PDA

View Full Version : ACOG

rssnjr
02-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have any experence with a Trijicon ACOG or Compact ACOG on their AR15? Just looking for some opinions.

USA Patriot
02-06-2005, 12:13 AM
I have use the standard Trijicon ACOG (w/BAC).

It is a GREAT piece of equipment and I would recommend it to anyone with the cash to burn. Tough as nails, no batteries to die at the wrong time, it laughs at water-rain-fog-etc, and nice clear optics. Nice low fixed magnification.

If you want something w/o magnification, get a HoloSight (made in Ann Arbor!!).

My 2cents.

RSF
02-06-2005, 07:08 AM
have used and own all 3 types of optics acog, aimpoints,and holo sights

have found that the aimpoint to be best choice, easy to adj intesity over the eotech, better for longer range shot placement over the eotech, crisper dot. all 3 are good choices but my money stays too the aimpoints

USA Patriot
02-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Deputy:

Since I have no exp. with aimpoints in 'real life' (but giving them long hard looks), would you recommend the 2X models?? I have heard the 0X standard models are great, but I have not heard too much about the 2X.

I am looking for something with mild magnification (other than ACOG). Any recommendations?

rssnjr
02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Here's a question for both of you. Does the BAC on the Trijicon work as good as a red dot?

RSF
02-07-2005, 11:03 AM
its is really a personal choice the 2x is very mild almost not even there! it is nice! i also like the 0x for extreme cqb or home defense! the 0x model is on my ar right now.

the bac works very well but not with all ammo it iis close enough though!

i really recommend spending the money on an aimpoint and then the rest on extra ammo. and magazines the 7-900 price tag is steep! for a play toy home gun too look cool ! if it was being used a s a daily duty gun or offto war then yah grab an acog

but for 400 less and just as tuff get the aimpoint it is faster on the move less cluttered and is parallx free so no matter were your head is or eye on the gun it is all ways centered. best for axward shooting postions

Batman
02-07-2005, 09:29 PM
There is also a company that sells a Aimpoint knock off called Tacpoint. I have two and they are very, very good. Now they are not quite as good as an Aimpoint but they only cost a third of the Aimpoint.

RSF
02-07-2005, 10:48 PM
funny thing you mention those!

myself and fiddler both have one! i have been beating mine to death on a hard kicking 3.5 12 gauge turkey gun ! so far so good hakko makes them

one version is a chinese made the other is japan! we have the japan models (no blue ring) very good so far

WhoIsJohnGalt
02-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Is that the "Hakko" brand, Dep?