PDA

View Full Version : ACTS December - Pfc. Shane M. Reifert Memorial Match

Tom Fineis
11-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Pfc. Shane M. Reifert Memorial Match

Pfc. Shane Reifert, son of ACTS/MGO member Kurt Reifert, was killed in action in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan on November 6, 2010. Pfc. Reifert was with the 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.

To celebrate his honor and to purchase much needed gear for his brothers left in the fight, ACTS will dedicate its December match to Shane and all proceeds will directly benefit his company. This match will be held December 11, 2010 at Centerline of Calhoun Range, Bellevue, Michigan.

A well respected member of ACTS, and current Marine, will direct the December match and this will include 3 regular stages as well as a separate for-fee skill stage where prizes will be awarded.

We have added this match to our online store and ask that you register as early as possible. You will have the option of paying online or at the match, and can also make a donation via Google Checkout.

More details will be forthcoming as soon as they are confirmed.

More about Pfc. Reifert and his family can be found at myfallensoldier.blogspot.com.

www.actshooters.com

Tom Fineis
ACTS Board of Directors

DodgeBoy
11-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Pfc. Shane M. Reifert Memorial Match

Pfc. Shane Reifert, son of ACTS/MGO member Kurt Reifert, was killed in action in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan on November 6, 2010. Pfc. Reifert was with the 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division.

To celebrate his honor and to purchase much needed gear for his brothers left in the fight, ACTS will dedicate its December match to Shane and all proceeds will directly benefit his company. This match will be held December 11, 2010 at Centerline of Calhoun Range, Bellevue, Michigan.

A well respected member of ACTS, and current Marine, will direct the December match and this will include 3 regular stages as well as a separate for-fee skill stage where prizes will be awarded.

We have added this match to our online store and ask that you register as early as possible. You will have the option of paying online or at the match, and can also make a donation via Google Checkout.

More details will be forthcoming as soon as they are confirmed.

More about Pfc. Reifert and his family can be found at myfallensoldier.blogspot.com.

www.actshooters.com

Tom Fineis
ACTS Board of Directors

Very cool, Tom. I may have to make this my first ACTS match. Who is the match director?

Joeywhat
11-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I do believe it's Jon Cross.

I'll do my best to be there as well.

dougwg
11-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Sounds like a car pool.

mikeb32
11-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Or Truck Pool!!

Tom Fineis
11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Cross is the match director. He's a thinker and always puts on cool stages.

There will be donations to the prize pool for the side shoot. Should be some cool stuff. RCS is donating a bunch of gift certs, and there will be many others. Details on how the side shoot will work is still TBD.

Every penny is going to help Shane's guys still on the ground.

dougwg
11-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Think we can auction off a few sears and a serration job Tom.

Tom Fineis
11-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Awesome, Doug. If you want to bring some sort of gift cert (doesn't need to be fancy) that would be very cool.

Maranatha
11-20-2010, 04:15 PM
whats the rounds count and equipment requirements

Tom Fineis
11-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Equipment requirements are in the rulebook (hosted at actshooters.com), but it's pretty simple:

Rifle
Pistol
Durable holster
Factory made rifle sling
Some way of carrying extra magazines (pockets are fine, belt pouches, chest rigs, bags, etc are all fine too).

Round count is TBD, but a three stage match is typically 100-200 rifle, and 50-100 pistol.

Bring spare ammo for the side match, it will more than likely be a pistol skills stage (plate rack race or something similar).

MGO/ACTS member Joeywhat has also offered some stippling work to the prize table. We appreciate the donations, guys.

Maranatha
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
thanks Tom, you guys will be gentle on us old Guys..... right

Tom Fineis
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
thanks Tom, you guys will be gentle on us old Guys..... right
There are canes, walkers and wheelchairs available for rent. ;)

Just kidding...

The match can be shot as quickly or slowly as the shooter has the abilities. One of my main draws to ACTS in the beginning was the lack of elitist attitude that is found at many competition circuits. You will do just fine.

The only thing we're harsh about is following the safety rules.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
11-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Going to check the book and see if I can get the day off.

