PDA

View Full Version : .50 cal Shoot this Sunday

goldwing2000
03-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Ok, I'm sick of waiting. 41° is close enough! I'm taking the AR-50 out this weekend after the Pin Shoot at Wastenaw Sportman's Club. Should be around 2:00 or so.

Unless somebody has a better suggestion, it's going to have to be at Island Lake.

I know some of you have other types of .50 cal stuff, so bring it on out! Black Powder, Desert Eagles, that new AR-type thingy... let's throw some big-bore downrange!

1B2S
03-21-2005, 09:38 PM
:D

goldwing2000
03-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Don't get too happy. It was a total bust. The state ranges have banned the BMG.

Autumnlovr
03-22-2005, 08:18 PM
If you decide to go to the pit near Lapeer....let me know. I'm still holding that round you promised I could fire off! Plus, my muzzleloader should be in any time now. And, my friend Troy wants to take out his S&W 500. I bet, if I did a little sweeping out in the workshop....I could come up with a bag of aluminum shavings....would that add some interest? :shock:

art
03-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I bet, if I did a little sweeping out in the workshop....I could come up with a bag of aluminum shavings....would that add some interest? :shock:
I'll bite- what's the interest?

Jerry
03-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Speaking of the Lapeer pit, can some one post the address or where abouts of the pit?

Thanks...JR

Autumnlovr
03-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I bet, if I did a little sweeping out in the workshop....I could come up with a bag of aluminum shavings....would that add some interest? :shock:

Aluminum shavings can become quite illuminating when struck with an incendiary round. :shock:

Jerry
03-28-2005, 09:20 PM

Aluminum shavings can become quite illuminating when struck with an incendiary round. :shock:

Ya...but magnesium is much brighter!!! (and harder to extinguish!!!)

:lol:

Roger Roney
03-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Ya...but magnesium is much brighter!!! (and harder to extinguish!!!) :lol:Just throw more water on it! :D :D

For more fun, set about a cubic foot box of magnesium shavings on top of a 2 ft. tall log in the middle of a campfire. Wait until it gets burning real well, then throw more fuel in the fire, like a bowling pin, that just happens to land smack dab square on the top of the burning box. Ka-Boomie!! Don't ask how I know. :wink: (No, it wasn't me, but I was there.)

Roger

Roger Roney
03-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Sorry,... Double post.

R

Jerry
03-29-2005, 05:17 AM
Ya...but magnesium is much brighter!!! (and harder to extinguish!!!) :lol:Just throw more water on it! :D :D

For more fun, set about a cubic foot box of magnesium shavings on top of a 2 ft. tall log in the middle of a campfire. Wait until it gets burning real well, then throw more fuel in the fire, like a bowling pin, that just happens to land smack dab square on the top of the burning box. Ka-Boomie!! Don't ask how I know. :wink: (No, it wasn't me, but I was there.)

Roger

Hah!!! Did the magnesium spread out all over the ground?

Did everyone run for cover? :D

To my recolection(sp?)...putting water on a magesium fire is a no-no isnt it?

Roger Roney
03-29-2005, 01:09 PM
putting water on a magesium fire is a no-no isnt it?Correct. It makes it worse, or more intense, that's why the smileys.

We had a 15' fire pit, the box was still fairly solid, as the magnesium had been lit seprately, so upon compression & explosion, the box held the spread within the ring. We still joke about the blast knocking the guy off his feet, and he claims he tripped. Either way, it was a pretty good boom.

Roger