PDA

View Full Version : Gunman Kills 2 Outside Texas Courthouse

paddy
02-25-2005, 06:07 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TOWN_SQUARE_SHOOTINGS?SITE=MIDTF&SECTION=HOME&TEMP LATE=DEFAULT

"The victims were identified as ex-wife Maribel Estrada, 41, and Mark Wilson, 52, a bystander with a concealed weapons permit who had tried to help."

ROOKIESHOOTER
02-25-2005, 01:14 PM
To bad this CPL license holder didnt have a FN57

Divegeek
02-25-2005, 02:26 PM
While Sarah Brady seems to think that the new FN can penetrate body armor the BATFE ran tests and claims that the NIJ class III vests will stop it. I am more likely to believe the BATFE than Sarah. Even though they both tend to be biased against us, I think the BATFE would be screaming a fit about it if they actually thought it could penetrate armor.

I applaud the deceased for his sacrifice, and for saving at least one life. And the next time I am at the range I will be practicing my Mozambique drills.

bluethunder
02-26-2005, 11:11 AM

You got it, Paddy. Or he didn't know the old 'two in the chest and one to the head if you want to make sure they're good and dead." :wink:

M1911A1
02-26-2005, 12:32 PM

You got it, Paddy. Or he didn't know the old 'two in the chest and one to the head if you want to make sure they're good and dead." :wink:

Gentlemen, I disagree. I think this heroic man did all he could and lost his life in the noble attempt at defending another. He followed the rules as all who are law abiding do. The criminal murderer however did not follow any rules, right down to walking over to the downed man and shooting him again to make sure he was dead.

We lost one of our own. we are all diminished.

RSF
02-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Cover and accuracy beat speed and firepower. remember this if com hits fail try head or pelvic shots chances are he had no vest on covering his hips or groin. once you are engaged there is no stopping period but dut dont stand out in the open, cover cover cover. poor guy!