PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Fundraiser @ LSC

rifle guy
11-29-2010, 05:15 PM
The first Sunday of December each year is club election day but for many years it has also been Angel Tree/Christmas Express Day! This year is no different. On Sunday we will be hosting a "Varmint Style Rifle Match" and the usual "Trap Event". All proceeds from these events will go to support the Angel Tree/Christmas Express program in our area. Holiday food boxes and Christmas gifts will go to as many needy in our area as possable. So if you'd like to prove your skill with your favorite scoped deer rifle or that tack driving 22 come join us! Great way to show off with your smooth bore that you'll be using this winter also. Probably will be cold but will for sure be a good time for a good cause!

Angel Tree Shoot

December 5th 2010
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
at 100 yard range

Novelty Varmint Targets

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO
ANGEL TREE / CHRISMAS EXPRESS
Entry Fee $15.00

2 Classes Centerfire and Rimfire
Scopes a must!
25 round match. 5 sighters & 20 for score
30 minute time limit

Prize to top shooter in each class

Please come out and support our
local charity. Angel Tree/Christmas Express supplies Holiday meals and gifts to the less fortunate families and youth locally.

I'll be looking for all of you on line Sunday,

rifle guy @ LSC

EricF517
12-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Where, and what are the classes?

rifle guy
12-02-2010, 09:08 AM
The rifle match will mimic our "Varmint League" with centerfire and rimfire classes. You can use a sand bag rest, bi-pod or sling. Just about any scoped rifle will work but the target centers are quite small so you'll want to be accurate with your shots. You'll have plenty of time, it's all slow fire and you'll have 30 minutes to complete the five targets. Our 100 yard line is covered but you'll want to bring your shooting mat and a spotting scope would be nice. We have a few in the shack that people can borrow.

Remember, this is not just about shooting, "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS"!

Hope to see you there!

rifle guy @ LSC

RPMO6
12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
For those who don't know what LSC is, will you please provide the name and address.

rifle guy
12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Linden Sportsmen Club, Linden Michigan.

Here: http://lindensportsmenclub.homestead.com/

HTH,

rifle guy @ LSC

Ol` Joe
12-02-2010, 12:09 PM
It`s a fun shoot and for a great cause, I`ll be there in the morning for sure.

Rifle Guy ask Steve to point out "Joe" I shot a Hi-Wall in the Varmite league that he banned from this shoot. :-)
It would nice to be able to meet and put a face to some of the guys here.

rifle guy
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks to all who attended the events at Linden yesterday! Because of the shooters on the rifle line, trap line and those donating in the club house we raised $1500.00 for the Angel Tree/Christmas Express!!!

Thanks again,

rifle guy @ LSC

wishn-i-was-fishn
12-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I made it out and shot a line of trap, it was cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear we did well raising funds for Angel Tree.

gale
12-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Hey, I am sorry because it couldn’t make it to the event. I had some work which came up at the last moment and it was unavoidable. I am happy to hear about the money that has been raised through the event. Thanks everyone for making it to the event and supporting such a noble cause.