PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Match February 26th - Saline

mitommy
01-28-2005, 07:46 PM
We sure missed you all in January. We had about 6" of snow when the match started and it snowed all day. I don't think the temperature got above 12 degrees all day BUT the match still went on:badass:

The NEXT IDPA match at the Tri-County Sportsman's League (in Saline) is scheduled for Sat. February 26nd. The times have changed. The new times are are 12 noon, 2 pm and 4 pm. What else do you have to do on a Saturday in February. Shooting only takes about 2 hours, and there are "warming areas" to use while you wait your turn. No classifier in February, but we do have a little something to keep the day interesting.

For more info Check out Tri-County's web site http://tri-countysportsmansleague.org

To register send e-mailto:cbrenner@umich.edu (advanced registration is best. you can try just dropping in, but most squads fill up by e-mail registration)

All you need is your carry pistol, a holster, mag pouch, mags (3 is good 4 is better) and 120 rounds of ammo (usually 100 is enought). Din't worry about the NEW rules yet. We'll make every effort to accomodate everyone (as long as it is safe).

If you are new, just get there a little early to look around. At sign up tell them you are new and they'll help you out.

lee
02-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm registered for 4:00 pm shoot. I'm a first timer----a newbie. I'm a member of SWANT team. Special weapons and no tactics :shock: :D .

Fiddler
02-22-2005, 12:17 PM
The January snow was too much for me (okay, I'm a wimp) and I would love to shoot on Saturday. In fact, I can hardly wait to shoot another IDPA match, but I have a child safety seminar at Outdoorama on Saturday. I hope to catch the match next month, though. Maybe I'll catch a practice in Linden as well.

Hey Lee, good luck with your first match. You will find the folks at Tri-County are very helpful with new shooters. Let us know how you do!

GrimReaper
02-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Lee, I'll be there for the 4 o'clock time slot too, and I'm a first timer. Glad to hear there will be a fellow newbie shooting at the same time.

See ya tomorrow.
Steve

lee
02-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Steve: I'll be shooting a Glock 27 or a Glock 22. I have a moustache and am 5'7''-----not too tall. Allright------I'll be the short one :shock:

lee
02-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Had a good time at the shoot. I did meet mitommy and grimreaper and I got help eith the course from both safety instructors and mitommy. There were six stations/senarios. Two stations were shot from sitting down on a chair! . My first station I grouped two shots in, yes a good guy-----ok I got em mixed up but I did shoot the good guy real good :shock: :shock:Everyone was helpful and nice. And yes there were woman shooters. A good group. good practice, and alot of fun. I'm hooked :shock:

mitommy
02-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Had a good time at the shoot. I did meet mitommy and grimreaper and I got help eith the course from both safety instructors and mitommy. There were six stations/senarios. Two stations were shot from sitting down on a chair! . My first station I grouped two shots in, yes a good guy-----ok I got em mixed up but I did shoot the good guy real good :shock: :shock:Everyone was helpful and nice. And yes there were woman shooters. A good group. good practice, and alot of fun. I'm hooked :shock:

It was nice to meet you. We're glad you had fun. You did real good for your first time out. All your shots counted (even the ones to ght good guy). The speed will come as you shoot more matches.

Reminder the next match is March 26th.

GrimReaper
02-28-2005, 05:24 PM
mitommy, I wasn't aware you were there or met you, I was helping out with Lee after the match with the clean up.

Looking forward to the March 26th shoot, see ya there.