PDA

View Full Version : The Piece Keeper

bronco2019
10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey all,

I recently purchased and installed a Piece Keeper in my residence, I was wondering what others thought about them? If you don't know what it is, take a look here....

http://www.thepiecekeeper.net/

Personally I am very happy with mine, I feel like it is a very solid design. I am in no way connected with this company, just looking for other opinions on them.

PhotoTom
10-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Shameless plug...
As found in the MGO Store:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/proddetail.php?prod=Piecekeeper

:)

bronco2019
10-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Negative on that one Tom, I have no connection to them in any way or form. I actually wrote them an email suggesting how they could make their product more secure and if you would like I will post it here to prove my point. I was simply looking to see if other people liked their piecekeepers or really to be more honest to see if anyone else here even owns one....

Gun protection wise I own just about all of them from the evault to the cheaper lock boxes all the way up to the full size safe. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Do you own one Tom?

dougwg
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Tom was giving a plug to MGO because MGO sells them!

He was not downing you.

bronco2019
10-19-2010, 10:58 PM
My fault! I took it the wrong way. I love mine either way, plus it was made here in Michigan and not in some commie dump.

patriot1988
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Will these work with an AR15 carbine? If not is there a similar device that will work?

bronco2019
10-22-2010, 01:37 PM
It wouldn't work with an AR simply because the trigger guard is a weak point on the firearm and would allow someone to pull the weapon out. If you got a machined lower without the removable trigger guard I would think the weapon would be pretty secure in there. The product is great but does have some weaknesses. I don't know of any affordable open air gun locks for ARs, I have looked and was less that impressed with any of the options. I feel comfortable with my pistol being locked in the open in my piecekeeper. Let me know if you find anything....