PDA

View Full Version : ProMag magazine quality?

jmoser
01-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I am considering a 12 round ProMag replacement for my HK USP .45.

The HK factory mags are rediculously expensive (like $60) so I am looking for other options.

Are ProMags decent quality? I have had problems with other aftermarket brands, Triple K and USA I would not buy again.

Midway has these for $26, less than half of OEM price.

Any advice is appreciated,

Smokepole
01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Jeff,
Take a look at Brownell's site. If they have it, knock off about 25% and see if it's a better deal.
Brownells offers Instructor discounts for NRA instructors. If you don't know somebody down there, I can order it for you.
Let me know.

jmoser
01-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I found some comments on Glock forums that were NOT complimentary about Promag functionality.

After reading this I will likely swallow hard and ante up for an HK OEM mag. Found a site for $53 plus S&H.

I once read that one of the Para mags could be adapted easily for the USP but I don't really want to fiddle with that.

karcent
01-17-2005, 03:05 PM
With magazines, you generally get what you pay for.
Stick with OEM and you will not end up with a pile of mags you can't use.

Thrindle
01-17-2005, 06:53 PM
I had a promag for my Smith & Wesson 5903. The magazine didn't hold the slide open when it was empty, so I sent it back. Never had reason to try them for my HK. Try CDNN Investments, cdnninvestments.com, they had a good price on HK mags, but I think you had to buy at least 4 and they might have been used.