Batman
11-20-2010, 06:49 PM
This is a very fine and noble tribute and I'll try to make it as well.

tdbrown1969
11-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Centerline Of Calhoun Inc
23100 13 Mile Road
Bellevue, MI 49021-9529
Lansing-East Lansing, MI Metro Area

http://www.centerlineofcalhoun.org/

This place it is about 9 miles south of me,if you need help with anything I can be there.Thanks,tom

mikee1973
11-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Great cause... might be a good time to get my feet wet on the ACTs format.

Will-IB-Ready
11-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll be there.

mikeb32
11-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I'll be there, I'm not ready for the Competition shooting thing yet, But I will watch and get to meet some great guys I'm sure. There couldn't be a more worthwhile cause in my book.

Tom Fineis
11-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the support, everyone. We hope this will help Shane's guys on the ground and be a good way to honor his legacy.

There has been a lot of offers for help and a lot of questions. We are putting this all together as best we can given the time constraints. Here's a bit of an update, it's the best I can provide at the moment:

- BOD and members have contacted (and are still contacting) various clothing and equipment suppliers to see who can work with us.
- BOD is ironing out the kinks of the side match. It will more than likely be plate rack race. You enter for a fee and get your time recorded. Prizes will be awarded based on times. There may be other prizes awarded in different ways, we are working on the legal logistics of this. I will probably spend the day running the side match, say hi. :)
- We are in contact with Kurt to ensure the funds raised are spent in the best way possible. It's pretty humbling to see everyone come together for this. While a time of grieving, hopefully it is also a time where we can all contribute to help the guys that are pushing the fight.

We know it's all a bit jumbled. I/we will provide as many updates as we can in the weeks leading up to the match.

Thanks,

ACTS

Barbara
11-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Guys, there's a registration available on the front page of the ACTS site. If you want to reserve a spot, I'd recommend you do so as we have had a lot of interest.

Lots of good prizes coming in so far, including a Pat Rogers Carbine Operator's Course ($600.00) and a Magpul Dynamics Medical class (~$1,000, I believe) as well as a ton of other training and gear.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Tom Fineis
11-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Indianagunowners.com (The MGO of Indiana) has offered a donation. Thanks INGO!

langenc
11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Any way to send $5 or $10 to add to the pot??

Will-IB-Ready
11-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Any way to send $5 or $10 to add to the pot??
http://www.actshooters.com/store.html

Tom Fineis
11-21-2010, 02:16 PM
There's also a donate button at the blog that Shane's sister runs:

http://myfallensoldier.blogspot.com

Dark5ide
11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I will definitely be there to show my support for the Reifert's and the Soldiers of 1/327.

Events like this make me extremely proud to be a member of the ACTS community.

mini4m3
11-22-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd like to see if there would be a way that I could help with donating food from my shop, either during the event (chili/warm stuff) or gift certificates for anytime.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to serve food out there, especially if the club would allow it or not because I know they already have a little food place there.

Thoughts?

RSF
11-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see if there would be a way that I could help with donating food from my shop, either during the event (chili/warm stuff) or gift certificates for anytime.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to serve food out there, especially if the club would allow it or not because I know they already have a little food place there.

Thoughts?

yes yes

mini4m3
11-22-2010, 06:21 PM
yes yes

I'll send you a PM with more questions.

Tom Fineis
11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Chili, soup, hot chocolate, coffee, etc will all be a very welcomed addition, I'm sure. If you feel inclined, we'd love to have you out.

Barbara
11-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Updated prize list as I have it now.

-Pat Rogers - Carbine Operator Course
-Magpul - 3 day medical.
-Vinnie - Rifle case, pistol case, backpack.
-NTAC - I forget (Jon? John?)
-Steve - Gear as yet TBD
-Keith - CPL Class.
-Doug - Gun smithing.
-Raven Concealment - gift certificate.
-Joey - Stipplingly stuff.
-Practicalfirearmstraining.com - CPL or defensive pistol class.
-Kurt - Ammo
-Jericho Defense -Carbine class and Pistol class
-Josh - 9mm 127 +P+ Rangers - 2 boxes
-Monte - Steel Silhouette.

