PDA

View Full Version : Magazine sticking

JohnT
01-11-2005, 05:37 AM
I just received some 30 rd. no name Mags for my Camp 9 and 2 jam up after loading only 15 rds. I oiled one and it took a couple more rds. Any idea's?

sahauptman
01-11-2005, 11:45 AM
I just received some 30 rd. no name Mags for my Camp 9 and 2 jam up after loading only 15 rds. I oiled one and it took a couple more rds. Any idea's?

Hi JT
It sound like a few things could be happening. Most of the non OEM (Triple K, USA) mags use a sub-standard spring and to get their mags to run right you usually have to replace them. Try Brownells for replacement mag springs, you might want to buy Uzi 30 round springs.

Another common problem is the follower. What happens is that the follower is a little to narrow for the mag tube and as you load ammo into the tube their is more tension against the spring and it will cock(can you believe this website, it wont let me spell cock) the follower over and lock it up in the tube like a wedge.

Try this, take the mags that work and measure the width of the follower and the width of the tube. (use a micrometer if you have one) Then measure the mags that don't work and see if their is a difference.

JohnT
01-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Thank's for the information. I will go measure them today. The Uzi spring idea sounds good. I quess it is true the you get what you pay for.