PURCHASED FROM / COST:
CDNN For $5.99

PRO'S:
Cost
They Function Fine
Good for Training Mags.

CON'S:
The Plastic needs some trimming
They are hard to load the first few times.

THE REVIEW

I ordered these to try them out, I figured for $6 they would be good for malfunction training.
They were both hard to load the first 10 or 12 times they are fine now.
The Glock 19 mags seem to be some what better than the 17 mags.
I've cycled 250 rounds thru each of them so far no problems.
I'm going to run these some more and update this later.

Ovey99
11-12-2010, 08:04 PM
all run fine by me even 32rd for my glock 23

Tom Fineis
11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
all run fine by me even 32rd for my glock 23
In what environment have you shot them in?

I've yet to find third party Glock magazines that were worth the hassle.

Will-IB-Ready
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm really glad to hear that they've worked well for you.

Let's just say that my experience with KCI Glock mags has been the complete opposite of yours. :sad:
The only exception has been a 33rd mag, which works fine, but I've really only used it a few times.

One good thing I can say about KCI Glock mags:

You will definitely get your malfunction clearance practice in. :thumbup:

MountainDreamer
11-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Just a side to Tom above. A while back I purchased another Ultra Carry from a MGO member and it came with a Raven holster. Man, I cannot say enough good about it. Fits great, rides high and tight, draws slick, good body shield, and dosen't mar the gun finish. Also easy to adjust the cant a bit.

Got a bag o holsters from Uncle Mike's to custom leather, but this has become my EDC for sure.

Kudos

Will-IB-Ready
11-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Just a side to Tom above.
I'm sure you are just showing your appreciation to Tom and the good folks at Raven (and we all love their products), but we really need to keep these review threads on point.

Maybe you could post a review in this sub-forum about your experiences with the Raven?

MountainDreamer
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry about that; will do.

Mike

EddieM
11-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I have been testing 4 of these mags (2 for G17 2 for G19) for a while now and have almost 2000 rounds fired using my g17 and 1500 rounds thru my g19's. I really am a believer in using Glock factory mags and was skeptical of these mags. I can honestly say The ones I have are every bit as dependable as the Factory Glock mags. 3500 rounds and not 1 failure of any kind caused by the mags. Go figure.

Batman
11-16-2010, 11:04 PM
... I can honestly say The ones I have are every bit as dependable as the Factory Glock mags. ....I have read of the melt downs as well and still bought the mags as they are such a good deal. I have to agree, so far, so good. This said, when I carry my G19 I only use Glock mags.

joepistol
11-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I was curious about the quality of these cheap Korean made mags , so before
I ordered them I called CDNN and spoke with one of their clecks (I always ask for him by name) if they had any problems with those they sell and how many were returned.He gave them a good report saying they sell a lot of them, and have had no complaints or returns . I was a bit suprised to hear this but figured for $6.oo they were worth a try.I bought 1 factory mag & 2 KCI for my Glock22 with a 9mm conversion barrel.I was unable to tell any difference in function in the 3 mags in my 2nd gen Glock 22..my..:twocents:..Joepistol..:pistols:

oldskoolford427
11-18-2010, 02:27 PM
I was curious about the quality of these cheap Korean made mags , so before
I ordered them I called CDNN and spoke with one of their clecks (I always ask for him by name) if they had any problems with those they sell and how many were returned.He gave them a good report saying they sell a lot of them, and have had no complaints or returns . I was a bit suprised to hear this but figured for $6.oo they were worth a try.I bought 1 factory mag & 2 KCI for my Glock22 with a 9mm conversion barrel.I was unable to tell any difference in function in the 3 mags in my 2nd gen Glock 22..my..:twocents:..Joepistol..:pistols:

Just a FYI CDNN has a ALL SALES FINAL policy!! thus equal no returns! Now do not get me wrong! They have great prices and customer service and I do mean GREAT I have had very very good experience with them and I too have been wooed to the $6.00 glock mags and have heard all the stories. I decided to disassemble them and clean up the excess flash and do a little detail clean up work with my dremel tool I have not gotten to try them yet but I am gearing up for some serious shooting over Thanks Giving.

kevins_garage
11-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Just a FYI CDNN has a ALL SALES FINAL policy!! thus equal no returns! Now do not get me wrong! They have great prices and customer service and I do mean GREAT I have had very very good experience with them and I too have been wooed to the $6.00 glock mags and have heard all the stories. I decided to disassemble them and clean up the excess flash and do a little detail clean up work with my dremel tool I have not gotten to try them yet but I am gearing up for some serious shooting over Thanks Giving.

