PDA

View Full Version : unknown person

khicks
02-27-2005, 04:12 PM
I do believe I am going to get some heat for this one but, oh well.

You are at your own home. Your kids(grand kids) are in the yard playing. You are in the house working but keeping a close eye on the kids. While your back is turned an unknown person walks past your yard.

Just then two police cars come to a screaching halt in front of your house. The cops yell for the person to put there hands up and get on the ground. This person grabs a one of these kids and pulls a hand gun out and then points if at the child and screams to the police that they are to back off or the child is dead.

You have just ran to the door and heard every word. The perp has their back to you and does not even know that you are there. The police are off to the right a little and out of your line of fire. The person is 20(twenty) yards away and you can close the gap with out the person knowing it.

Just then the perp moves the hand gun away from the child's head and points it at the police.

Would you, can you, take the shot? The police are there and trying to deal with this person. This person is still telling the police to back off and still does not know that you are there and has his back to you.

J 92 Brigadier
02-27-2005, 05:16 PM
You really need a head shot. At 20 yards, I probably wouldn't take the chance, unless I felt certain the guy was going to shoot the kid. Assuming I could "close the gap" and get within 10 yards undetected, I would be more likely to take the shot.

khicks
02-27-2005, 06:51 PM
so would i. as long as the perp did not know i was there, i would keep closeing the gap, then fire.

ANIMAL
02-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Fortunatley my gun is very acurate well out past 20 yds. but I might have grabed the .22 mag with the simmons scope.

sprink
02-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Had the gun pointed at kids...now at police... no hesitation.

ANIMAL
02-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Also if you can get a good clean shot at the area at the base of the skull. from front or back its like turning off a switch. there will be NO nerve twitches or muscle spasms.

karcent
03-01-2005, 06:54 AM
You had better take cover real fast after that shot.
Those cops will be very nervous and jumpy. When the shot goes off all hell may break loose.

Ktulu
03-01-2005, 08:27 AM
How do the cops know that you're not a threat to them?

ANIMAL
03-01-2005, 08:49 AM
My kid. Any kid for that manner, its the chance I will have to take. If I go down so be it.

Kurt, why would that shot get the cops nervous and jumpy as apposed to any shot. I don't think the cops would see shot for what it was until after they had a chance to look at the body.

I think if the cops didn't know you were there oh yea they will get hinky but I.D. yourself after the shot and stand down.

oh yea. a little prayer wouldn't hurt either.

karcent
03-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Cops would be nervous and jumpy due to the basic facts of the scenario.
If your shot is taken, you would most likely be seen as a threat and could expect the LEOs to return fire in your direction.

I hate scenarios. I equate them with playing video games.

ANIMAL
03-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Understood.

Quaamik
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I'd double back for my rifle. I know I couldn't gaurantee a brain shot at 20 yards against a target that might move at any moment and any miss would endanger the child more. And moving towards the guy with a pistol in sight will attract attention of the poice that will quickly alert him that you are there. Not to mention possibly drawing fire from the police - remember that they don't know who you are or why you are there.....only that you have a gun.

Once I had the rifle, bye-bye bad guy.

Now if the range was already closer, 10 yards MAX, I might try to close it a bit and use the pistol.