PDA

View Full Version : M1 carbine,(general motors, long tom, rem 700

haneyrb55
11-12-2010, 07:33 AM
we need to know what a M1 carbine marked 2 - 43 general motors is worth it is pretty fine shape but does not have a clip a lady at church husband died and want to sell his guns she also has a long tom single shot shot gun and a remington model 700 bdl 7mm mag with scope any help on these would be nice before i list them for her thanks and reply to haneyrb55@yahoo.com

durus5995
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Well there were like 16 manufactures of M1 Carbine during WWII. Now there were several divisions within GM that made Carbines. First off you have the most common manufacturer which was Inland (division of GM). If its an inland it will just say Inland on the rear tang of the receiver above the the serial number. The second most common GM manufacture is Saginaw Steering Gear. Saginaw Steering Gear which their receivers are marked Saginaw S.G. above the serial number. The last GM manufacture M1 carbine are Saginaw Steering Gear (Grand Rapids Division). These rifles were made in Grand Rapids as opposed to Saginaw and they are marked Saginaw S'.G'. You can tell the difference between the two Saginaw manufactures by the dash marks.

Now there is a lot more factors that go into telling how much to ask for a Carbine. If all the parts match up with each manufacture. Which of the 3 sights does the carbine have? Which of the three barrel band does it have? If you send me some pictures I might be able to help nail down a better price. If it is a Saginaw Steering gear I might even be interested in it.:woohoo1: