PDA

View Full Version : BARNETT.....NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

GregK
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Just wanted to give everyone looking at a Barnett Crossbow a heads up. Recently I took mt 75 year old father to look at crossbows. He had seen my Ten Point & wanted one, but wanted to spend less. He only wanted to be able to hunt the rut if it came on before gun season.
We talked to the salesman & for the limited use that dad needed, he recommended the Barnett Wildcat C-5. It was on sale & it included the crank so that dad could cock it. Perfect!!! Or so we thought!
Dad has probably shot this bow 30 times including shooting it after every hunt to de-cock it.
The first problem we had was the knurled knob that you hang onto to crank & cock the bow fell off during cocking & almost broke dads finger when the tensioned crank arm instantly changed direction. It busted his finger open & since he is on blood thinners he bled like a stuck hog. Dangerous!!!
Second, the groups he shot started shifting.....the rings came loose at the base......both of them! Obviously got past quality control!
Third, after I loc-tighted those, a few more shots & it happened again! This time the 4 screws in the ring caps came loose.....back to the Loc Tite!
Fourth & most recently, the cranking spool in the stock fell out!! The two pieces work together via 4 locating pins which also fell out & had to be located themselves. Again, due to a screw that came loose & fell out!!!
I have sent Barnett an email explaining this to them & as of yet......no response. At this time I feel that I can only warn others & share our horrible experiences with Barnett Crossbows with our fellow hunters.

pgaplayerless
11-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Just wanted to give everyone looking at a Barnett Crossbow a heads up. Recently I took mt 75 year old father to look at crossbows. He had seen my Ten Point & wanted one, but wanted to spend less. He only wanted to be able to hunt the rut if it came on before gun season.
We talked to the salesman & for the limited use that dad needed, he recommended the Barnett Wildcat C-5. It was on sale & it included the crank so that dad could cock it. Perfect!!! Or so we thought!
Dad has probably shot this bow 30 times including shooting it after every hunt to de-cock it.
The first problem we had was the knurled knob that you hang onto to crank & cock the bow fell off during cocking & almost broke dads finger when the tensioned crank arm instantly changed direction. It busted his finger open & since he is on blood thinners he bled like a stuck hog. Dangerous!!!
Second, the groups he shot started shifting.....the rings came loose at the base......both of them! Obviously got past quality control!
Third, after I loc-tighted those, a few more shots & it happened again! This time the 4 screws in the ring caps came loose.....back to the Loc Tite!
Fourth & most recently, the cranking spool in the stock fell out!! The two pieces work together via 4 locating pins which also fell out & had to be located themselves. Again, due to a screw that came loose & fell out!!!
I have sent Barnett an email explaining this to them & as of yet......no response. At this time I feel that I can only warn others & share our horrible experiences with Barnett Crossbows with our fellow hunters.

how about calling them?

GregK
11-10-2010, 10:14 PM
That may be a good thought. When I clicked on the contact link, I don't recall anything but an email addy, but I am going to go back & look even though I shouldn't have too.

AdamFZ6
11-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Barnett's Ph #: 800-237-4507 Just the # that is in the back of my owners manual.

Fax#: 727-942-6100

aquatic-archer
11-11-2010, 11:48 PM
WATCH THE TRIGERS HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEM TOO.