PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Clay Ranges in Oakland/ Macomb County?

D and L
10-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi guys, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a sporting clay range in Macomb/Oakland County. Love the ranges were you walk through the "woods" to the stations.... I have been to the Detroit Sportsman Congress (nice place) but I recall MANY moons ago, going to one out by Lake Orion....I cannot for the life of me remember the name though. Any help would be appreciated.

Laura

Signess
10-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi guys, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a sporting clay range in Macomb/Oakland County. Love the ranges were you walk through the "woods" to the stations.... I have been to the Detroit Sportsman Congress (nice place) but I recall MANY moons ago, going to one out by Lake Orion....I cannot for the life of me remember the name though. Any help would be appreciated.

Laura

Hi Laura, I believe the SC course you were thinking of is "Bald Mountain". They've got a "mini SC" course now from what I"ve heard. I haven't been out there since Pat (he runs the place) re-did it.

But I would highly suggest "Huron Pointe Sportmans Association". There is a very nice SC course there that is right up your alley. I.E.- walking the course through the woods. Course is a little over a half mile long if IIRC. We also offer 5 stand, Skeet, Trap, Rifle/Pistol range (100yd, outdoor & covered), 3D archery. Clubhouse, food & Spirits. (depending on the crowd and amount interested).

We'd love to have you and yours out. The rifle/pistol range is running extended hours for sight in days. But make sure to call prior because range officers are difficult to come by on week days. Hope that helps you out. Happy shootin! ;-)

Link for Huron Pointe is located below, in my sigline. Just click on the "Huron Pointe".

D and L
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi Signess, Thanks for the reply! Gosh is the Huron Pointe Sportmans Association located right beside a golf course? I believe I may have golfed out there years ago and now remember that there was a shooting range out that way....I thought it was a private range for some reason. THANK YOU for the info. I checked out your link.
As far as Bald Mountain, I read some older forums that talked about that range, but it sure seems like I remember a SC range out that way with a very unusual name. We always had a hard time finding it in the phone directory... Something like "Shooting Wings.....or something"
Meanwhile, I will have to revisit the Bald Mountain site. I thought that one was closed down for some reason.....:scratch:

Best regards, Laura

jimbojr
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
huron point sportsmans best I have seen.

Signess
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Signess, Thanks for the reply! Gosh is the Huron Pointe Sportmans Association located right beside a golf course? I believe I may have golfed out there years ago and now remember that there was a shooting range out that way....I thought it was a private range for some reason. THANK YOU for the info. I checked out your link.
As far as Bald Mountain, I read some older forums that talked about that range, but it sure seems like I remember a SC range out that way with a very unusual name. We always had a hard time finding it in the phone directory... Something like "Shooting Wings.....or something"
Meanwhile, I will have to revisit the Bald Mountain site. I thought that one was closed down for some reason.....:scratch:

Best regards, Laura

lol, no. Fortunately we have no neighbors out there. However across the street is the backside of a landfill. :hot: It doesn't hinder the club in anyway what so ever though. It just never used to be there years ago when I first started going to Huron Pointe. It's no different than going to Great Lakes crossing or The Palace. But once your on the club grounds, you don't even know its there.

I think "Perch Point" may have been near a golf course. It's been a long time since I've been out there. But I vaguely remember something else being within the vicinity.

Come on out and check us out sometime, I think you'll like it. I work the all the Clay ranges the 2nd Saturday of the month, each month. I'd be more than happy to show you folks around.

Signess
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
huron point sportsmans best I have seen.

Thank you very much jimbojr:!: It's always nice to hear people make kind remarks about your club. It's hard to get people to put forth an effort to make things nice for others. But those that do really appreciate hearing these type of things. :thumbup:

/offtopic - were you the one helping me with recoil pads a while back?

wishn-i-was-fishn
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Fenton Lakes Sportsman's Club, 1140 Butcher Rd, Fenton 48430 has a very nice and challenging 15 station course that winds through the woods.
The club is just over the Oakland County Line in Genesee County.

Public shooting hours are Sat. & Sun 10AM - 3PM ( you need to be done shooting by 3PM).

www.fentonlakes.com

Signess
10-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Fenton Lakes Sportsman's Club, 1140 Butcher Rd, Fenton 48430 has a very nice and challenging 15 station course that winds through the woods.
The club is just over the Oakland County Line in Genesee County.

Public shooting hours are Sat. & Sun 10AM - 3PM ( you need to be done shooting by 3PM).

www.fentonlakes.com

Yep, nice club also. I shot the "Appleseed" there.

pkuptruck
10-25-2010, 03:05 AM
www.multilakes.com

jimmyp
10-25-2010, 06:32 AM
bald mountain has a new top notch sporting clay course and a mini sporting clay course also a new 5 stand, pat has done a great job out there! i believe the name of the place you were thinging of in lake orion was Wing and Clays? that used to be bald mountain also.

jimbojr
10-25-2010, 07:02 AM
/offtopic - were you the one helping me with recoil pads a while back?

Sorry no.

Batman
10-25-2010, 09:40 AM
I think the sporting clays range your thinking of is Grand Blanc Huntsman Club in Grand Blanc. You drive past a golf course on your way to the range but it's not adjacent to the club. They have a very nice clays course.

Here's the link:

http://www.gbhuntsmans.com/

D and L
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
bald mountain has a new top notch sporting clay course and a mini sporting clay course also a new 5 stand, pat has done a great job out there! i believe the name of the place you were thinging of in lake orion was Wing and Clays? that used to be bald mountain also.

DING DING DING You win the prize JimmyP !!!! DOH, I have been racking my brain trying to remember that name..."Wings and Clays" So that WAS Bald Mountain....I thought it was a separate range.....

Well thank you for clearing that up. It was like trying to remember the name of a song or something and it just DRIVES you crazy for days and days.

Guys, Thanks for the other suggestions.... Fenton is a new one for me, open to the public, only on the weekend though? Interesting....

Best regards Laura