Tom Fineis
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM

-Magpul - 3 day medical.
-Steve - Gear as yet TBD
-Keith - CPL Class.
-Doug - Gun smithing.
-Kurt - Ammo

We're in with at least $400 in gift certs.

mikeb32
11-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Couldn't be for a better cause in my book.

mini4m3
11-23-2010, 03:07 PM

-Magpul - 3 day medical.
-Steve - Gear as yet TBD
-Keith - CPL Class.
-Doug - Gun smithing.
-Kurt - Ammo

I (Wise Guys restaurant) will be providing at least a couple bucks in food gift certificates if not in addition to some food during the event.

hopeitsfast
12-10-2010, 04:31 PM
So, who's registered and/or going?

Maranatha
12-10-2010, 04:42 PM
me

hopeitsfast
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
me
:thumbup: It would be great to see a large MGO contingent.

Will-IB-Ready
12-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I'll be there.

mitommy
12-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I'll be there

CallmeDave
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Im going! It will be my first time:D

The only bad thing is from Novi I have a two hour drive by myself but its for a great cause!

I dont know what to expect so hopefully I bring everything with me.

Quick question do you have to worry about what/how much gun oil to run on your AR-15 since it will be so cold? Also I read I should load magizens before I get there but I have no idea how many bring.

Thanks

hopeitsfast
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Im going! It will be my first time:D

The only bad thing is from Novi I have a two hour drive by myself but its for a great cause!

I dont know what to expect so hopefully I bring everything with me.

Quick question do you have to worry about what/how much gun oil to run on your AR-15 since it will be so cold? Also I read I should load magizens before I get there but I have no idea how many bring.

Thanks
The round count is approximately 50 pistol and 100 rifle, if you don't miss at all and you don't shoot the side match. Bring more for sure!!!

Load up as many mags as you feel like bringing, and i'm sure you will have plenty of time in between the shooting portions. I wouldn't worry about the lube on your rifle, it's not going to be that cold IMO.

CallmeDave
12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Alright, thanks.

mini4m3
12-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I'll be there +1 and food

dougwg
12-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I'll be there...

Joeywhat
12-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Food? Did I hear someone say food?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/joeywhat/IMG_6743.jpg
Oh and there's even more not done yet...

dougwg
12-11-2010, 07:24 AM
:shock:

Tom Fineis
12-12-2010, 12:37 PM
We had a very good turnout. Thank you to everyone who helped design, build, and run the match. Thanks to those who showed up and were generous with their wallets to help the guys still in the fight. Thanks to those who donated items to our prize collection.

I don't have exact figures, but I think we had just over 60 shooters, and came away with a net profit of right around $2,000 to go toward gear and other necessities for Shane's guys.

Mostly, thanks goes to Shane and the Reifert family, as well as all other military families around the globe fighting for the freedoms we enjoy back home.

hopeitsfast
12-12-2010, 12:40 PM
We had a very good turnout. Thank you to everyone who helped design, build, and run the match. Thanks to those who showed up and were generous with their wallets to help the guys still in the fight. Thanks to those who donated items to our prize collection.

I don't have exact figures, but I think we had just over 60 shooters, and came away with a net profit of right around $2,000 to go toward gear and other necessities for Shane's guys.

Mostly, thanks goes to Shane and the Reifert family, as well as all other military families around the globe fighting for the freedoms we enjoy back home.
Ain't that the truth. Well said Tom.

Also, is this figure before the other items are sold off? Because that's going to increase this number significantly.

Tom Fineis
12-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes, that figure is what we had left after expenses were paid last night. There will be more to come.

CallmeDave
12-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I had a good time and learned alot for my first time, I am looking forward to the next match.

I seen someone with a camera there, I'd like to see some of the pics.

Will-IB-Ready
12-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I had a good time and learned alot for my first time, I am looking forward to the next match.

I seen someone with a camera there, I'd like to see some of the pics.
You will probably see them pop up on the ACTS forum eventually.

http://actshooters.com

Tom Fineis
12-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Pics will be posted when/if the particular photographer feels like/has time to put them up.

karcent
12-14-2010, 02:36 PM
These are some of the pics that I took:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch016.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/anotherlefty/memorialmatch005.jpg

karcent
12-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Jerry posted a bunch of pics over at the ACTS forum. He's a much more skilled photog than I am.