PDA

View Full Version : Women's Nights at the Firing Line!

Fiddler
03-02-2005, 02:02 AM
I am proud to announce the first Women's Night at the Firing Line!

When: Thursday, March 31
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Where: The Firing Line Indoor Gun Range and Gun Shop
38427 Webb Drive
Westland, MI 48185

Cost: $14 - includes instruction, range time and a free gun rental (ammo not included). Those using rental guns will need to buy their ammo from TFL.

This is a great opportunity for women to get to the range and shoot with other women as well as receiving instruction from a nationally certified female instructor in a safe, positive, non-threatening atmosphere.

New shooters are welcome and encouraged to attend!

RSVP is not required, but please email me at pistolinstructor@charter.net if you know you will be attending.

Tallbear
03-02-2005, 06:33 AM
I wonder if we can get a "guys night out" on the other side of the range??????? :scratch:

mishomukwa
03-02-2005, 08:11 AM
I wonder if we can get a "guys night out" on the other side of the range??????? :scratch:

I like to watch through the window and tap on the glass. It's cool to see them all turn at once like a school of angelfish.
:)

Autumnlovr
03-02-2005, 08:46 AM
I like to watch through the window and tap on the glass. It's cool to see them all turn at once like a school of angelfish.
:)

Arent' you glad we have good instructors? Wouldn't it be scary if they ALL turned around and pointed their hands at YOU? :shock:

M1911A1
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM

Naw, lets do a guys night at the go-kart track!!

Maranatha
03-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Go Karts, I can be more deadly driving one of them that with a gun.

I'm not for a guys Night, I like the ladies too much to not invite them.

And Mike, we need to let the Ladies have a night of their own without someone tapping on the glass.

M1911A1
03-05-2005, 01:36 PM
The MGO women's shoot was a success. It's a great idea.

Autumnlovr
03-29-2005, 07:54 PM
BTT....get your women out for a night of fun!
What's the RSVP count so far Karen? I won't be able to make it this time, got a few too many irons in the fire.

Fiddler
03-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Thank you, Lauren. I'm sorry you can't make it, but I understand about irons in the fire! The current count is 18, with quite a few new shooters, so if you know any women who are just starting out, this is a great time for them to come out and shoot! I will be doing a short introductory session in the classroom to cover some basics for those who need it before we go out to the range. Those with more experience will only be required to attend a very short safety briefing before shooting. There will be an RSO present on the range at all times. This promises to be a fun event, and we are hoping to have a women's shoot every month, and will be adding something new each time. I hope to see some of you there!

ZIPGRAVER
03-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey if I wear my tutu can I come?? :roll:

Fiddler
03-29-2005, 11:22 PM
That, I would pay to see. :shock: :lol:

Autumnlovr
03-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey if I wear my tutu can I come?? :roll:

Zippy in a tutu....I'd pull a few irons out of the fire to cool in order to see that one. Now, all we need is Kouger in the purple thong.

Fiddler
03-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Zip in a tutu and Koug in a purple thong. Maybe we could get Jim to wear a kilt, too. We could call it the women's entertainment for the night. :wink:

mkls0
03-31-2005, 10:30 PM
So how the shoot go ???????

Fiddler
04-01-2005, 12:24 AM
The shoot went very well. We had 19 women, and most of them were new shooters. They learned some basics, had a good time shooting, and their comfort level and confidence with the guns went way up throughout the course of the night. Women who were nervous and unsure of themselves at the beginning of the night left with big smiles on their faces and took their targets home to show their husbands/significant others. We had a lot of ragged holes in the targets, and all of the women are looking forward to the next shoot. That's what it's all about!

Autumnlovr
04-01-2005, 06:51 AM
So....do we have a bunch of new members too?

Fiddler
04-01-2005, 07:40 AM
No. As you know, we had a really great deal going in conjunction with the Firing Line for those women who joined at the last shoot. We were not able to repeat that offer this time.