PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Range Safety Officer course

45 acp
01-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know of anyone teaching the NRA Range Safety Officer course?
Right now I have 3 guys that I would like to get NRA Certified as Range Safety Officer's. Does anyone here teach this course?

Barbara
01-05-2005, 04:07 PM
http://www.setyoursights.net/course-dates.shtml

Fiddler
01-05-2005, 04:57 PM
That is one source I would recommend. You can also contact Kerry Miller at krm65229@aol.com.

Barbara
01-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Uh, oh..Kerry's going to kick my butt for not putting him down. :P

Dave Edwards
01-06-2005, 07:20 AM
That is one source I would recommend.

They probably do a very good job teaching, but I noticed that they state that they are members of the "Michigan Coalition For Responsible Gun Owners". Hmmm.

Fiddler
01-06-2005, 05:11 PM
So is Kerry. In fact, Kerry was elected to their BOD last time around, but he he is also a top recruiter for the NRA, SAFR, and M2A, and is also a member of GLSSA. The bottom line is, they are all excellent training counselors, and when it comes to instruction, I think the most important factor is quality, not politics, but that's just my opinion.

Roger Roney
01-07-2005, 04:35 AM
So is Kerry. In fact, Kerry was elected to their BOD last time around, but he he is also a top recruiter for the NRA, SAFR, and M2A, and is also a member of GLSSA. The bottom line is, they are all excellent training counselors, and when it comes to instruction, I think the most important factor is quality, not politics, but that's just my opinion.I couldn't have said it better. Right On, and I agree!

BTW; has he been recognized as a BoD member? I haven't heard from them for almost four months now, and I'm still a member for another two years plus.

Roger

Dave Edwards
01-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I did not mean any disrespect. I'm sure that they're fine folks and excellent instructors. In my own case, however, I've tried to distance myself since resigning as Macomb County co-chair, way back when.

Fiddler
01-07-2005, 12:05 PM
No offense taken, none intended. You were just stating a fact, and I was just stating my opinion. All is good. I distanced myself from that org long ago, but truly good training counselors are hard to find, so I don't make the politics an issue. That's all. :D

Fiddler
01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
So is Kerry. In fact, Kerry was elected to their BOD last time around, but he he is also a top recruiter for the NRA, SAFR, and M2A, and is also a member of GLSSA. The bottom line is, they are all excellent training counselors, and when it comes to instruction, I think the most important factor is quality, not politics, but that's just my opinion.I couldn't have said it better. Right On, and I agree!

BTW; has he been recognized as a BoD member? I haven't heard from them for almost four months now, and I'm still a member for another two years plus.

Roger

The last I heard, he had not been recognized as yet, but I probably don't have the most up to date info either. :wink: