PDA

View Full Version : Kel-tec PLR 16

Easyrider49
11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Any body ever handle one , do they seem to be decent firearms ?
Around five hundred dollars .

stroo
11-03-2010, 07:22 AM
My bro has one with the muzzle brake and it is pretty fun. It's reliable with good mags, pretty darn accurate and the brake works very well but the muzzle blast is insane.

johnzilla
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I have one and it is one of my favorites. Fun to shoot, easy to handle, compact, uses standard AR mags, plenty accurate for me out to 50 yards. Haven't shot it at 100 yet but judging by its accuracy at 50 I don't see anything I'd be complaining about at 100 yards.

I've never had a FTF or FTE with it, either, after several hundreds of rounds.

IMHO it is a better choice than a typical AR pistol. The PLR-16 doesn't have the buffer tube sticking out the back.

donald150
11-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I have one and it is one of my favorites. Fun to shoot, easy to handle, compact, uses standard AR mags, plenty accurate for me out to 50 yards. Haven't shot it at 100 yet but judging by its accuracy at 50 I don't see anything I'd be complaining about at 100 yards.

I've never had a FTF or FTE with it, either, after several hundreds of rounds.

IMHO it is a better choice than a typical AR pistol. The PLR-16 doesn't have the buffer tube sticking out the back.

I agree 100% with everything above except that it is better than an AR pistol.

It gets VERY hot very quick. It is not made for extended rapid fire.
100 rounds rapid fire is enough to melt the front hand guard.

Like I have said before, I bought mine because I wanted an AR pistol and did not want to save up for one so I settled on the PLR-16.
I like it but I still want a "real" AR pistol. I am now going to build one.

Other than the fact that it gets so hot, I really like mine.

I have read several articles about the Lacquer coated steel Wolf rounds getting stuck in the chamber due to the excessive heat melting the lacquer. I personally can not confirm that because I only shoot brass ammo out of mine.

If you want a AR pistol, get a AR pistol. If the PLR-16 fits the bill for what you want I would buy it. Kel-Tec has Excellent customer service if you ever have a problem.

Easyrider49
11-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the responses guys .
I like the way it looks much more compact than the typical AR pistols (no buffer tube).
I looked at a used Olympic Arms OA93 (no buffer tube) and I'm not crazy about how tall the rail sits , because of the recoil system it uses , PLR 16 here I come .
I have read in a few reviews also that the Kel-Tec is very accurate .
http://www.gunblast.com/Kel-Tec_PLR-16.htm
Magnum Force again the lowest price around !