Just an FYI

RETURNS
No returned goods will be accepted without prior authorization. All returned goods will be subject to a 15% restocking charge. Returns must be made within 3 days of purchase and have a prior R.A.# with return freight paid. Shipping charges are not refundable.

DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE
We stand behind all of our products, upon deliver, being free of defects. We offer a 3-Day Inspection of all products. Upon receipt, inspect the merchandise to evaluate its function. In the unlikely event that you receive a defective product, we will replace that product at no charge to you except the shipping it costs you to send it to us. We are not a warranty repair station for any manufacturer. Returns of defective merchandise past 3 days must be made directly to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.

WE TAKE CARE OF OUR CUSTOMERS & THEY KEEP COMING BACK!

Buzzcat
11-19-2010, 04:50 PM
The three day return policy is OK if you have the time and resources to pop off to the range on a moment's notice so you can suss them out. If you can't, then the policy is pretty much "no returns".

But they're only six bux a pop, so if you get a dud, you probably shouldn't be too surprised or put out. Caveat Emptor.

Personally, I stick with Glock OEM. Costs a bit more, but I know they work.

But I'd be all over those 33 rd mags if I had one of those KelTec carbines.

russianblood
11-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I bought my G17 KCI magazines for 2/$10 with magazine pouch from CTD for some cheap practice magazines. They were tough to load at first but have so far functioned flawlessly. I only use OEM magazines for carry though.

oldskoolford427
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Just an FYI

Hey I took it off the top of the invoice I got from them! Anyway they are a good place to get stuff I give them TWO Thumbs UP!!!

scrapinby
11-25-2010, 08:22 PM
I bought three 17 round mags and a 33 round mag for my G26 and they have all worked flawlessly. I carry my G26 mags, but I keep one of these cheapo G17 mags loaded in each of my cars.

G36pilot
01-24-2011, 08:22 AM
I keep a supply of KCI G19,23 mags in my range bucket, but carry OEM GLock. Those KCI work fine.

For recent chrono testing I loaded KCI 33 rd/G18 mags with 20 rds of each round for the trip to the range. One KCI mag had flashing inside the mag which interfered with the mag spring and disrupted timing. Once that was removed it worked fine.

scrapinby
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM
I recently bought 4 KCI G22 mags and took them to the range. I had one mag that would not chamber the last round each time.

USJudo
02-20-2013, 10:48 PM
I have a dozen or so in my range bag and my wife has 6 as well. The 17rd mags where all good to go for me. Some loaded ruff till they broke in. The 33rd mags where hit and miss. I bought 5 total. 3 work great. 2 not so hot. the 33rd's seem to have much more plastic seams inside that need some attention. I used my wife nail file (dont tell here) and smoothed them out. It improved the performance but I still have nose dives in the magazine like the follower is getting hung up.

17rd good to go

33rd may need some pruning

badman
02-20-2013, 11:30 PM
WOW. nice 2 year old thread save:twak:lol

seriously. i have had good luck with these mags. i still think they are really cheap though. i doubt they could stand up over time but for the price i aint bichin.

medictg
02-22-2013, 07:46 PM
No issues with mine

tbirdkid
03-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I went and purchased the oem glock mags, I thought about these cheap mags for my keltec carbine, and glad I didn't buy the cheap kci. glock oem stuff will last a life time, I wonder if you will get that from these cheap kci mags, with shoddy quality control?

mittenman
04-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Oh thee irony. Somebody with a Keltec talking about you get what you pay for:)

pittboss
04-13-2014, 01:21 PM
I got some 15rd mags for my Glock 22. Some work and some don't. They just seize up. I think I'll mess around with them one day, but they've just been sitting in a box.