
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM

didn't I warn you about that mag when i sold that to you??

thought I had

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM

In case you didn't know, the theory behind the paper plates is to just give them a target to shoot at, not for accuracy like a bulls-eye target. Kinda takes off the pressure. They (we) can always improve our shooting. But nothing will turn off a new shooter quicker than having somebody start bragging about how many bulls-eyes they got, while the other new shooters are just trying to put hits on the target.

You make an excellent point, Kent. We want this to be a positive experience for the kids! In that same spirit, we are also only going to have them shooting at 15 yards or so. We were actually thinking of using a variety of targets, to make it fun for the kids, including balloons! I'm so glad you are planning to bring your family, Kent. That's great!

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I have two 10/22's and can print targets.

Guess that means I'll be there.

That's great, Mike. Thanks!

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey, you guys are great! Thanks for coming through once again!
Since we want this to be an event that SAFR, MGO and M2A work on together, we could still use a few volunteers to represent MGO on the planning committee. We are having a meeting at The Copper Pickle in Howell on Jan 30 at 1:00. Any volunteers?

G22
01-06-2005, 01:17 PM

thought I had

Yup, you did. But you didn't say how it got bent so I made up my own story!!! :lol: :P

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I dont knwo if I will make it or not however i will be glad to print out 500 targets and donte them. will make sure they get to someone that will be there

Sorry I'm responding a little out of sequence. My tired eyes must have skipped right over this.

That would be great, Kouger. Thank you! :D

Kouger
01-06-2005, 01:26 PM
call and remind me of meeting Karen.i will see what i cna do about making it..... can plan.emails and so on...not sure if i will make the shoot though

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks, Koug. I appreciate it.

Kouger
01-06-2005, 01:46 PM

thought I had

Yup, you did. But you didn't say how it got bent so I made up my own story!!! :lol: :P

rofl.ok stick with that one...i dont know how it got bent.i bought it that way

Barbara
01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
We talked about using balloons as targets, too. Something a little more "interactive!" :)

Firearm Exchange
02-19-2005, 10:10 AM
SAFR, in cooperation with MGO and M2A will be holding a Family Firearms Day at the Howell Gun Club on May 14. This is going to be a fun filled day for the entire family. We will have certified instructors running the range, .22's for kids to shoot, food and fun.

Karen, any idea how many kids may be attending?

Would 700 rounds of ammo take care of it? We'd be happy to make that donation for this event.

PM me and we can figure out what's needed.

Fiddler
02-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Thank you, Jim. PM sent. We are really not sure at this point how many children will be attending, but we do anticipate that this will be a pretty big event. 700 rounds would certainly be a big help!

goldwing2000
02-20-2005, 12:03 AM
I'll donate some ammo (coutesy of Roz) and contribute a 10/22 and a Buckmark (and a scoped bolt-action, if we decide to use them).

I think there are a couple bricks of ammo.

Fiddler
02-20-2005, 03:04 AM
Thank you, Kane. Yes, we did decide to go with some scoped rifles as well. That would be most helpful!

LivoniaDan
02-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll be out of town, but if you are using scoped rifles, I can give up a Marlin 60 for the event. ( IF you want an extra..... But Semi-Auto.....)

concerned
02-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I have a scoped 22lr bolt action.
also a scoped 22WM bolt action, that'll punch holes thru change at 50 yards.

and about 50rounds of ammo each.

If we can't make it, I could drop them off with someone.

Autumnlovr
04-24-2005, 03:15 PM
BTT

We still need more help. Any time you can spare would be greatly appreciated.

Kouger
04-24-2005, 05:40 PM
still need/want targets printed?

which targets?

how many??

who is running the 22 range part of this?

Diverdave
04-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I am free to help. I can be there early. I have a Marlin model 60 w/o scope but can put one on and zero before then.

Barbara
04-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Thank you to everyone who is stepping up..its much appreciated.

One big thing we need is kids! So be sure to let everyone you know know about this..it's going to be a fun event.

USA Patriot
04-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Is 'everyone' invited?? (i.e. is it an open childrens event??)

I would like to spread the word, but I want to make sure you do not have to be a member of X or Y before I have someone and their kids make the haul!!

Thanks.

Kouger
04-25-2005, 10:11 PM
ALL KIDS ARE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.firearmsalliance.org/FFDayFlyerFinal.pdf

RSF
04-25-2005, 10:12 PM
all are welcome no memeberships no nadda this about the kids

savedbydbelle
04-26-2005, 07:11 AM
I am scheduled to work an 8 hour midnight shift the night before and a 12-hour midnight shift the night of the event, so I can not attend. But if there is any prep-work you need done like picking up donated stuff or anything else, let me know. I'd be happy to help how ever I can.

Kouger
04-26-2005, 09:56 AM
print,hand out and post flyers all over....... (link in my previous post).

I printed 500 and will be taping,hanging,push pins and whatever else it takes to get the word out

125 down .only a few more shopping days left till the sale ends.....rofl

RSF
04-26-2005, 09:58 AM
good job koug

Kouger
04-26-2005, 10:02 AM
i may not be able to do much.but.will do what i can..still not sure i can make it or not.hope i can...if so.kids will be in tow.not only to have fun.but will be there to help as well.........in scouts uniforms i hope

RSF
04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
hell bring the whole troop

appliancebrad
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
i may not be able to do much.but.will do what i can..still not sure i can make it or not.hope i can...if so.kids will be in tow.not only to have fun.but will be there to help as well.........in scouts uniforms i hope

Darn! Our son Jordan (Star Scout) will be off at orientation for his summer job that week end. He's going to be a lifeguard at a BSA camp.

fbuckner
04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
will someone be there to sign up new paying members?

RSF
04-27-2005, 08:26 AM
yes

Tallbear
04-27-2005, 08:42 AM
yes

This is NOT a membership drive event. I suggest you print an application for the group you would like to join and mail it in. Thanks

RSF
04-27-2005, 08:45 AM
ok my bad! iam sorry kids kids day thats right sign up online damm it

Barbara
04-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Since so many groups are participating, we're not going to do any kind of membership drive. There will probably be a table with everyone's literature on it and you can pick stuff up, but there won't be anyone around collecting them.

The whole focus really is the kiddos for this one. :)

Barbara
04-28-2005, 07:07 PM
I want to say thanks to everyone who stepped up on this.. :)

Good job on the flyers, Koug! Thank you!