PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't going to post it but wth, here's my bowkill

UPpatriot
11-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Shot this last week in my favorite spot. Had hunted there a couple nights and left my stand up. Came back the next week and saw a fresh 4 wheeler trail heading near my stand. The area I hunt is state land but is gated and bermed and the lazy 4 wheeler shoveled in the berm to get across. :hot: It's about a 3/4 mile walk.

So I get in my stand and was just strapping on my safety belt when I noticed a doe and 2 fawns 40 yards in front of me. It was snowing off and on and I hadn't had a chance to put on my clothes(long walk was sorta stripped down). So I just stood and waited and then this little buck came through. He bedded down 30 yards to my left for about 45 minutes. I was able to get my jacket and stuff on as he laid in his bed, I wasn't sure I was going to shoot him anyways.

So he gets up and takes a leak and then walks near me to about 20 yards. He gave me a nice slightly quartering away shot, I drew and before I knew it the arrow was on it's way. Darn thing went nearly 100 yards. Loaded him on my cart and was out before dark. He is actually a 4 point although you can't tell by these pics and they're the only ones I took. Has 2 points down by the brow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Danceswithtrees/Firearms/IMG00108.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Danceswithtrees/Firearms/IMG00109.jpg

Here's my deer cart/treestand. I welded bike wheels and handles to it since they bermed off my favorite spot. Now I can wheel my stand in and wheel out my deer. Sure beats dragging it almost a mile.

That's not the same deer on the cart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Danceswithtrees/Firearms/IMG00028.jpg

jackle1886
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on your kill. I'm really leaning to the QDMA practices, but I'm still very happy for you to be able to enjoy the woods and a successful hunt!

Couldn't find the cheers smiley where they clang beer mugs....oh well :)

::cheers::

Made_in_Michigan
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
That one is going to taste great!

Congratulations on your successful hunt! :cheers:

msbcomputer
11-02-2010, 04:55 PM
That one is going to taste great!

Congratulations on your successful hunt! :cheers:

+1

mikethepike
11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
That's cool. Meat is meat. Hard to practice qdma when everybody is trying to stick some meat in the freezer. Until they make it law ...brown its down:headinj:

I like the reflectors on the cart though...who cares as long as you didnt have to huff and puff to get that tasty critter out of the woods

ninjatoth
11-06-2010, 03:09 PM
You saw some pickings and took it,that's what I love about hunting,all deer are nice deer.I always turn the tv to another channel when I see them guys in Texas planting food plots just to grow antlers and they sit and see huge bucks all day grazing,I would rather be no other place than here and get a real wild deer naturally.

justin92
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
That's cool. Meat is meat. Hard to practice qdma when everybody is trying to stick some meat in the freezer. Until they make it law ...brown its down:headinj:

I like the reflectors on the cart though...who cares as long as you didnt have to huff and puff to get that tasty critter out of the woods

meat is not meat have you ever had a dee that lives and eats in the swamp the meat tastes like swamp,ive had it more then once but i prefer a in the woods deer then a deer living in the swamp meat definately does taste different

:beer: cheers

pgaplayerless
11-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Doe I will shoot any size, but the lil bucks i let live. Don't need the meat that badly, plus i always think: If I shoot him now, am i shooting that atypical 10-pointer that willing walk in from of me 4 year from now? :lol:

Toledo Kid
11-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Very nice harvest...:wink:

UPpatriot
11-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Very nice harvest...:wink:
Thanks!

It's not easy hunting up here, there aren't that many deer and a shot at a good size buck is very rare. I don't bait and we don't have farmland to hunt, just lots and lots of woods so getting a shot at anything is hard work. I normally shoot does as I'm a meat hunter, but this one gave me a shot that was hard to refuse.

Toledo Kid
11-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks!

It's not easy hunting up here, there aren't that many deer and a shot at a good size buck is very rare. I don't bait and we don't have farmland to hunt, just lots and lots of woods so getting a shot at anything is hard work. I normally shoot does as I'm a meat hunter, but this one gave me a shot that was hard to refuse.Say Hello to my kid..She is a freshman at Northern!!! :wink:

art
11-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Congrats....

Doe I will shoot any size, but the lil bucks i let live. Don't need the meat that badly, plus i always think: If I shoot him now, am i shooting that atypical 10-pointer that willing walk in from of me 4 year from now? :lol:
Aren't you high and mighty, oh lofty one.....