PDA

View Full Version : Refuse To Be a Victim Seminar March 20!

Fiddler
01-05-2005, 06:00 PM
How does a predator choose his victim? What can you do to decrease your chances of being victimized? What is the level of security in your home? What is the first thing you should do before you get into your car? What should you do to minimize your chances of being victimized while fueling up at the gas station? How about the ATM machine? Do you know how to prevent identity theft on the internet? These are just a few of the issues discussed in the NRA Refuse to be a Victim Seminar.

Refuse To Be a Victim is a gun neutral program which was originally developed by the NRA to help women to avoid being victimized by increasing their level of awareness both in and outside the home, as well as introducing them to a variety options for self defense. However, it is now open to both men and women. This seminar is highly recommended for anyone who wants to raise their level of awareness and avoid being victimized as a part of your overall training.

I will be teaching a Refuse To Be a Victim Seminar on March 20 at The Firing Line from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. The fee for the class is $10 to cover materials. There will also be door prizes! Tell your family and friends!

Fiddler
01-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I still have openings for this class. It is open to both men and women, and is good for anyone who wants to learn how to become less of a target to predators. I have personally had several situations in which I could easily have become a statistic, but I was able to avoid a confrontation because I have had a lot of excellent training. I was aware of the situation and I knew what to do! I'm sure many of us have stories we could share, but awareness and preparation are the key, and you can always learn more! Here is an excerpt from the NRA website.

Refuse To Be A Victim® seminars teach methods to avoid dangerous situations and prevent criminal confrontations. Experts agree that the most important factor in surviving a criminal attack is to have an overall safety strategy before you need it. Seminar topics address personal safety issues as well as home, automobile, phone, technological, travel, and personal security. Seminar participants are presented with a variety of common-sense crime prevention and personal safety strategies and devices they may integrate into their daily lives. Firearm instruction is not included.

Here is a link to the NRA website, with more information about Refuse to be a Victim.

http://www.nrahq.org/rtbav/

Fiddler
02-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Due to a scheduling conflict, I will be rescheduling this class. I will post further details when they have been confirmed.

Thank you!

WhoIsJohnGalt
02-21-2005, 01:54 AM
I've got six lined up, Karen, whenever you are ready. :)

Fiddler
02-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks, John. That's terrific! I hope to have the details this week, and I will let you know!

Tallbear
02-23-2005, 08:21 AM
This is still on The Firing Line website.

Fiddler
02-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks, Mike. I will have to get with the webmaster.

Fiddler
02-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Okay, class is rescheduled to just one day after the original date. I have changed the original post to reflect the correction as well.

Sunday March 20
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Firing Line Gun Range and Gun Shop
38427 Webb Drive
Westland, MI 48185
Cost - $10 materials fee

Please pre-register via email.
kknoll@mgouc.com or pistolinstructor@charter.net

Fiddler
03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I still have openings for this class. This is a great class for those who want to make themselves less of a target for criminals - CPL or not.
Here is a quote from the NRA website with more info about the class.

Safety experts agree the single most important step toward ensuring your personal safety is making the conscious decision to Refuse To Be A Victim®. You stand a much better chance of preventing criminal attack if you develop a safety plan before you need it. That is we are offering the Refuse To Be A Victim® crime prevention seminar.

The seminar teaches easy to understand methods you can use to increase awareness and prevent criminal confrontation. In just three to four hours, you will get the tools you need to develop your own personal safety strategy, including information about:

The Psychology of the Criminal Mind
Home & Phone Security
Automobile & Travel Security

Personal & Technological Security
Self-Defense Tools & Training Options
And more!

WhoIsJohnGalt
03-23-2005, 04:51 AM
Thanks Karen & Marty. The gals enjoyed the class! :)

Fiddler
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Thank you, John. We're glad to hear they enjoyed it. I hope it was informative for them as well.