PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready!

joen
03-31-2005, 08:25 AM
We have a Winchester Defender 12G. It is safely standing in the corner of the bedroom with a cable lock through the breech. It is not loaded because we want to be safe. The ammo is safely stored in a locked container out in the garage; as far away as we can get it from the shotgun. The keys are hidden in a safe place. We read this, and many other good pointers, from the Million Mom movement and the Brady Campaign, who really know how to make things safe for the children and prevent accidents. They said we don't have to have loaded firearms to protect our house and property because we have 911 and police and sheriff deputies for that. We feel very good about making our house safe for the children or anyone else.

When the man comes on radio and TV and announces a real homeland security action, we know they will come around and give us supplies, like food, water, warm outer wear, blankets and first aid/medical stuff. They will also provide us with the extra ammo for our shotgun or other firearms. That's why we don't bother storing supplies; people will call us paranoid or militia wackos and nobody wants to be called those names.

Writing this has reminded me I should see if I can find the container where the shotgun ammo is stored. We had a branch damage the garage last fall and, with the moving of things around and stuff, I'm not sure where the container is. Pretty silly not to know where it is; what if there was an emergency?