PDA

View Full Version : Shoot/No shoot

BobM
11-19-2010, 09:22 AM
I had a low light shoot last night in the basement, after that we basically took a bed sheet and hung it up on the target stands, put a powerpoint file with various shoot and no shoot targets on the laptop, ran a projector on the background and Voila.

This was a first step, we now have to put up videos with various senarios to run, as you can see in the video the guy who thought this up got the special file, (teletubbies and zombies shall die)

If you need more information on what we did just ask

Bob M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXiP9KM42M8

Will-IB-Ready
11-19-2010, 09:30 AM
That's an awesome idea Bob!

Unfortunately I don't have a basement to shoot in... :scratch:
I'll have to figure something out.

langenc
11-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Pull the shades (so the neighbor or other noisy dont go beserk) and fire away in the living room.

Big_Jim
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
That's an awesome idea Bob!

Unfortunately I don't have a basement to shoot in... :scratch:
I'll have to figure something out.

+1 That is a great idea.

bolodunn
11-21-2010, 09:45 PM
+1 That is a great idea.
nice!!

i'm setting that up and use the M&P BB gun for practice!! thanx for the great idea!!!

RSF
11-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Great idea, good thoughts... poor application of basic TTP's and bad reinforcement of others why not shoot the guy with the claw hammer?

again great idea but needs better reinforcement of skill sets and mindsets

add in inert pepper spray add in use of white lights more scan and asses time
add in double feeds and malfunctions etc...... to increase the skill set as well as have fun...

good on you guys

BobM
11-22-2010, 08:26 AM
The hammer guy appears with the hammer by his side or up by his head, you decide if he is roofing your house or about to attack, there is also a guy with a shotgun by his side, is he hunting or?
we discuss this in the after action report among ourselves.

Don't judge this Video Tom got the special one:togo:

Also keep in mind this was a practice run to show proof of concept, I'll work up some better images and videos as the year progresses on.

Bob M

If enough of us take this up we can trade powerpoint files so there will be a huge batch to pick from, I still have my terrorist costume!:straf:

If someone is good at video editing meet me out at the range with a video camera and we can film some car interaction scenes.

RSF
11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Like i siad all good food for thought.... so more of a running film instead of clip of a figure more interaction and audioi have spent a lot of time of a few trainer systems that is why i brought up those points look at the meggit system they all ready offer a lot that can be purchased as well

good on you guys

Batman
11-22-2010, 09:57 PM
..look at the meggit system they all ready offer a lot that can be purchased as wellYeah Meggitt System is a great system, but very expensive!! The goal is to incorporate the systems functions into a low/no cost home made trainer.

It's all good!

RSF
11-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah Meggitt System is a great system, but very expensive!! The goal is to incorporate the systems functions into a low/no cost home made trainer.

It's all good!

you should be able to purchase the training disk from them...

pgaplayerless
11-22-2010, 10:25 PM
lol how big is your basement and what do you use as a bullet stop ;)

BobM
11-23-2010, 06:36 AM
This is the Gun clubs basement, the have a steel bullet trap at the end, its about 30' wide by 60' long ?

there is a target turning system in place, ventalation system, etc.

Bob M

Batman
11-23-2010, 09:58 AM
you should be able to purchase the training disk from them...$?, I can call them but if you know...do tell

pgaplayerless
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM
This is the Gun clubs basement, the have a steel bullet trap at the end, its about 30' wide by 60' long ?

there is a target turning system in place, ventalation system, etc.

Bob M

boo way to pop my bubble. I though it was "personal" basement

sonyarueb
12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Nice job and a really clever idea. I used to have small bowling pin matches in my basement with a Kimber 1911 .22 and it was a fun way to really develop speed and accuracy.

johnzilla
12-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I can't speak for the quality of training, but I noticed today that Schoolcraft College is offering some short Shoot/No Shoot classes using the FATS method.

Cost is $49.

http://schoolcraft.edu/www-catalog/CES.WI.99.HTM

Harry25
12-05-2010, 12:00 AM
This is a great idea! I love it.

06camarodude
03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing some of you have already mentioned. . . We used the EST (Engagement Skills Trainer) in the Army, basically it used the shells of the weapons we used, but had laser sighting to tell the computer how you did, ran off compressed air (realistic recoil and muzzle rise), and they were able to simulate weapons malfunctions as well. I'm not sure who made the system, but I would love to see one available to the public, since there were qualification ranges for the M9 and M16/M4, and there were shoot/no shoot scenarios for LE that used video in conjunction with the weapons to change the outcome of various scenarios. . . Lots of fun, and pretty realistic.